Jersey Meetup - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old January 25th, 2013, 11:54 AM
bossman429's Avatar
bossman429
Status: Offline
Adrian
1988 90
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Red Bank, NJ, USA
Posts: 1,416
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornrover View Post

Lmao. Dry run for winter romp. hmmmmm

------ Follow up post added January 25th, 2013 12:00 AM ------

True but its what you make of it. Especially around that pond.
Here's what I made of it.... Stuck in the middle of a field , was able to link my hi-lift to the straps to get just enough length to the nearest tree. 3 more inches and I would have been too far. I had all my cable out, both my 6 and 30' tow straps. All my shackles and my hi-lift.


I thought I did the right thing by going around the big puddle and using the little one.... Totally covered my 34" tires
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1225991015.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	473.0 KB
ID:	65113   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1662479143.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	859.7 KB
ID:	65114  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3129311200.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	630.4 KB
ID:	65115  
__________________
1967 Series IIa 109 5 Door - Work in progress
'98 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #42  
Old January 25th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Shep29's Avatar
Shep29
Status: Offline
KS
'95 RRC LWB
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: On a Mountain
Posts: 815
Registry
Anyone coming to the Jersey meetup interested in buying my stock front bumper and fold down brush bar suitable for game, road kill, in-laws, etc? Looking for $175 for both. Both in good structural shape, some surface rust. Need the money to drink!


*******SOLD********
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	65117   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	65121  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	65122   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	65123  

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old January 25th, 2013, 03:19 PM
airbornrover's Avatar
airbornrover
Status: Offline
William Skidmore
SIII 109 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Land by parkway and 33
Posts: 1,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman429 View Post
Here's what I made of it.... Stuck in the middle of a field , was able to link my hi-lift to the straps to get just enough length to the nearest tree. 3 more inches and I would have been too far. I had all my cable out, both my 6 and 30' tow straps. All my shackles and my hi-lift.


I thought I did the right thing by going around the big puddle and using the little one.... Totally covered my 34" tires
Sounds like a good time to me.
__________________
Quote:
Just to be clear, i was not bragging. i was calling you a pussy. Ren Ching
There is nothing as permanent as a temporary fix. JSBriggs
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #44  
Old January 25th, 2013, 05:42 PM
ini88's Avatar
ini88
Status: Offline
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,816
Just saw Jorge in queens randomly. He is down to come out.
__________________
1955 Series I
1975 FC101 Vampire
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old January 25th, 2013, 05:44 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
OK awesome...that means no tickets on the way back.

Bring my inverter! Or at least the D1 and we can all go through and organize that thing.
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old January 25th, 2013, 06:10 PM
tjfslaughter's Avatar
tjfslaughter
Status: Offline
thomas
Burbon
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NorthEast
Posts: 4,563
Goose has me participating in a RURR. I will be there.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old January 25th, 2013, 06:16 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Ha so I heard. Too bad that will probably get down there before his boosts come up here
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old January 25th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Shep29's Avatar
Shep29
Status: Offline
KS
'95 RRC LWB
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: On a Mountain
Posts: 815
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
Goose has me participating in a RURR. I will be there.
Large bills only please
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old January 25th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Rugbier's Avatar
Rugbier
Status: Offline
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Marylandistan
Posts: 5,884
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Ha so I heard. Too bad that will probably get down there before his boosts come up here

Me has no boost to wear...I am too un-classy to match the NYC style

------ Follow up post added January 25th, 2013 07:36 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep29 View Post
Large bills only please
Tom went to the bank today and got nicely rolled nickels
__________________
NO SIGNATURE
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old January 25th, 2013, 08:35 PM
COphinest's Avatar
COphinest
Status: Offline
Joshua Lipsey
2013 Defender 110
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Geneva Switzerland
Posts: 108
I plan to be there.

Anyone have a Airtop Webasto installed that is attending? My truck didn't get above 23 degrees this week inside with heat on full blast. My kids asked why the rover doesn't have heat. I said well it does it just doesn't get very warm. My 3 year old said then is it air conditioning? To which I replied, do you remember how hot it was in the summer? he said oh yeah definitely not ariconditioning... The insult to injury is I have a Webasto Airtop in box in my garage since last spring.

See you sunday
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old January 25th, 2013, 10:50 PM
tjfslaughter's Avatar
tjfslaughter
Status: Offline
thomas
Burbon
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NorthEast
Posts: 4,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by COphinest View Post
I plan to be there.

Anyone have a Airtop Webasto installed that is attending? My truck didn't get above 23 degrees this week inside with heat on full blast. My kids asked why the rover doesn't have heat. I said well it does it just doesn't get very warm. My 3 year old said then is it air conditioning? To which I replied, do you remember how hot it was in the summer? he said oh yeah definitely not ariconditioning... The insult to injury is I have a Webasto Airtop in box in my garage since last spring.

