Land Rover National Rally 2012 - Moab, UT - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old August 15th, 2012, 03:07 PM
TravelerBT
Philip Marshall
none - :*(

Registry
Land Rover National Rally 2012 - Moab, UT

Hey Rover Heads...

I just finished up the new website for the Land Rover National Rally in Moab this October. Should be a good time if anyone is interested. Online registration is available as well!

LandRoverNationalRally.org

Hope to see you all there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 15th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

I will for sure be there. If any one else wants to convoy out let me know!
Old August 15th, 2012, 05:48 PM
TravelerBT
Philip Marshall

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post
I will for sure be there. If any one else wants to convoy out let me know!
Cool Man... look forward to meeting you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 15th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

thanks...this will be my first event like this. I will be solo so I wont have to take care of anyones expedition needs but my own. looking forward to it!
Old August 15th, 2012, 06:36 PM
TravelerBT
Philip Marshall

Registry
Quote:
thanks...this will be my first event like this. I will be solo so I wont have to take care of anyones expedition needs but my own. looking forward to it!
only way to roll...
Old August 15th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

So I was thinking about a primitive camping area. Does anyone know anything about the Devils Campground? I dont want to be too far out and would give up that notion if it meant being away from the group activities...
Old August 16th, 2012, 12:11 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I'm either going to:
1) quit my job one of these years so I can make it to this (fall is very busy for work)
2) make it to Moab on a solo trip in the spring at some point

Probably #2, but I would like to make it to this sometime before i retire.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old August 16th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

This part of the country is very nice in the spring! The only bad part (I grew up in Michigan) is the lack of trees more than 20' tall. It was refreshing to at least see pines that were 30' to 50' tall in Taos, very nice country out there!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Taos-20120803-00477.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	55869  
Old August 16th, 2012, 12:52 AM
]-[ @ n $
Hans
Hunting

Registry
I can't wait!

And Colorado Springs guys want to link up on the way out?
Old August 16th, 2012, 08:14 AM
brn24whl
Eric
1994 RRC SWB

Registry
Jason
Pick a time make a post guys will show up to wheel with you. Trust me, Moab is a place that is very easy to make your own "event" with a little notice.

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
I'm either going to:
1) quit my job one of these years so I can make it to this (fall is very busy for work)
2) make it to Moab on a solo trip in the spring at some point

Probably #2, but I would like to make it to this sometime before i retire.
Direct Line 518-539-2231

If ordering on our online site please choose me as the sales rep. If placing a phone order please call me directly at the numbers above.

Old August 16th, 2012, 10:05 AM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
I wanted to fly out and do a ride-along, since driving my truck there is impossible. I don't smell, don't drink, don't say obnoxious things, but I would like to take lots of photos...
Old August 16th, 2012, 10:16 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post
don't drink, don't say obnoxious things
These may not be selling points .
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old August 16th, 2012, 11:37 AM
taoseno
Todd Kendrick
1995 D90 #2206 Original Owner

Registry
Yea I know what you mean it is about 6-7 hour drive from here to Moab and the older I get the harder that drive is. Makes me want to convert ST to SW (alpine white if any front range folks are interested) ........I cant even consider driving across the country!

Bill sorry I missed you when you here in Taos; we were up on Mt Blanca which is only about 1.5 hours north of here. Had a blast wish you could have joined us. D90 board members are always welcome as we have plenty of room..........and have hosted many before.

We are going to Silverton, CO (Montanya Distillery) the 25th and we are going the back way from Taos to Silverton via Creede, CO. Should be a blast.........and I might have an extra seat. We usually do as we have a hard time getting the girls to go on some of these remote trips!

We are booked for Moab in October but not 100% on that one yet as we are finally getting our house off the propane. We will forever live on a dirt road though.............
'95 D90 #2206
'66 109" P/U
Old August 16th, 2012, 11:45 AM
TravelerBT
Philip Marshall

Registry
Quote:
I wanted to fly out and do a ride-along, since driving my truck there is impossible. I don't smell, don't drink, don't say obnoxious things, but I would like to take lots of photos...
hmm... now if you had said " I smell... drink and am completely obnoxious" ... maybe...
Old August 16th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
I will pm you my numbers and we can talk about routes and scheduales if you'd like. I'm solo this trip so I'll have extra gear you could use. all that you'd need is cloths!

------ Follow up post added August 16th, 2012 02:38 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by taoseno View Post
Yea I know what you mean it is about 6-7 hour drive from here to Moab and the older I get the harder that drive is. Makes me want to convert ST to SW (alpine white if any front range folks are interested) ........I cant even consider driving across the country!

Bill sorry I missed you when you here in Taos; we were up on Mt Blanca which is only about 1.5 hours north of here. Had a blast wish you could have joined us. D90 board members are always welcome as we have plenty of room..........and have hosted many before.

We are going to Silverton, CO (Montanya Distillery) the 25th and we are going the back way from Taos to Silverton via Creede, CO. Should be a blast.........and I might have an extra seat. We usually do as we have a hard time getting the girls to go on some of these remote trips!

We are booked for Moab in October but not 100% on that one yet as we are finally getting our house off the propane. We will forever live on a dirt road though.............
I just checked out your upcoming trip on the map...yeah after that you wont want to do MOAB backed up to that. Going to do that same run to NM next year. We'll have to hook up!
Old August 16th, 2012, 04:11 PM
TravelerBT
Philip Marshall

Registry
pics from Breckenridge CO - 2011

Just thought you guys would enjoy some of the pics from last year in Breckenridge CO...

http://landrovernationalrally.org/ph...-breckenridge/

enjoy
Old August 20th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Well registration is complete, additional shirts ordered for the what will be absent in body family members...lets bring it on!
Old August 30th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Sergeant_V
Abel Villesca
1995 D-90 ST

Quote:
So I was thinking about a primitive camping area. Does anyone know anything about the Devils Campground? I dont want to be too far out and would give up that notion if it meant being away from the group activities...
Where did you end up deciding to camp? I'm still on the fence for Moab, but tipping towards going. I'm shopping around for cabins now, but they may be all booked.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 11:50 AM
malaD90
Paul
1994 D90 ST

Registry
Is anyone else having trouble getting on the rally website? I have not been able to connect to it the last couple of days.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 11:53 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaD90 View Post
Is anyone else having trouble getting on the rally website? I have not been able to connect to it the last couple of days.
yes- I coulndn't get it to load yesterday or today.

------ Follow up post added September 3rd, 2012 10:58 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant_V View Post
Where did you end up deciding to camp? I'm still on the fence for Moab, but tipping towards going. I'm shopping around for cabins now, but they may be all booked.
I didnt decide yet, no one replied to my inquiry. I'm open for most any type of camping but I want to be where others are for the conversation and things of the like. I fear that alot of the good areas may be bookd but there are lot of options so I guess unless someone can give some good info I'm just going to have to wing it. I am going no doubt about it! I'm taking the trailer and extra equipment so I just need a "set up" area.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events