Gilmer, Texas Feb 2005 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 19th, 2005, 07:56 AM
D-90 Source P.I.
02 D2, 13 E350 AMG, 11 Ford F350
Gilmer, Texas Feb 2005

Land Rover Frisco and Dallas together with the Texas Rovers would like to invite you to a Benefit Off-Road Rally for Ross Mabey. As many of you know, Ross our friend and ex-President of Texas Rovers was recently diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. Without chemo and radiation, he was given six months life expectancy. With encouragement of his friends and family, he will begin radiation next week. Doctors predict this will extend his life 12 - 18 months. As you can imagine, this has placed a financial burden on his family, and we would like do what we can to support them through this difficult time.

Ross has been an inspiration to many of us to "tread lightly" and get out there and share his enjoyment of going off-road. Countless of our members first went off road under his careful guidance and watchful eye, and many of the annual events we enjoy today were first started by Ross including SCARR and our yearly Post-Christmas trip.

The event will take place the weekend of February 19/20th at Barnwell. We will meet on Saturday the 19th at 7am as usual at McDonalds at Beltline & Interstate 80. CB channel 5 for any latecomers. Contributions will be collected at Barnwell to support Ross's family. If you cannot attend, but wish to help, please visit the Club Website,click "Events" and scroll down to "Ross".

If you have never attended a club event this would be a great time and great cause to start with!

I unfortunately will not be present at this event due to mitigating circumstances, nonetheless this would be great event for anyone to attend. Gilmer is also very close to LA and OK. I have run several of the trails @ Gilmer with other Rovers and am somewhat familiar with the area/terrain; please feel free to PM with any ?'s. Please keep Ross in your thoughts. Thank you in advance. All the best, Melissa

More info can be found @

The following link provides info about Mt. Gilmer:
I bought the diamonds myself so I would not have to say thank you to anyone.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events