2008 National Rally Questions? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old September 25th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Flagg
Flagg
1995 Defender 90 NAS

2008 National Rally Questions?

Hi,

I made my own tread because the ongoing thread looks like it is focused for people that have done it!

I live in Maryland. My sister moved to Los Angeles a few years ago. We have never done one of these BIG events - but have always talked about it. We have coming close to trying a National Rally, or MAR a couple times, but it never worked out. We have been Land Rover Fans Forever............

Now if we planned for this National Rally a year in advance, we probably could do it. It is tough because we both just had a fisrt child, and we don't know if this would become a family thing, or a brother/sister thing. My sister always said she could get her Disco to a west event, and we could use my Defender for East Coast Events.

I have started seaching the National Ralley Web Page. I have read some. Here are some questions:

1) How much is the registration?

2) Do you have to attend all 4 days, or can you register for just a couple days?

3) If she has a 1998 Bone Stock Disco - could we still do the #3, and maybe #4 trails?

4) Are there easy trail groups that go out each day?

5) Is it still worth doing for the easy trails???

6) Are people willing to give us rides on the harder trails - are their always people with seats open that are willing to do this?

7) It looks like there are a lot of other fun events planned. Would first time people at a National Rally have a fun time even with a stock truck???

Thanks! Flagg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 25th, 2007, 02:09 PM
aloharover
Peter
1970 Series IIa 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg

1) How much is the registration? Dont know yet

2) Do you have to attend all 4 days, or can you register for just a couple days?No you don't have to attend the entire event, but it is a single fee.

3) If she has a 1998 Bone Stock Disco - could we still do the #3, and maybe #4 trails? I don't know

4) Are there easy trail groups that go out each day?Yes

5) Is it still worth doing for the easy trails???YesYesYes

6) Are people willing to give us rides on the harder trails - are their always people with seats open that are willing to do this?Yes

7) It looks like there are a lot of other fun events planned. Would first time people at a National Rally have a fun time even with a stock truck???YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes

Thanks! Flagg
inline answers
Old September 26th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Oxcart13
Mark M
D110

Flagg - Over 200 trucks and 400+ Rover enthusiast/zealots are expected for the rally next year – the 60th Anniversary. You would not be the only one with a stock vehicle and will be surrounded by people who go out of their way to help you enjoy the event. It’s the ‘nature of the beast’.

Many of the harder trails have bypasses, so you can still run with the stock truck, but not take on the more difficult obstacles.

Make the plans - you won't regret it.

HTH.

Mark

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events