Holy Cross, city - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 31st, 2004, 11:33 PM

Holy Cross, city

What the _ _ _ _? It seems every time I hit the trail, I witness some destruction . Taday I motor up to holy cross city .It is a great trip mixed with way to many off road clubs and bozos from hell. To start we spent over 1.5 hrs watching 8 trucks get through french creek. The first 7 were all diff model jeeps and they took there time but worked there way through. The 8th was a d11 built with all the useless atlantic brit stuff. They spun, thrashed , and destroyed their truck to glory. It was beautiful. Anyway after they moved their junk through , I headed down past them. when I came around a corner this is what I saw. Now for the folks in Colo this small feature is famous but not difficult. it is known as the "tree" and is just a little off camber sweeze. Anyway This full size UNI is over on his side. Its funny that in a 125 years no one has crushed the tree. But today ,the landmark is history. The sad part is that this idiot mowed every tree on the trails edge while coming up the lower entrance to the trail. I later met a few wheeler folk who said it looked like KING KONG coming through the jungle. If anyone knows this BOZO , Im sorry. The moral of the story is to report morons from hell or watch your trail get closed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of holyreedlili 037.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	1141  
Old August 3rd, 2004, 08:31 AM
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles
That's very unfortunate. Looks like a hiker witnessed this too. Never good.

Might do well to post up a flame on Pirate to out the punk who did this. We are having similar issues on some of our local trails here in the East. Biggest problem as of late has been people cutting up and around big obstacles that would otherwise prvent them from maiking it further up the trails.

Old August 4th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90
If people gonna keep doing this we will have no trails soon. Carnage and lefthand might get closed. Wheelerlake might get closed too. Every time I'm out wheelin I have to witness two or three people going off trial or trying something stupid. This is why I wheeled my 90 once this year and this one time I witnessed this guy's jeep loses it’s oil in the rock garden and he didn’t do anything about it, he was proud that his jeep broke and dumped the oil and just kept on going w/o trying to clean it or anything. I’m just tired of seeing people acting like that

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events