Colorado Happy hour 2.0 - Page 8 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #141  
Old June 27th, 2013, 12:25 PM
]-[ @ n $'s Avatar
]-[ @ n $
Status: Offline
Hans
Hunting
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 349
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatblanket View Post
Red Cone is scheduled to open July 1. Just sayin'.
The Colorado Springs LR dealership is planning a group run to Red Cone in the 21st if anyone else would like to join.

------ Follow up post added June 27th, 2013 10:30 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb View Post
Is anybody up for this trail ride this Saturday? It looks like it is going to be left hand canyon. I am planning on going:

http://forum.solihullsociety.org/vie...hp?f=17&t=6384
Sounds fun. I'll check with my wife. Should be good to go.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #142  
Old June 27th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Birdman's Avatar
Birdman
Status: Offline
Chris Bird
1995 D90 ST #2046
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 185
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb View Post
Is anybody up for this trail ride this Saturday? It looks like it is going to be left hand canyon. I am planning on going:

http://forum.solihullsociety.org/vie...hp?f=17&t=6384
I'd love to but will be at the beach on vacation. No games on Saturdays until August so I'm in for the 2nd part of July to go anywhere on Sat or Sun
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old July 7th, 2013, 04:14 PM
mattb's Avatar
mattb
Status: Offline
Matt
94 D-90 No. 44
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Parker, CO USA
Posts: 84
I am trying again. Anybody interested? Ride date is next Saturday:

http://forum.solihullsociety.org/vie...hp?f=17&t=6388
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #144  
Old July 7th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Birdman's Avatar
Birdman
Status: Offline
Chris Bird
1995 D90 ST #2046
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 185
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb View Post
I am trying again. Anybody interested? Ride date is next Saturday:

http://forum.solihullsociety.org/vie...hp?f=17&t=6388
I'm in. I'd like to do some tougher trails too this month if anyone is up for it?
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old July 9th, 2013, 06:18 PM
meatblanket's Avatar
meatblanket
Status: Offline
Mike Simpson
1955 86 1986 ExMOD 110
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Golden CO USA
Posts: 582
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
I'm in. I'd like to do some tougher trails too this month if anyone is up for it?
Define "tougher" please. I'd be game for Red Cone, Radical Hill, etc. but I wouldn't want to take my 110 on Spring Creek, Holy Cross, Blanca, etc.

I've been on the Democrat Mtn. trail, it's ok but not as pretty as Red Cone. Sorta sitting on the fence here.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old July 9th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Birdman's Avatar
Birdman
Status: Offline
Chris Bird
1995 D90 ST #2046
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 185
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatblanket View Post
Define "tougher" please. I'd be game for Red Cone, Radical Hill, etc. but I wouldn't want to take my 110 on Spring Creek, Holy Cross, Blanca, etc.

I've been on the Democrat Mtn. trail, it's ok but not as pretty as Red Cone. Sorta sitting on the fence here.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to tear up my rig or scratch it all to hell, but I did Jenny Creek last year and I don't think I even needed 4 wheel drive, other than towing a stock Dicso up the creek for a while. My Defender is not a trail rig that I like to smash up, but it certainly isn't stock either. I'm also not into having 12-20 vehicles running the trail making what should be a nice half day ride into a 12 hour, boring ordeal. July is the only month that I can go on saturdays which seems to be when everyone wants to go. I'd love to go with 3-4 other Defenders vs a huge group so we don't have to constantly wait on the stock Discos that have to be spotted, waited on and towed all the time.

I haven't done that many trails and can't remember most of the names I've done. Pretty sure I've done Red Cone, China Wall, Jenny Creek and several other low end ones. I have not done Holy Cross as I've heard conflicting opinions on damaging my truck.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old July 9th, 2013, 07:16 PM
meatblanket's Avatar
meatblanket
Status: Offline
Mike Simpson
1955 86 1986 ExMOD 110
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Golden CO USA
Posts: 582
Registry
Ok I checked out your D90 in the registry, and if you want to tackle Holy Cross I'm game but in my Jeep. I think your chances of making it unscathed are about 50-50. I'd probably face similar odds in my Jeep. Last time up there I winched the French Creek crossing. My Jeep has improved since then, but I have also heard the trail has deteriorated.

Spring Creek is easier than Holy Cross but would still give your 90 a challenge and it is much closer to town. I try to get up there every year. Haven't been there this year. I'm happy to take the Jeep and meet you there.

Problem is my S1 doesn't have a roll bar, and the 110 is stock except for some larger tires. And I haven't had the 110 long enough that I'm willing to beat the snot out of it.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old July 9th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Birdman's Avatar
Birdman
Status: Offline
Chris Bird
1995 D90 ST #2046
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 185
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatblanket View Post
Ok I checked out your D90 in the registry, and if you want to tackle Holy Cross I'm game but in my Jeep. I think your chances of making it unscathed are about 50-50. I'd probably face similar odds in my Jeep. Last time up there I winched the French Creek crossing. My Jeep has improved since then, but I have also heard the trail has deteriorated.

Spring Creek is easier than Holy Cross but would still give your 90 a challenge and it is much closer to town. I try to get up there every year. Haven't been there this year. I'm happy to take the Jeep and meet you there.

