Crossfitters in NOVA - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old April 17th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Shep29
KS
'95 RRC LWB

Registry
I just signed up for CrossFit NYC. Can't wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 17th, 2014, 03:25 PM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

I'm surprised at the low number of CrossFit Defender owners. There are so many commonalities between the groups:
-Both have lots of excess testosterone
-Both have more money than brains... and they don't have much money
-Both like to get dirty
-Both break shit when they don't know what they're doing

Personally, I've gotten a lot of satisfaction from both my D-90 and my CF workouts. And I've broken my truck more than I've hurt myself in the gym.
Old April 17th, 2014, 06:03 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_G View Post
Ken-
Do your peeps all workout like these badasses?

r-
Ray
What I find impressive is the fact they did this with a straight face.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 18th, 2014, 08:00 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
I think that the CF isn't itself unsafe, I tend to believe that the culture of pushing each other past the point of safety is more common in CF then other forms of exercise.

Not hating on it, I've seen people get incredible results with it when they, themselves, know their limits and keep themselves safe. I've also seen some horrific sidelining injuries caused by over zealous participants. It's not higher in frequency then similar impact exercise it's just that the impact of the workouts don't always correlate with physical ability; that's the delta.

Also I'd like to join myself, would be nice to lose this winter weight
Old April 18th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by loykd View Post
I'm surprised at the low number of CrossFit Defender owners. There are so many commonalities between the groups:
-Both have lots of excess testosterone
-Both have more money than brains... and they don't have much money
-Both like to get dirty
-Both break shit when they don't know what they're doing

Personally, I've gotten a lot of satisfaction from both my D-90 and my CF workouts. And I've broken my truck more than I've hurt myself in the gym.
You don't need cross fit here...there is enough guns and ammo and spares here to start a LR Nation...to mention money and military expertise...Most folks are razzel dazzled by our shear awesomeness!
Old April 18th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post

You don't need cross fit here...there is enough guns and ammo and spares here to start a LR Nation...to mention money and military expertise...Most folks are razzel dazzled by our shear awesomeness!
I would ask the question of how many of those toting the guns, ammo and the like are a long way from the relatively fit days of their military service...
Old April 18th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_G View Post
I would ask the question of how many of those toting the guns, ammo and the like are a long way from the relatively fit days of their military service...
True that! lol...fit in different ways...perhaps! At this point you know what/where you've been, what you have/can do...and how to take care of business...
Old April 18th, 2014, 08:18 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

A friend of mine has a cross fit gym and trains people in our local paddling community. He himself has gone from being overweight and in serious contemplation of back surgery to being the fittest I have ever known him to be. He has no health issues anymore. I work out with him when I have time and am feeling the need for some healthy 'make body happy time'. Without doubt CF is one of the most strenuous types of workout I have ever done. And unfortunately (fortunately) because he is my friend and knows my limits he is always pushing them!! No mercy for me lol If someone wants to get into shape I think CF should be tried at least once. In my experience the results are immediate.. within 2 weeks you will see and feel a difference in your body. My advice is to eat something light before hand, drink water and bring a healthy snack for after. You will be hungry lol Push yourself.. not to the point of hurting yourself, but pushing yourself is key. Who knew I could dead lift 185? The pullups, rings, inverted situps all great but the wall crawl ate my lunch!
Old April 18th, 2014, 09:07 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

/
/
/
/
Old April 19th, 2014, 02:57 AM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

I like this one.. watch it in full screen, it's better.
Old April 19th, 2014, 03:23 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

What's this doing in the hitting the trail or an event thread? With a subject line like that, should be in mud pit.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old April 30th, 2014, 01:01 PM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
What's this doing in the hitting the trail or an event thread? With a subject line like that, should be in mud pit.
Rocky, Some musclehead CF buddies wanted to do some trail riding and I was seeing if anyone else wanted to join. The unintended banter on workout programs has been fun to read, though.
Old April 30th, 2014, 01:40 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Ken, so where did you end up wheeling?
Old May 4th, 2014, 12:36 PM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Ken, so where did you end up wheeling?
Haven't gone yet. Maybe sometime in June. Calendars fill up quickly

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
nova