Conclave 9-20 – 9-23 - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old June 8th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Conclave
Conclave
2013 Prius Hybrid

UPDATE:
As mentioned, the Conclave team has been working hard to get the best value for attendees of this event. As a result, we've trimmed the fat while still keeping our original objective in mind - hosting a great event at a facility with an amazing trail system for all experience levels. We're now set to move forward with pre-registration and offer an early-bird special.

Here is what you can expect.
Conclave will cost $125 for the truck and driver for those who wish to register by Saturday, August 25, 2012. Late registrations are charged an additional $20.00 simply because we will incur additional costs with last minute additions with the various vendors we're utilizing. This fee includes registration, camping and use of all facilities including trail use startingFriday, September 21, 2012. Please note the date change!

Passengers are not charged aregistration fee, however, the Cove charges $15 per person, per day. Discountsare available for children under the age of 11 and will be noted on our registration page. This fee will be charged regardless of your overnight accommodations whether it be off-site lodging or camping on-site at the Cove.This $15 fee includes camping, and use of all facilities including trail use.

A detailed schedule of events will be posted on our website to outline what your registration fee includes.

Conclave welcomes two supporting Land Rover Clubs to the event.

The Rover Owners Association of Virginia (ROAV) has offered their full support. ROAV will offer such activities as:
-Beginner guided trail rides
-Advanced guided trail rides
-Pony Rides
-Moon Bounce
-Blindfolded obstacle course

The Northeast Land Rover Club (NELRC) has also offered theirfull support. NELRC will be winding down their Convoy for Hero’s charity driveat the Conclave and will be participating in activities such as:
‪Charitable 50/50
‪Charity Raffle
One and done competition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 10th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Tyler Wirken
Tyler Wirken
1997 Defender 90 LE

So is there a website for this yet?

Also just so I am clear the event is only two days now as opposed to 3?

Would love to come and make this the first outing for the 110 project but if it is only two days now that is harder to justify the 17 hour drive.

Hoping I misread things.

Thanks
Old June 10th, 2012, 10:38 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Wirken View Post
So is there a website for this yet?

Also just so I am clear the event is only two days now as opposed to 3?

Would love to come and make this the first outing for the 110 project but if it is only two days now that is harder to justify the 17 hour drive.

Hoping I misread things.

Thanks
Hmmm...that is a good question. Title says 9/20-9/23 (Thurs-Sun), but above it states that the fees allow us to access trails starting Friday.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 26th, 2012, 12:01 PM
MonLand
Loic Fabro
95 D90 - 96 Disco -06 LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conclave View Post
including trail use startingFriday, September 21, 2012. Please note the date change!
That comment makes me think that Thursday will not be a wheeling day, probably a camp setup day instead.

Not sure if that's planned, but if the Conclave team is reading this, it would be _great_ to enhance (i.e. re-dig and expand if possible) the small area when artificial obstacles have been built a few years ago. That area will/would be great for LR owners that are new to off-roading and want to learn about their truck's capabilities without risking any (body) damage. Not sure if that area has a name, but I have pictures/videos of it. It's always a big hit when you take new drivers there. They can safely play for a while (note that this is not huge so more than 20 trucks there at once is challenging! ).

I look forward in attending that event! And I hope you'all can make it. If Thursday is not open at the cove, maybe we can setup a ride on some of the "nearby" numerous forest roads. Nothing challenging, just a nice way to "get started" for a nice weekend (I never saw that yearly reunion as an extreme off-road event but more as a family/enthusiast-friendly event [maybe it's just me, and that's ok too! ] ).
it is not hoarding it is selective collecting
---
MonLand
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
2006 LR3 NAS (hers, but comfy! :) )
Old July 26th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Firemanshort
David Short
1980 Stage One 109

Registry
Check out the Conclave 2012 web site: www.conclave2012.com

The Conclave officially starts at The Cove on Friday, September 20th and ends Sunday, September 23rd. Extended stay will be offered for those who want to arrive on Thursday.

It sounds like they have a plan for the Thursday folks.

I would hit up the conclave2012@gmail.com for the best source for the most accurate answers.
Sterling, VA
Old July 29th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Conclave
Conclave
2013 Prius Hybrid

Sorry for the delay. The answer to the main question here is yes. The conclave will be open for people to use all of the coves facility including the trails on Thursday. We understand that most people will not be able to arrive until Friday, that is why we have set up the pricing structure the way you see it on the site

------ Follow up post added July 29th, 2012 04:52 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonLand View Post
That area will/would be great for LR owners that are new to off-roading and want to learn about their truck's capabilities without risking any (body) damage.
We are working with local dealers and some of the Camel trophy crew that does the training for Land Rover. If we can negotiate everything they will be on hand to mentor new members of our community

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events