Gold Mountain Big Bear - 12/13/2014 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old December 8th, 2014, 12:42 PM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

Gold Mountain Big Bear - 12/13/2014

The plan is to run Gold Mountain up in Big Bear this coming Saturday. Might get lucky and actually have some snow on the trail as we are supposed to get some colder weather with precipitation coming in on Thurs/Friday of this week.

For more info, see the SCLR site - http://sclr.org/calendar/month-view/...tain-trail-run

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 11th, 2014, 12:36 PM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

Just a quick bump as the weekend is coming up and there will definitely be some snow on the trail, if the forecast holds true, which will make things quite interesting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 12th, 2014, 01:43 PM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

Last call all you Socal guys. We're meeting at the Big Bear Discovery Center at 10:30. Would be nice to see some the local Defendersource guys out on the trail other than Baldewin, Amarveer, Neill, and David.. (not that I dont like wheeling with you guys )

Just checked the weather forecast and there is supposed to be 8-15 inches of fresh powder to play in tomorrow Should be a blast..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 12th, 2014, 02:10 PM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
None of the other So-Cal guys wheel. Its just a 'lifestyle' vehicle for them; just ask Barry.

-Jeff
Yeah, I've seemed to notice that trend. Sad considering how many are out in this neck of the woods.

Old December 14th, 2014, 02:09 AM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

Good time on the trail today.. good mix of trucks.. Two D90's, two Disco 1's, three RRC's and two LR3's. Snow was wet and packed down slicker than snot.

Old December 14th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Beautiful stuff!
Old December 14th, 2014, 10:55 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
None of the other So-Cal guys wheel. Its just a 'lifestyle' vehicle for them; just ask Barry. -Jeff
Ah Jeff always good for the dig. I would have gone to this in one of your running trucks... Oh that's right.

Anyway I actually would have done this in the lr4 if I saw it before today. Perfect day trip. Looks fun.
Old December 14th, 2014, 02:18 PM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Ah Jeff always good for the dig. I would have gone to this in one of your running trucks... Oh that's right.

Anyway I actually would have done this in the lr4 if I saw it before today. Perfect day trip. Looks fun.
Yeah, would have been a good time. Most of the day was running snow covered fire roads until we got to the start of Gold Mtn. Half the group decided it was a little more technical than they wanted to deal with with the snow and they went down Jacoby Canyon to the 18 and out through the AV.

Of the 5 remaining trucks that were going to attempt it, the two LR3's (both with the HD package) kept getting hung up on some ice covered rocks and couldn't bump it up over the steep bit at the beginning. David in his D90 ST gave it hell, but even aired down to 20 psi the all season he had on his truck just didnt have enough grip. So that leaves the two D1's to make it up. Garrett made it up after he dropped his tire pressures.. I dropped mine from 20 to 15 while everyone was waiting as I was running at the tail of the group. Oh yeah, and my Hi-Lo Solenoid decided to fail closed and couldn't get the truck into low range.. Ended up just locking the CDL and rear diff and walked up the whole thing in high range, no problem.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
mount