2008 National Rally anyone? - Page 4 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old April 17th, 2008, 07:50 PM
pcscharfe
pcdefender
D90/NAS 110

Question Rally Virgins -- Educate a First-Timer

(Sorry, no nuddie pics...)

Peter and Others,

Can you please lay out a few things for the first-timer at the National Rally. I'm pumped that I've finally committed to making the trip this year but want to know a few things about what to expect. Here are a few questions anyone can offer input i'd appreciate it:

- What does the the "registration fee" include? I'm trying to convince a few friends to make the drive out from California with me, but I'm having difficulty explaining what the $100 fee includes.

- If I can't make it to the event until Friday afternoon, will I be missing out on all the good stuff?

- With so many Rovers on the scene, do most people stick to the scheduled trail runs, or do most people venture off on their own and reconvene in the evening?

- Is the Solihull Society granted special permission or access to trails that are otherwise off limits to the general public during this time?

I appreciate the help... Just trying to get a good understanding of the event.

Thanks again!

Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 17th, 2008, 08:39 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCRover
We'll be out there for the week and looking forward to meeting some of the forum members.

Ryan, we'll I be looking for you in the D90?
Gary, I will be out there with my 90. I think we will have a large caravan with NJ/NY/MA crew coming out. mostly Discos and Defenders.

The Defender drivers will need kidney transplants when we get out there.
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Old April 25th, 2008, 11:06 AM
pcscharfe
pcdefender
D90/NAS 110

Anyone out there that can answer the questions I asked above? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 25th, 2008, 11:33 AM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

If I can't make it to the event until Friday afternoon, will I be missing out on all the good stuff? YES

- With so many Rovers on the scene, do most people stick to the scheduled trail runs, or do most people venture off on their own and reconvene in the evening? YES and NO

- Is the Solihull Society granted special permission or access to trails that are otherwise off limits to the general public during this time? NO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 25th, 2008, 11:36 AM
PCRover
Gary Young
'94 90ST -> SW

-What does the the "registration fee" include? I'm trying to convince a few friends to make the drive out from California with me, but I'm having difficulty explaining what the $100 fee includes.

Last year we got a t-shirt, dinner, and access to all events and trails.

- If I can't make it to the event until Friday afternoon, will I be missing out on all the good stuff?

Look at the schedule for the answer to that. The dinner is Saturday I believe.

- With so many Rovers on the scene, do most people stick to the scheduled trail runs, or do most people venture off on their own and reconvene in the evening?

Most stick to organized runs, but some do prefer to go on there own.

- Is the Solihull Society granted special permission or access to trails that are otherwise off limits to the general public during this time?

Not that I know of, it is a public place and stays that way. MOAB is way to big to close off or restrict access.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88
Gary, I will be out there with my 90. I think we will have a large caravan with NJ/NY/MA crew coming out. mostly Discos and Defenders.

The Defender drivers will need kidney transplants when we get out there.
Great! I hope to me you guys out there. It is only about 16hrs from here so the drive isn't to bad in any rig.
Old April 25th, 2008, 12:06 PM
mhansen
Mike Hansen
97 D-90 SW #2243

Hope this helps.

- What does the "registration fee" include? I'm trying to convince a few friends to make the drive out from California with me, but I'm having difficulty explaining what the $100 fee includes.

Look at the rally schedule: Trails- BBQ at Vender Night- Banquet/Raffle-Cocktail Party-Tee shirt- Etc.
We always hope and PRAY (lots) that we break even on this event.

No one gets paid to do this, Staff Trail Leaders etc. Its all volenteer.

Not all the good stuff but you should choose your sick days wisely

Most people stick to the trails, but you can do any trail anywhere that you want, it just won’t be lead by our trained knowledgeable staff. Some of us do some crazy runs like White Rim trail all nighter (120 miles) or Onion Creek and night

We have to have a permit just like Easter Jeep Safari to hold and event on public lands. We do not run any trails that are off limits to the general public. Gota Love Moab!

- I appreciate the help... Just trying to get a good understanding of the event.

-Thanks again!

You’re Welcome!

Cheers

Mike
Old April 25th, 2008, 12:31 PM
pcscharfe
pcdefender
D90/NAS 110

Thumbs up Great!

