British Car Day Tomorrow: Who's Actually Going? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old June 6th, 2009, 09:27 AM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
British Car Day Tomorrow: Who's Actually Going?

Ren Ching pointed out the British Car Show in Maryland tomorrow in another thread, but I thought I'd ask who was actually going? Are tehre going to be any Rovers there?

http://www.chesapeakechaptermgtclub...BCD_Winners.htm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 6th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
I am bringing my 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRNAD90
Ren Ching pointed out the British Car Show in Maryland tomorrow in another thread, but I thought I'd ask who was actually going? Are tehre going to be any Rovers there?

Old June 6th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I am planning on being there from around noon on. Dave if you are coming bring that stuff and I'll put your brown bag in the 110. As wet as it has been for the past few weeks should be funny watching low slung Lotus,Jags, and Healys trying to get in and out of that field. Might/ could turn into a winch fest.

Dave thought you were making a roll cage on Sunday ?

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 6th, 2009, 12:40 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Not I. http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...&postcount=282

Enjoy it and please take pictures!
Old June 6th, 2009, 04:56 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:

Should be there, if my 5-yr old doesn't melt down beforehand.
Old June 6th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Seriously considering it....

Semper Fi!
Old June 7th, 2009, 11:23 PM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Well,

Ren and Doug made it out, and were the lone pair of Land Rover's in the show. They would have been assured first in class trophies, but neither one arrived before the judging concluded. It was nice to meet you Ren, and good to see you again Doug. Hopefully I will get my clutch master replaced sometime soon, and actually show up to some event in the Defender before the summer is over!

Here is a photo of the pair from the show..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ren&Doug.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	298.1 KB
ID:	19925  

Old June 8th, 2009, 05:20 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I tried real hard to convince the family to head up, but a 60 mile drive and sitting in the sun for hours didn't help. Plus I had a 10 page paper due for school Monday. I know, waaaaahhhhhhh.

Semper Fi!
Old June 8th, 2009, 07:14 AM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Well,

Ren and Doug made it out, and were the lone pair of Land Rover's in the show. They would have been assured first in class trophies, but neither one arrived before the judging concluded. It was nice to meet you Ren, and good to see you again Doug. Hopefully I will get my clutch master replaced sometime soon, and actually show up to some event in the Defender before the summer is over!

Here is a photo of the pair from the show..
I made it out at 11:30. Then, around 1:30, it got too hot for the 5-yr old and we had to leave. Ren, I saw you take the long way around from the parking lot, up to the vendor area. Drove down to say hi on the way out, but you were probably checking out cars already. Next time.
Old June 8th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
Hey Steve

Thanks for coming by to visit even if we weren't there. Someone said there was a blue SW with a roofrack and VA tags in the spectator lot but I assumed it was JeepRescue. More than likely when you came by we were in line for food. It was pretty hot, have to remember that for next year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOB
I made it out at 11:30. Then, around 1:30, it got too hot for the 5-yr old and we had to leave. Ren, I saw you take the long way around from the parking lot, up to the vendor area. Drove down to say hi on the way out, but you were probably checking out cars already. Next time.
Old June 8th, 2009, 08:27 AM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching
Hey Steve

Thanks for coming by to visit even if we weren't there. Someone said there was a blue SW with a roofrack and VA tags in the spectator lot but I assumed it was JeepRescue. More than likely when you came by we were in line for food. It was pretty hot, have to remember that for next year...
Yeah, that was my truck. My son loved all the vehicles, but his expiration date is usually about 90-120 min after arrival at stuff like this.

Note for the British Car team: please have more than 2 food vendors next year.
Old June 8th, 2009, 10:51 AM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Huh, we got there at 1:30 too, surprised we didn't see your truck (we were in the wife's BMW)...

Quote:
Note for the British Car team: please have more than 2 food vendors next year.
Yeah, the food vendors were poor at best (though the ice Cream was top notch if you tried that). Though I don't usually expect much at these type of events, and we usually pack a cooler with our own stuff. This year we made such a last minute call on even heading out there though, that we were at the 'roach coach' mercy for food...

Old June 8th, 2009, 12:30 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Huh, we got there at 1:30 too, surprised we didn't see your truck (we were in the wife's BMW)...

Yeah, the food vendors were poor at best (though the ice Cream was top notch if you tried that). Though I don't usually expect much at these type of events, and we usually pack a cooler with our own stuff. This year we made such a last minute call on even heading out there though, that we were at the 'roach coach' mercy for food...
Naw, we didn't make it back to the ice cream, which was a bummer. The previous weekend, the whole family went to the Luckettsville Antiques and that had a pretty good array of vendors - guess I figured there would be something kinda similar. If the wife had come along, she also would have had the sense to pack a cooler of food.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
ac