Conclave 2014 - Page 5 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old September 16th, 2014, 09:04 AM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching View Post
This is the only rover event I am aware of with no on site registration. Thanks for helping me make my decision.
Sounds like someone just volunteered to work the on-site registration!!! Oh wait, you didn't? Ohhhhhh right, that's a job someone else should do while YOU wheel and have fun.

I love the armchair quarterbacks. They always have the best ideas with no intentions of helping implement them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 16th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
It seems that most events I attend the registration is usually pretty informal and the owners will eventually find you if they are not working the desk. In any case would love to help out for a few hours if I could attend.

Brett, you don't know me at all, and I don't know you. But, I like your idea and I'll be happy to get to know you over beers while we work registrations together someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishEH View Post
Sounds like someone just volunteered to work the on-site registration!!! Oh wait, you didn't? Ohhhhhh right, that's a job someone else should do while YOU wheel and have fun.

I love the armchair quarterbacks. They always have the best ideas with no intentions of helping implement them.
Old September 16th, 2014, 11:14 AM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
It seems that most events I attend the registration is usually pretty informal and the owners will eventually find you if they are not working the desk. In any case would love to help out for a few hours if I could attend.

Brett, you don't know me at all, and I don't know you. But, I like your idea and I'll be happy to get to know you over beers while we work registrations together someday.
Sometimes it can be informal, other times not. A lot depends on what the venue requires. Either way, someone has to spending time at a table, or running around taking money, handing stuff out, etc and its a royal pain. Every event is different as well. Some are all inclusive, other not. I organize the Midwest Land Rover Rally so I'm intimately acquainted with the struggles associated with organizing an event. The MWRR doesn't have a registration by design. This has pros and cons. Pro is that somebody isn't stuck working a table all day and that people can come/go anytime they feel. Con is that people don't commit and getting hard numbers for things like Tshirts, an organized meal, etc is nearly impossible.

I think its great that you're willing to help, but telling me that accomplishes nothing. Goose or Justin would be the ones to talk to.
Mr. Yoda, if you're ever in Chicago or the Midwest I'd be happy to meet for some beers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 16th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete

Registry
Quote:
I think its great that you're willing to help, but telling me that accomplishes nothing. Goose or Justin would be the ones to talk to.
In case you didn't notice, I didn't tell you. I told the forum. And since I most likely can't make it, really doesn't matter anyway.

In any event, as I have said in actual private conversation with the organizers, I see the point you and they are trying to make and I appreciate that.

Can I go back to my fucking armchair now?

allow me to edit this...

Quote:
Goose or Justin would be the ones to talk to.
Brett, I see the point you and others are trying to make and I appreciate that. I've been to a zillion rover and other type of events over the years and I get that there are differences. From my observation most people enjoy more (and complain less about afterwards) the less rigorously organized ones. But, it takes a special kind of person to run such a thing and deal with the aggravation that can cause.

Sadly for me, Conclave 2014 isn't really in the cards this year, was hoping to maybe shoot down for a day but that most likely wont happen. I'm sure I will be greatly missed, lol...

One of these days I hope to hit one of the events in "fly-over land." I seem to gravitate towards the ones in the northern salt belt. Don't ask me why.

Now, where's that armchair...
Old September 16th, 2014, 11:32 AM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Quote:
This is the only rover event I am aware of with no on site registration. Thanks for helping me make my decision.
We'll miss you Dave...
I'll give out a few free beers to people I am on the trails with to fill in the gap for you since you won't be there to share the generosity.

Quote:
Sounds like someone just volunteered to work the on-site registration!!! Oh wait, you didn't? Ohhhhhh right, that's a job someone else should do while YOU wheel and have fun. I love the armchair quarterbacks. They always have the best ideas with no intentions of helping implement them.
Brett:
Are you attending?

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Old September 16th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavisinva View Post
We'll miss you Dave...
I'll give out a few free beers to people I am on the trails with to fill in the gap for you since you won't be there to share the generosity.
lol...just make sure you bring enough for yourself so you don't give away your last one! Or end up like I did on the night run @ Nuts & Bolts where my buddy drank his half of the beer and then traded the rest for cigarettes. Boy doesn't it suck having to be empathetic?
Old September 16th, 2014, 12:02 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
If he's handing out that Bud Lite swill....

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old September 16th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
If he's handing out that Bud Lite swill....
No BL drinkers in our group that I know of. Maybe a Coors fan or two. I heard through the grapevine that there is a new sponsor though that will be giving out free samples:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1425515_237037596462030_2020528152_n.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	103059  
Old September 16th, 2014, 09:46 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavisinva View Post

Brett:
Are you attending?
I am not. My truck is undergoing a rebuild. Also it's a 12 hour drive for me. If I'm going that far I'll go another four to Colorado. Nothing against the East coast that's just where my heart is.
Old September 16th, 2014, 11:19 PM
KKilo23
Kenny
NAS SW l NAS ST l 110 SW | 110 Crew

Registry
Anyone heading down from the NY/NE areas?
Old September 17th, 2014, 07:03 AM
staufferdave6
dave stauffer
1986 110

Registry
conclave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKilo23 View Post
Anyone heading down from the NY/NE areas?
heading down from providence today
Old September 18th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Rollin' from Quantico now...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old September 18th, 2014, 02:57 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
Rollin' from Quantico now...
I hope in something cool. You know, like a MARP or MATV. Even a MTVR would be nice. Could haul up a few tons of beer, ice, and firewood while keeping the zombies at bay.
Old September 18th, 2014, 03:31 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Rolling!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1096005321.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	600.3 KB
ID:	103171  
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old September 18th, 2014, 03:33 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
More
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2084644160.jpg
Views:	838
Size:	627.0 KB
ID:	103172  
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old September 18th, 2014, 03:58 PM
KKilo23
Kenny
NAS SW l NAS ST l 110 SW | 110 Crew

Registry
So sadly I am out. Otw down and the truck got a little too hot for my liking...not going to risk another 5 hours and push it on the trails.

If anyone last minute is looking for a ticket....your in luck...I have one to offer up.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1901807410.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	480.3 KB
ID:	103173  
Old September 18th, 2014, 04:06 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKilo23 View Post
So sadly I am out. Otw down and the truck got a little too hot for my liking...not going to risk another 5 hours and push it on the trails.

If anyone last minute is looking for a ticket....your in luck...I have one to offer up.
That blows (literally and figuratively). Kenny, you've got a refund coming your way.
If anyone needs a last minute ticket into Conclave (Bobeck?), I'm holding #28 because my plans got crapped on as well. If passing through near Leesburg or IAD, this evening or tomorrow, I can meet up with you to deliver. PM if this works.
Old September 18th, 2014, 04:07 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
I'm holding #28 because my plans got craped on as well.
That's just wrong!!
Old September 18th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Old September 18th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
One happy dude!!! Kent and his truck rolling in.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1747137899.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	396.7 KB
ID:	103177  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events