Land Rover Experience Driving School at Quail Lodge in Carmel Valley - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old May 16th, 2016, 03:17 PM
kurtisblo
Kurt
1991 Defender 110, LHD 200TDI

Registry
Land Rover Experience Driving School at Quail Lodge in Carmel Valley

I just did some searching and realize that Land Rover has and experience Center fairly close to where I live. Apparently they have owner days if you times a year where you can take your truck and go drive their courses. Has anyone ever done this? Good time and worth the trip/cost?

http://www.landroverusa.com/experien...e-gallery.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 16th, 2016, 03:23 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Never done it at the Quail lodge, but did it a few times at Manchester. It is pretty fun, especially if you don't have much experience running trails.
Old May 16th, 2016, 03:39 PM
hmmrbrg
HMMRBRG
1972 SIII 109

I noticed this on landroverusa.com last year, and booked a free 2 hour lesson in NC. In the end I had to cancel but it was indeed free.

"Complimentary Off-Road Lesson

As a Land Rover owner, you are entitled to a complimentary two-hour lesson with a Land Rover Experience Driving School Instructor who will teach you how to take advantage of the unparalleled capabilities your vehicle has to offer.

Locate your nearest Land Rover Experience Driving School.

Current Land Rover Owners will receive a 10% discount on all lessons and trails."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 16th, 2016, 05:19 PM
ROBINSON110
Chris Robinson
1986 Ex MoD Defender 110

I took the wife in the LR3 to the one at Biltmore N.C. a few years ago.
I actually learned a few things about my LR3. It was worth the money and the wife had a blast. As a plus they provided a catered lunch for the participants.
Old May 17th, 2016, 09:57 AM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
My wife and I did the Land Rover Experience at The Greenbriar WV back in the day.
It was a fun trip.

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old May 17th, 2016, 10:34 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I did the quail lodge one about 8 years ago. It was really fun. Especially since I got to do it in a Range Rover and not care what happens.
Old May 19th, 2016, 01:03 AM
LRINSTRUCTOR
Eric Y. LR/MOX INSTRCTR
Defender 110, RRC, 04 Discos, S2A

The staff at the Quail are top notch and the driving is unique. Great fun for all abilities.
Old May 19th, 2016, 01:11 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
My wife and I did the Land Rover Experience at The Greenbriar WV back in the day.
It was a fun trip.

We have a place down near there....would love to go run those old trails if I could find out where they were!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old May 19th, 2016, 02:29 AM
lithium1330
Chris
'97 SW NAS 4.6

Registry
Looks fun! what's the typical cost to participate?
Old May 19th, 2016, 03:05 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
I did the one out at Glen Eagles, Scotland back in the early 90's. Couldn't remember the cost to save my life, as it was through the resort and discounted anyways, but well worth it. That's where I got stricken with the Rover Bug.
Old May 19th, 2016, 12:39 PM
kurtisblo
Kurt
1991 Defender 110, LHD 200TDI

Registry
I reached out to the Quail Lodge facility. You have to use one of their shiny new LRs for the training. They have a few "owners" days a year when you can bring your own LR. I have no interest in taking an LR3. I want to take my D110! With their truck it is $250 for 1 hour and $400 for 2 hours. I'm not sure how much "Owner's Day" costs.

=-======

LESSONS

Climb behind the wheel of your choice of Land Rover for a truly memorable off-road experience with the Land Rover Driving School at Quail Lodge & Golf Club. Our dedicated course is composed to provide an exciting outdoor adventure of endless obstacles including ascents, descents, side-tilts, log crossings, and rock crawls.

Customized private lessons cover expedition-style, off-road driving and proper Tread Lightly procedures. Whether this is your first time off-road, or you have advanced experience, the lesson will provide elements and terrain that will increase your knowledge and ability. (Lessons are required before booking trails.)

One Hour Lesson (designed for one guest)
$250 per vehicle

Two Hour Lesson (designed for 1, 2 or 3 guests)
$400 per vehicle

TRAILS

Once you have completed a lesson, try your new skills on more difficult open terrain surrounding the historic Quail Lodge & Golf Club. There are over 80 acres of hills, descents, wooded trails, sand traps, rocks and other real-world obstacles to explore. These trails will increase your skill level and introduce more advanced driving techniques such as winching, vehicle recovery and expedition travel or other topics you wish to explore with your private instructor.

Two Hour Trail (maximum of three guests per vehicle)
$400 per vehicle

FULL DAY EXPERIENCE

The Land Rover Driving School's full day experience is an intriguing adventure that offers a truly unique and diversified experience.

Full Day (maximum of three guests per vehicle) $1,200 per vehicle
Full Day (maximum of three guests per vehicle) $1,200 per vehicle

Start with a customized lesson on Land Rover's purpose-built obstacle course, and then continue on an extensive trail of challenging terrain where you will cover a variety of advanced off-road techniques.

Each Full Day Experience includes a picnic lunch and a Land Rover Experience gift.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events