See you sunday
I can help with airttop install. I have 2 if them in installed....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old January 26th, 2013, 12:18 PM
couga861900's Avatar
couga861900
Status: Offline
Cougar, WM of Hiram 72
Land Rover Defender 90 2.5td
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: East
Posts: 856
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88 View Post
get some new glow plugs. or you can light a small fire under the sump and heat up the engine to turn it over. They used to do that in russia when it got real cold out.
I had new glow plugs installed last month. I will sort out the problem today. I don't think I would do the fire thing. I will need a boost because both new batteries wouldn't start the truck 2 days ago. If I can get the truck going, I will be in NJ tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old January 26th, 2013, 12:33 PM
leastonce's Avatar
leastonce
Status: Offline
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,078
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by couga861900 View Post

I had new glow plugs installed last month. I will sort out the problem today. I don't think I would do the fire thing. I will need a boost because both new batteries wouldn't start the truck 2 days ago. If I can get the truck going, I will be in NJ tomorrow.
Take your batteries into the house over night when you charge them. Cold batteries lose a serious amount of power.
__________________
Quote:
Soapy water / KY jelly, etc. is is basically a must. Yes, good idea to remove trim panels - only takes 5 more minutes to do so.
Car Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old January 26th, 2013, 03:13 PM
couga861900's Avatar
couga861900
Status: Offline
Cougar, WM of Hiram 72
Land Rover Defender 90 2.5td
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: East
Posts: 856
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post
Take your batteries into the house over night when you charge them. Cold batteries lose a serious amount of power.
Thanks but they are two heavy. My flat is a 3 story walk up and the batteries are to heavy. I'm getting them charges as I speak for $20. Thanks for your advise.



Travel safe. A GOOD MAN NEVER TRAVELS ALONE.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old January 26th, 2013, 03:34 PM
leastonce's Avatar
leastonce
Status: Offline
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,078
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by couga861900 View Post

Thanks but they are two heavy. My flat is a 3 story walk up and the batteries are to heavy. I'm getting them charges as I speak for $20. Thanks for your advise.

Travel safe. A GOOD MAN NEVER TRAVELS ALONE.
Eat more protein!
__________________
Quote:
Soapy water / KY jelly, etc. is is basically a must. Yes, good idea to remove trim panels - only takes 5 more minutes to do so.
Car Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old January 26th, 2013, 03:46 PM
couga861900's Avatar
couga861900
Status: Offline
Cougar, WM of Hiram 72
Land Rover Defender 90 2.5td
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: East
Posts: 856
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post
Take your batteries into the house over night when you charge them. Cold batteries lose a serious amount of power.
I've decided to take your advise. I'm going to bring the batteries in the house and try to start the truck tomorrow when it's warmer. Once started, I'll drive to NJ.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old January 27th, 2013, 02:08 AM
ini88's Avatar
ini88
Status: Offline
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,816
Jarek and I will come by. We are working on his OM617 engine this weekend. It's coming along nicely. I'll have the disco soooo white steel wheels all the way!!!



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-243091603.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	503.2 KB
ID:	65238
__________________
1955 Series I
1975 FC101 Vampire
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old January 27th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Shep29's Avatar
Shep29
Status: Offline
KS
'95 RRC LWB
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: On a Mountain
Posts: 815
Registry
More parts for the Jersey meet-up:


Grill $25 (Used)
Tire cover Cape Fear NC $25 (Used)
CB $75 (Used)
Extra Loud Horn $10 (New)
Rola Swing Away Adventure Cargo Carrier $350 (Like New)
Rear Zip-Out Window Horizontal Support bar for ST $25 (Used)

Still $450 for everything!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2669347599.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	435.2 KB
ID:	65241   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3728740613.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	512.5 KB
ID:	65242  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1886300072.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	566.5 KB
ID:	65243   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1942819520.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	410.2 KB
ID:	65244  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-587019416.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	419.8 KB
ID:	65247   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1919891013.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	452.5 KB
ID:	65248  

Attached Images
 
__________________
'95 RRC LWB Aspen Silver
'86 110 SW Conniston Green - SOLD
'95 D90 ST Beluga Black - SOLD
'96 D1 SE7 Willow Green - SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old January 27th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Shep29's Avatar
Shep29
Status: Offline
KS
'95 RRC LWB
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: On a Mountain
Posts: 815
Registry
Tire cover Sold!
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:06 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Good seeing everyone, and meeting some new people. That place was great. Thanks to Rolf for getting my nuts off!! Cool shop(s) and very well organized!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3735782259.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	65285   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-730119908.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	65286  

__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It's a New Jersey Thang! enjoi1968 Misc. Chit-Chat 8 October 15th, 2010 05:35 PM
British Racing Green D90 in Jersey City rover26c Misc. Chit-Chat 2 November 2nd, 2009 03:07 PM
New Jersey Mechanic mountaintek Defender Technical Discussions 6 November 11th, 2005 02:46 PM
Rover shop in New Jersey Britt Easterly Defender Technical Discussions 2 June 2nd, 2005 12:16 PM
Jersey Boys Toys loykd Trips, Trails and Events 9 July 14th, 2004 06:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 AM.


Copyright