Dusy Ershim Trip - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old June 16th, 2005, 11:44 PM
kellymoe
kevin
defender 130

Registry
Dusy Ershim Trip

I am thinking of doing the Dusy later this summer. Any other folks from So Cal interested? I do not have lockers and my truck is a little big but from doing a bit of research it sounds like it is very doable if you dont mind a little body damage. I think 90's RR and Discos should be fine but 110's and my 130 will be a bit tight but not impossible. I have seen reports and pics of full size trucks running it and they report some close calls with trees and some tight turns but other than that it sounds like patience and time are the order of the day. If interested I may be planning on a Sept. trip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 22nd, 2005, 12:53 AM
Shane@EVS
Roverhybrids

you should post this to the mendo for some more feadback. It was a group of fairly built D90's and they had to turn back and limp out some broken rigs.

I've never run the dusy myself but have heard it is tougher than the Rubicon.

I'd say you'd have a pretty hard time on the Rubicon. You must have rock sliders.
Old June 22nd, 2005, 01:14 AM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Kevin,

I might be interested in joining you. Maybe Adam and Jason as well. Would you leave on a Thurs and try to be back by Sunday nite? Enough time?

DougW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 22nd, 2005, 01:44 AM
kellymoe
kevin
defender 130

Registry
Doug,

That would be great to get a local group and do it. Thursday-Sun sounds fine. I think it would give us enough time barring any major breakdowns. I will doing Miller JT this Sat. with the club, are you able to make it? Also before Dusy I need to fabricate some sliders and have at least a Truetrac in the front diff. Could be an interesting trip with a couple of long wheelbase trucks
Old June 26th, 2005, 03:50 PM
sheki
David Shechter
97' D90 SW 2.8L diesel

Hey Kevin, I'd be down to go in September. I won't be at the Miller trail as I'm having a few things done to the truck. Will you be at the National Rally? Let's keep in touch about Dusty, would also like to do Rubicon at some point too.
Old June 26th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Missed Miller -- how was it? At 27 trucks enrolled, I hope it wasn't a parking lot.

We are off to compete in the NVTR on the 7th. As always, I'll take this moment to extend a challenge to any others who are reading this to come compete in the original GeoCache off-road rally in North America. www.offroadexperience.com.

Kevin -- lets pin down a date for the Dusy!

Doug W.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
trip