Colorado Happy Hour - Page 5 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old March 9th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

I'm heading south to feed cows tonight, so I can't stay long....... but I'm going to try to stop in for one or two for the road since its on the way!

Is it the same crowd or is anyone new showing up?
Advertisement

Old March 9th, 2007, 11:58 AM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Can you guys post the address?

I also can't stay long, gotta head home before dark. Plus I have other plans

Follow-up Post:

Sorry guys won't be able to make it tonight.
Old March 9th, 2007, 12:14 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Looks like it's you and me Rod! Since nobody else is showing up, the beer is on me!

What time you gettin' there and when do you need to leave?

"Fossil Fuel Rapid Disposal Unit"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 9th, 2007, 01:45 PM
ScottYates
Scott Yates
94 D90 #639, Yellow

Is it really just the two of you. I would like to get to know the group but it is a hell of a drive from Laramie. I finally have mine running right so I can start saying hi now.
Old March 9th, 2007, 03:00 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Yup, it's looking like just Rod & I for now. C'mon down, you're always welcome! But yah, that's a hell of a drive.

Old March 9th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Darn it! I thought Yousef was going to show up and buy all night. Now I'm going to have to break open my piggy bank!

I'd love to meet you, and drink a few with you, Scott. Laramie is a hell of a commute after the bar, though. Its kinda hard to arrange schedules so you and we can meet for a couple beers on a friday afternoon. Having said that, I am open to suggestions! Best of luck finding some wheelin' this weekend.

Chance, there's nothin' I'd rather do this p.m. than share a couple beers with you. I think I can be down there by 5:00 or a little after. How's that work for you? I'd offer to meet you at the place in Monument that is a little less out of your way but we haven't heard from Matt and I don't know if he's planning to be there or not. Imagine the trouble he could get in at a place like that without having his "crew" with him!!
Old March 9th, 2007, 03:46 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Hayward
Chance, there's nothin' I'd rather do this p.m. than share a couple beers with you. I think I can be down there by 5:00 or a little after. How's that work for you? I'd offer to meet you at the place in Monument that is a little less out of your way but we haven't heard from Matt and I don't know if he's planning to be there or not. Imagine the trouble he could get in at a place like that without having his "crew" with him!!
5 is fine. Let's just keep it at O'Malleys. When ya got to leave?

Old March 9th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

I suppose I could close the place up with ya, but earlier would be better. I don't have to be there at a certain time, and I can bring some Rockstars and Cope for the road.

So the short answer is "whenever".

However, if you have a better offer that would make better use of your friday afternoon and evening, you won't hurt my feelings if you want to call it off til another time. I'm easy.
Old March 9th, 2007, 04:14 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Gotcha. I gotta date with the Wife that I'll have to bail at around 6:30 for.

Well sheeeit, since it's just you and me, how about we meet at the Broiler Room right off the freeway there in Monument at 5pm for a brew or two. Then you can head on down South from there. Happy hour is over at 6pm there anyway.

Old March 9th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Sounds good, Chance.

See you there!
Old March 9th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Today isn't really good for me, but I'd love to meet up with a bunch of the CO guys sometime for a drink, or a trail run if anyone's got room for me to hop in! (my 110 is in Chicago and undergoing a restoration right now so I can't hit the trails in mine.)
Old March 9th, 2007, 05:15 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

You're always welcome. Catch 'ya next time around!

What are you doing to your 110?

Old March 9th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Well, it had quite a bit of rust on the body when I bought it and I'm kind of OCD about my vehicles. Since I work for a dealer and get employee price on new parts, I bought a new firewall, all 5 doors, seat box, bc pillars, rear crossmember, hinges and a lot of extra little things I needed. It is at a body shop getting painted right now and having all those things installed, then I have to reinstall the interior. I have already cleaned and painted the frame, done the clutch, installed OME springs and shocks, shock mounts & urethane bushings. I've also got a bunch of new stuff for it like tornado wheels, X9 winch (the M8000 was toast), rock sliders, lamp guards, tuffy center console, carpet, new stereo and speakers. I still have to source a good front bumper and some hellas plus some other odds and ends. I've still got to get the roll cage powder coated too.
Old March 9th, 2007, 05:56 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede
Well, it had quite a bit of rust on the body when I bought it and I'm kind of OCD
Holy crap! She's gonna look sweet. I'm lucky, the only rust I've got on mine is the welds on the external cage (at the bottom body mount points). I'm thinking I'll pull the cage someday and have it powder coated. Mine had been an LA mall cruiser all it's life (never saw dirt before me), so it's got a fair amount of door dings. Not too worried about them though as I throw 500lbs of dog in there take her off road anyway.

I've got the XS leather covers (drool proof), new foam and seat heaters coming from Exmoor soon. I need to do the headliner. What'd you do for yours? Recover or new?

What dealership do you work at?

Old March 9th, 2007, 09:44 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

I wish I checked the forum before I left, I ended picking my friend up and we rode down to Palmer Lake, she was cold and then sad when we couldn't find you guys. She always wanted to see a 110 (African Jeeps as she calls them) up close. Maybe next time.
Old March 9th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Oxcart13
Mark M
D110

Beth and I drove down too. Stayed till 6:15, not another Rover in sight, and left. Catch you guys next time. Yousef, what were you driving? I was in the 90. Mark
Old March 9th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

I didn't do anything with the seats as the PO had covers on the front ones and had the jump seats in his garage (he owned it since '94) IIRC. According to carfax it looked like he bought it about a year old and had it all this time. The jump seats look like new, and the fronts and centers look very very good. Its got 122k on it, but he put a new R380 in at 88k and a 4.5L Dakar Engine (also brand new) at 55k. I can't wait to get it back and put it together, but I am planning to sell it (I really bought it as a project/investment). Then I'll just have to find someone to part with an AA Yellow 90 at the right price and I'll be all set!

I work at Land Rover Winnetka (just north of Chicago).
Old March 9th, 2007, 11:50 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxcart13
Beth and I drove down too. Stayed till 6:15, not another Rover in sight, and left. Catch you guys next time. Yousef, what were you driving? I was in the 90. Mark
We were on my Triumph, you didn't hear anthing loud buzz through
We looked around but couldn't find any Defender in sight.
Old March 10th, 2007, 10:26 AM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Well shoot, I'm sorry we missed you guys! We ASSumed that it was just the two of us, so we met down in Monument at a convenient place for Rod since he was heading down South. I didn't have a real Rover anyway. Had a LR3 loaner as the RR service was supposed to be finished but they ended up keeping it.

Andrew, sounds like a great truck with a similar history to mine except I have no jump seats (bench seats) and a crappy 3.9 (closing in on 130k). Seats don't matter as I have them out anyway, but that 4.6 sure sounds nice.

Next time we'll meet in the Park Meadows area for all you Denverites. Anybody got any suggestions?

Old March 10th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Oxcart13
Mark M
D110

Sorry we missed you guys too. Last get together my flight was 2 hours late getting into DIA, so was looking forward to this one.

How does this sound?

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps2.py?Pyt=Typ&name=Earls+Restaurant+The+Meadows &desc=(303)+792-3275&addr=8335+S+Park+Meadows+Center+Dr&csz=Lone+T ree+CO

It's right off I-25 so it has easy access for those coming from North and South. I haven't been there, but work related events there have received very good reviews - food, drink, and waitresses.

The 30th is the earliest date I can make another one.

Scott- if you make it down, we will have to exchange cell numbers with the group. Want to make sure there are no coordination hickups, if you are going to make the drive.

Hope everyone is doing well. Mark

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
colorado, happy hour