Problem is my S1 doesn't have a roll bar, and the 110 is stock except for some larger tires. And I haven't had the 110 long enough that I'm willing to beat the snot out of it.
Spring Creek sounds good. Sounds like it's the same exit as Democrat. Want to do it this Saturday?
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old July 9th, 2013, 08:46 PM
meatblanket's Avatar
meatblanket
Status: Offline
Mike Simpson
1955 86 1986 ExMOD 110
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Golden CO USA
Posts: 582
Registry
Sure. Let me confirm with the wife, she'll probably want to go. I'll come up with a meeting place and time and send you a pm.

They aren't the same exit though. Democrat Mtn. is north of I-70. Spring Creek is south of I-70. Democrat Mtn. goes in and out through Empire. Spring Creek you go in at Downieville/Dumont and come out either at Georgetown or Idaho Springs.

That said, we could try to arrange for a brew in one of those two towns, and meet the other group. Only downside is I'll have to keep my rig out of any photos.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old July 9th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Birdman's Avatar
Birdman
Status: Offline
Chris Bird
1995 D90 ST #2046
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 185
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatblanket View Post
Sure. Let me confirm with the wife, she'll probably want to go. I'll come up with a meeting place and time and send you a pm.

They aren't the same exit though. Democrat Mtn. is north of I-70. Spring Creek is south of I-70. Democrat Mtn. goes in and out through Empire. Spring Creek you go in at Downieville/Dumont and come out either at Georgetown or Idaho Springs.

That said, we could try to arrange for a brew in one of those two towns, and meet the other group. Only downside is I'll have to keep my rig out of any photos.
Sounds great!
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old July 10th, 2013, 04:02 PM
meatblanket's Avatar
meatblanket
Status: Offline
Mike Simpson
1955 86 1986 ExMOD 110
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Golden CO USA
Posts: 582
Registry
So for the folks going to Democrat Mtn, any interest in meeting up at Tommyknocker at Idaho Springs for a beer after the trail?
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old July 12th, 2013, 02:29 PM
mattb's Avatar
mattb
Status: Offline
Matt
94 D-90 No. 44
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Parker, CO USA
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatblanket View Post
So for the folks going to Democrat Mtn, any interest in meeting up at Tommyknocker at Idaho Springs for a beer after the trail?
it looks like am out for either trip due to work. I did post this on the solihull forum so you might get some takers
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old July 14th, 2013, 12:08 AM
Birdman's Avatar
Birdman
Status: Offline
Chris Bird
1995 D90 ST #2046
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 185
Registry
So Mike didn't let me down. We did Spring Creek today and I got my Defender stuck for the first time. The slickness from the rain didn't help but I still needed a tug to get out. Luckily neither of us flipped over like the guy in his built up Grand Cherokee in front of us. Even with his external cage he blew out his passenger windows. But the good news is no body damage to my baby. Plenty of scars to my under amor but that's what it's for, right?
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old July 14th, 2013, 12:11 AM
Birdman's Avatar
Birdman
Status: Offline
Chris Bird
1995 D90 ST #2046
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 185
Registry
pics didn't attach to my previous post re: Spring Hill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3950.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	75905   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3951.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	75906  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3957.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	75907  
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old July 15th, 2013, 09:01 AM
meatblanket's Avatar
meatblanket
Status: Offline
Mike Simpson
1955 86 1986 ExMOD 110
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Golden CO USA
Posts: 582
Registry
Chris we need to run that one again when it's dry.

Your Defender looks great and performed very well, I'm sure glad we didn't beat it up!!
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old July 27th, 2013, 12:56 AM
Birdman's Avatar
Birdman
Status: Offline
Chris Bird
1995 D90 ST #2046
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 185
Registry
Sounds good,to me!
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old January 1st, 2014, 05:50 PM
chris snell's Avatar
chris snell
Status: Offline
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,439
So, who bought their weed today?

__________________
1987 Ex-MOD 110 Tithonus LHD
2013 LR4


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old January 1st, 2014, 06:42 PM
Art Vigil's Avatar
Art Vigil
Status: Offline
Arthur Vigil
None
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: London, UK
Posts: 731
Weed

Haha, so you guys are making international news today!


Regards,
Art Vigil
Colorado resident 1970-2013
__________________
Arthur M Vigil
Colorado Native
Former owner of:
'95 RRC - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'72 Series III 88" NADA Turner 2.25 petrol (Lovely Rita)
'95 RRC Brooklands/TWR Edition 3.9V8
'97 D90SW NAS #2426 - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'95 D90ST NAS#2620 - Original owner
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old January 1st, 2014, 07:13 PM
61rover's Avatar
61rover
Status: Offline
John Crouse
'93 NAS D110 (#8) / '61 Series II
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,116
Registry
Was just downtown and saw a line around the block at a Dispensary. This is going to get out of hand quickly.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old January 19th, 2014, 01:20 PM
61rover's Avatar
61rover
Status: Offline
John Crouse
'93 NAS D110 (#8) / '61 Series II
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,116
Registry
Russ Wilson (gambrinus on here) is organizing another get together. Watch here for details once it's finalized.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
colorado, happy hour

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Colorado Happy Hour newfD90 Trips, Trails and Events 790 January 6th, 2013 05:32 PM
Charlottesville Rover Happy Hour @ Beer Run July 8th galen216 Trips, Trails and Events 0 June 27th, 2011 03:27 PM
New & Improved NOVA Happy Hour Thread Wolf Fabrication Trips, Trails and Events 103 May 1st, 2008 08:41 AM
Northern Virginia Happy Hour Abrooks Trips, Trails and Events 124 February 16th, 2008 08:03 AM
Happy Hour in NoVA loykd Trips, Trails and Events 6 August 12th, 2004 04:09 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 PM.


Copyright