Expo EAST - Page 34 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old October 11th, 2014, 08:57 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Well I'm going to do at least one East event in 2015...MAR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 11th, 2014, 08:59 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post
Well I'm going to do at least one East event in 2015...MAR.
For more than 10 hours this time?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old October 11th, 2014, 09:20 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
For more than 10 hours this time?
it was more like 18 thank you very much...hey I'm a busy guy with time constraints...

I really just came for the Surefire's and free batteries!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 11th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Quote:
it was more like 18 thank you very much...hey I'm a busy guy with time constraints...

I really just came for the Surefire's and free batteries!
and to pimp out your 2D whore to a bunch of drunkin roverphiles.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old October 11th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
and to pimp out your 2D whore to a bunch of drunkin roverphiles.
Well...and then there's that!
Old October 11th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
I resent the term whore. That implies I get paid.

-Jeff
I don't think that's right...its been my experience whores give it up for free...prostitutes get paid...
Old October 11th, 2014, 10:27 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

We shall take it from the voices of experience..
Old October 11th, 2014, 10:31 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Bill, if I may make a recommendation?

Old October 11th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

I would only amend my previous statement with...Sluts give it up for free, but you have to buy them dinner...

------ Follow up post added October 11th, 2014 10:22 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Bill, if I may make a recommendation?
I'm sorry I can't consider or condone violence without being in uniform...(Does a stall muckers uniform count?)
Old October 11th, 2014, 11:27 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
The bitch slap is the currency that whores are paid in, and it's payday for 2D Briggs

Old October 11th, 2014, 11:29 PM
Greenbull
Mark Miller
1994 Defender 90NAS #1258

Registry
I would also like to suggest the OE staff back the Gestapo attitude down a notch. I was at west in May and the staff seemed less edgy in Arizona. I paid for full experience at both venues one xtra for my son, who adopted one of the rescue puppies Sunday at East. When he went with his friend to his car, in the outside lot, to hand of the puppy , he came back in to walk back to camp to see Bill Larson, whom he had not seen since Expo West, an tell us goodbye, he w as denied entrance, because I never gave him his red wrist band. This was Sunday about 1-2pm, and he had been in since the day before. In fact one guy put his hands on him, as he tried to re-enter. In fact my wife met the staff at the front to get him back in, and was told she had to walk back to our camp site, for his wrist band. No exceptions. You guys recall how far that was front front gate to rover camp and back.

Needless to say, he said no worries and went home, but soured on ExPo East. He's 24, and I asked him if he's going next year, an guess his response?
Old October 11th, 2014, 11:41 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Yeah it's all kinda loose...I paid but never checked in/registered...was only challenged once and talked my way through it...I must have went through the entrance and "secured areas" in my D90 at least 4 times. M2 should be in charge of security...

I agree with M1, when you pay for the "Full Experience" oral is only a half measure...
Old October 12th, 2014, 12:04 AM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

It wasn't just Expo east that did that wrist band check. I didn't put mine on at Expo west and I was stopped by a security man driving a golf cart. He was nice and drove me back to my car to get my band.. which I couldn't find of course!!..and then he drove me back to the same spot where he picked me up..all the while making pleasant conversation and then bragging to his buddy on his two way about his 'capture of a woman' It was so funny! Glad he believed me. I'll just be sure and wear my band or at least keep it in my pocket next time.

Maybe next time have Bill bitch slap them or buy them dinner...or for the full experience both! lol
Old October 12th, 2014, 12:12 AM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

We were supposed to wear wrist bands?

Unknown Author

716-898-8153
Old October 12th, 2014, 07:27 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
I ripped that stupid thing off the moment I got it! Was never an issue.

I think once every other year is enough for me at Expo...while humorous (skittles, mud road and Fords etc) the lack of wheeling will kill it for me over MAR. I did kinda enjoy the "Pedro wheeling" aspect, as it was A LOT more relaxing for me...
Old October 12th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Greenbull
Mark Miller
1994 Defender 90NAS #1258

Registry
Well, it WAS Sunday at 2pm, expo vendors packed up an hour later. How many classes could my son poach in the fleeting minutes remaining. It was just BS...I had paid for the full boat for two, and added him for a third cost. No one was driving anyone for a wrist band!
Old October 12th, 2014, 09:05 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbull View Post
Well, it WAS Sunday at 2pm, expo vendors packed up an hour later. How many classes could my son poach in the fleeting minutes remaining. It was just BS...I had paid for the full boat for two, and added him for a third cost. No one was driving anyone for a wrist band!
I agree...and after a 9-hour drive on Friday to get there (with a 130 fully loaded with gear) I was told I would need to park off-site and have my gear shuttled in. I pointed to the truck packed with gear and said "no way". We all camp out of our rigs...and particularly isn't that the "overlanding" part of the descriptive title means? I told Pedro we were driving straight back to VA if that was the case. I circled out of the entrance and back around to the road to the camping...where I informed the 14-year-old guarding the entrance that we could do this the easy way or the hard way...but I was driving down. He chose the easy way. The road was - literally - hard packed dirt (though I understand it was a little looser from the rain earlier) and was no problem to drive (I mean, I was in a 4WD vehicle with KM2s...I don't think there's going to be an issue with me getting where I need to, contrary to what they were telling everyone).

So I'm with you on the Gestapo tactics at checkin as well...I mean this isn't Lollapalooza, it's a bunch of old rich guys driving decked out overland vehicles (excluding us Rover idiots of course that arrive with trash bags as luggage and duct tape holding our vehicles together).
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old October 12th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Nice...hey I resent that "rich-guy" thing when in front of a multi-million dollar contract...
Old October 12th, 2014, 09:53 AM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

I questioned someone in the know about that whole ridiculous not letting people in with their cars at a vehicle based event and was told the owners had a high priced wedding party the following weekend and didn't want the place trashed...and I'm with Jonesy on that.. Not sure I would go again...I enjoyed sitting around busting on everyone but was it worth 14 hours driving up and the same back and about $1000 .....hell yeah..lol.. Very disappointed about no campfires also..
Upside is I came back with soooo much food and alcohol because nobody ate anything on Saturday night..too bloody cold.. The only thing I didn't come back with was a box of cigars that went quickly.. I hope they were still good..)
Old October 12th, 2014, 09:54 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Nice...hey I resent that "rich-guy" thing when in front of a multi-million dollar contract...
Yeah, but you camp like a homeless person so it doesn't count .
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events