Lost Coast Pre Run - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old July 30th, 2015, 12:58 PM
m3dragon
Adam
none

Lost Coast Pre Run

Lost Coast Pre Run was to verify what trails could be used to make a complete loop along the Northern California Coast. The pre run covered 340 miles of which a lot of it lead to locked gates and dead ends. The final road and trail tour that has been posted offers a great trip to see some amazing sights as well as stops to be social and get to know your fellow travelers.

See the full album of pre run images here: 2015 Lost Coast - Pre Run

The images below are of the pre run done as a last minute family trip. The start of the pre run had lots of fun back roads which sadly were very rough and not good for those who have sports cars.

After some pavement, we came to the first open stretch of dirt trail. This is a county road, which was fun and had some great views of the mountain range.

The dirt trail ends right at the coast where we turned north to follow HWY 1. For those who have ever done this section of HWY 1 you know how amazing the sights are.

We made a quick restroom stop in Mendocino as well as to allow our 14 month old to get out of the car seat for a little.

We reached the main section of dirt trail past Fort Bragg where the trail was very tight and windy. This was as fun section of trail and lead to Usla beach.

The second trail past Usla beach is more open as well as leads to a great overlook of the cost.

http://www.raddrives.com/albums/2015-Lost_Coast-Pre-Run/slides/LostCoast-Pre%2841%29.jpg[/img]

The end of the run to Eureka took us along the shoreline before making our way back inland to end a very long but fun day.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 30th, 2015, 01:22 PM
bennett
Bennett
'97 Defender 90 Soft Top #1140

Registry
Awesome trip. Did something similar when i first got my D90. Such a beautiful place
Old July 30th, 2015, 02:15 PM
D90rovin
Mike
95 NAS SW

Thumbs up

Thanks for posting this! This has been on my list for a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 30th, 2015, 02:22 PM
m3dragon
Adam
none

We are doing the trip in Sept. I posted it up if you care to join.
Old August 4th, 2015, 07:58 PM
wineryrover
Robb
D90, SIII, LR3 & DII

Registry
I did this trip last November in my series with my 14 year old daughter. It was a great trip. Awesome area.
Old August 11th, 2015, 02:37 PM
hbl21
bart leconey
1989 Defender 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dragon View Post
We are doing the trip in Sept. I posted it up if you care to join.
do you have a map of your route?? i'm in SF and hoping to do this in my D110 while surfing up the coast
Old August 11th, 2015, 02:49 PM
m3dragon
Adam
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbl21 View Post
do you have a map of your route?? i'm in SF and hoping to do this in my D110 while surfing up the coast
Shoot me a email and we can chat on what format you need.

norcal.drivers@gmail.com

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events