L. I.'s Largest Car Show Want to Feature Defenders, etc. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:29 AM
isleofbones
Mike Deery
1984 D-90

L. I.'s Largest Car Show Want to Feature Defenders, etc.

I work for the Town of Hempstead, America's largest township, and am putting together the town's 8th annual Seaside Car show. Also, I'm a defender owner and member of this forum for several years. The car show is the Island's biggest show, its by the beach and features cars, bands, awards and special marquis displays. I am interested in assembling about 5 really cool looking defenders and / or series trucks for one of the marquis displays this year. In past year's, marquis displays have included Ferrari of Long Island, a local Shelby Cobra Manufacturer, Hollywood Movie Cars, and other cars of unique interest. This year, I'd like to include as a special feature at the front of the show (stageside), a collection of 5 unique off - road looking defenders /series trucks on boulder displays. We have a host of large boulders to set up the displays. There is no charge for marquis cars (general car show vehicles require a $10 entrance fee). Marquis displayers would be required to arrive before 9:00 am on Saturday, September 21st (raindate is on the 22nd).Regular entrants are admitted starting at 10am and the show and music starts at noon. Marquis vehicles would have to stay until close of show for safety's sake. General show vehicles must be 1988 or older, but marquis vehicles are not restricted. I ONLY NEED / HAVE ROOM FOR 5 Land Rover MARQUIS VEHICLES. The event takes place at Town Park Point Lookout on Lido Blvd., Point Lookout< Long Island. To view a detailed flyer on the event, visits the town's website at www.toh.li/events/713-seaside-spectacular-car-show For further info, call me , Mike Deery, or Mike Caputo at 516-812-3496. This show is not - for -profit program. I will be displaying my ROW '84 defender. Thanks in advance for interest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:34 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
do you mean 'marquee' ... marquis is something different?
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:01 AM
AmityD90
Gery
1987 ROW D90

Registry
Sounds like a fun event. I might be interested, but can't commit to being a "Marquis" vehicle as of right now. In any case if I can make this event, I might just show up and be a regular vehicle since mine meets the event requirements of being older than 1988.

Tough date for rover owners seeing it coincides with the Conclave.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:20 AM
isleofbones
Mike Deery
1984 D-90

Marquis as in "a title of honor"' not marquee as in tent like structure, movie theatre awning or as I believe I have heard it used in reference to a particular badge or brand of automobile. Regardless, I hope the message conveyed that the trucks will be a featured component of the program and will be given a special place of prominence.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:28 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Marque noun
Definition of MARQUE

: a brand or make of a product (as a sports car)
Old August 22nd, 2013, 04:05 PM
isleofbones
Mike Deery
1984 D-90

I think I have two vehicles on board. Need three more to make an impressive Land Rover feature display at the show.
Old March 11th, 2014, 12:42 PM
geoellis
George
1995 D90 #2904 - BB

Mike - I missed this thread at the time. How did it turn out? Any chance you'll do it again this year?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
defender