Green lane in buckinghamshire - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old November 10th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Clarky199
Louis
1989 defender 110 hard top

Green lane in buckinghamshire

Hi all, well I've finally bitten the bullet and sold my porsche, decided I'd try an old 1989 110 defender with a 200tdi engine!!!! WHY THE HELL DIDNT I DO IT SOONER!!!! I am totally in love with it, I love the simplicity and the rugged looks! Yeah it's cold and water gets in but it's hard to care when you are smiling so much!!!!
I'm dying to try it off road so can anyone recommend somewhere I can take it to have a go in buckinghamshire???
I'd really like to find a group of people I could make it a regular thing with ideally, but to start with preferably somewhere easy and quiet I can get some basic off road skills without having too many people laugh at me. Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 10th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
I would work out the wiring before going off road. That being said, you may find more info on a UK forum, 95% of the members here are from the US.
Old November 10th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Clarky199
Louis
1989 defender 110 hard top

I'm half way there with the wiring already. By tomorrow night it should be finished and I'm golden. Honestly I'm so surprised how helpful people at on here. It's pretty humbling really!!!!
My only regret is not joining earlier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2014, 04:50 AM
Gren_T
Gren Thomas
1985 90 300tdi auto

Hi clarky, as been said you could look for a local club to yourself, I'm a member of GLASS(green lane association) it's a uk wide club.
have a look on LR4x4.com they have a non affiliated section for getting out and about, if your in south wales give me a shout.

regards
Gren

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events