Heading to Austin Tx for Xmas - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old December 13th, 2004, 11:26 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Heading to Austin Tx for Xmas

Hey gang, who all is in the Austin area? I am coming down to spend the holiday with my brother and his fiancee and was wondering who all from the forum was in the area and to see if anyone was interested in getting together somewhere in town while I am down there.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 13th, 2004, 12:18 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
Hey gang, who all is in the Austin area? I am coming down to spend the holiday with my brother and his fiancee and was wondering who all from the forum was in the area and to see if anyone was interested in getting together somewhere in town while I am down there.
Chris,

What dates? I will be San Antonio for Christmass and want to visit Austin Regardless.

Leave the 21st returning the 26th.

EwS
Old December 13th, 2004, 12:57 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Hi Eric, I will be arriving Dec. 22nd and leaving late on Dec 28th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 13th, 2004, 07:55 PM
RoverChic
D-90 Source P.I.
02 D2, 13 E350 AMG, 11 Ford F350

Talking

Quote:
What time should I pick you up from the Airport?!?!
Old December 13th, 2004, 08:11 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Old December 13th, 2004, 08:12 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

haha.. well actually if anyone in Austin is not doing anything that day, I may need a ride. Turns out my brother now has to work the day I arrive but he is pretty sure he can run over after lunch to grab me.

No worries as long as the iPods batteries hold out and I have a full pack of smokes, everything else will work itself out.

Quote:
[/size]
Old December 15th, 2004, 02:22 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Ok.. my brother is definatly covering airport duty so anyone going to be in town during those dates want to try and get together for a small meet? Any recommendations of "should visit" pubs or places of interest?

Quote:
[/size]
Old December 15th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

I'm Up. I'll have to drive up from San Antonio so in the brother's HEEP, so maybe dinner only for me...

EwS
Old May 13th, 2005, 11:34 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I am in Austin right now for the weekend and spotted a nice yellow D90 on 2222 & 1 pulling in for gas this morning. Another luck person who scored "d90" on their plate. Anyone here? Was going to pull over and say hi but was in the wrong lane and didnt want to cut off all the fine people around me in the Sister-In-Laws VW.

Quote:
[/size]
Old May 15th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

Quote:
I am in Austin right now for the weekend and spotted a nice yellow D90 on 2222 & 1 pulling in for gas this morning. Another luck person who scored "d90" on their plate. Anyone here? Was going to pull over and say hi but was in the wrong lane and didnt want to cut off all the fine people around me in the Sister-In-Laws VW.
How long are you in town? I just got back from SCARR2 and had a blast. If you've got the time I'd like to take you out for some BBQ or something.
Old May 15th, 2005, 10:01 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Hey Tony, thanks for the awesome offer. We are heading home early tomorrow morning but lets catch up the next time I come down most likely within the next couple of months.

Quote:
[/size]
Old May 16th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

Quote:
Hey Tony, thanks for the awesome offer. We are heading home early tomorrow morning but lets catch up the next time I come down most likely within the next couple of months.
Let us know when you'll be down this way. Maybe we can get a few of the Texas Rovers to show up too.
Old May 16th, 2005, 06:17 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Sounds cool! Any good trails around Austin?

Quote:
[/size]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events