Perfect. Thanks guys! That was the info I needed. Sounds like I need to scheme to get some more days off.... See you in Moab!
Old May 15th, 2008, 04:35 PM
aloharover
Peter
1970 Series IIa 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcscharfe
(Sorry, no nuddie pics...)

Peter and Others,

Can you please lay out a few things for the first-timer at the National Rally. I'm pumped that I've finally committed to making the trip this year but want to know a few things about what to expect. Here are a few questions anyone can offer input i'd appreciate it:

- What does the the "registration fee" include? I'm trying to convince a few friends to make the drive out from California with me, but I'm having difficulty explaining what the $100 fee includes.

I appreciate the help... Just trying to get a good understanding of the event.

Thanks again!

Paul
Sorry Paul,
some how or other my subscription to this thread disappeared and I did not realise there were so many posts.

The registration fee basically gets you into the evening events. It includes the
-T-Shirt,
-entrance into the Cocktail Party on Wednesday night with free food, 2-free drink coupons,
-entrance into the Vendor Event Friday night with free cookout ( I do not know if we are allowed to provide beer at the Arena. I know BYOB is ok, just not sure if we will be having a couple kegs like we did in Montrose)
-entrance into Saturday nights banquette dinner,2-free drink coupons, and raffle (not the raffle tickets )

I would say that the majority of participants (over 51%) go with the Solihull led trails. But a large portion of attendees do go and do their own thing. This happenes more so on the last day then the first.

No, if it is not a public trail we will not be accessing it. The trail list is on the rally web site www.LandRoverNationalRally.org
Old May 15th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Monkeyboy

Hey Pete,

As long as you're "re-subscribed" to the thread...I'm not having any luck amending my registration thru the online function.

I need to add a couple of passengers.

Thanks,

KAA
Old May 15th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Flagg
Flagg
1995 Defender 90 NAS

Hotel Rooms......

Hey,

My sister and I were really going to make this 60th National Rally. I was coming from Maryland - maybe with the Defender, Her from LA with a Disco. We had never been to a big event - had always wanted to go - and this was going to be it. We were even going to try to make trips of it with our families. We made hotel reservations Last October........when we booked then - they were 2/3 full. Bet things are getting tight in MOAB now.

Well.......now we are not going.

She is pregnant with her second - due in August. My wife is pregnant with our second - due in October. All great family stuff - we are both way excited...........BUT we are going to have to try again for the 61st Rover Reunion! This one does not seem meant to be.

SO..........I have 2 NS rooms with 2 double beds in each at the:
LA QUINTA
815 South Main Street
Moab, UT. 84532
435-259-8601

I called them. They said that I can have someone else in my 'group' call and change the credit card and name the rooms are under to their name.

Before I cancel them - does anyone want them. PM me if so, and I will shoot you the confirmation numbers.

Flagg
Old May 16th, 2008, 11:14 AM
pcscharfe
pcdefender
D90/NAS 110

PM Sent
Old June 19th, 2008, 09:11 PM
aloharover
Peter
1970 Series IIa 105

There are only 88 days left until the 2008 Land Rover National Rally held in Moab, Utah September 16-20 2008. Remember late fee applies if you pay your registration after 15 August.
Old July 31st, 2008, 08:21 PM
aloharover
Peter
1970 Series IIa 105

I guess this has not been clear, after you log in you should see the date you registered and the date you paid.

http://www.landrovernationalrally.org/reg/index.aspx

Pete
Old July 31st, 2008, 09:05 PM
Gore Ranger
Jeff
1989 RRC

are any social events scheduled for Thursday evening?
Old July 31st, 2008, 09:15 PM
rmuller
Ryan
1966 S2a 88" | 2006 LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore Ranger
Thursday night is allegedly the cocktail party ... every night there will be a 'social event' somewhere im sure!
1966 Series IIa "Olive"
2001 Discovery II
2006 LR3 HSE7

Past: 1994 Defender 90 #416, 2001 Discovery II
Old July 31st, 2008, 09:37 PM
Gore Ranger
Jeff
1989 RRC

sweet. I'll be getting there too late on Wednesday for cocktails that night.

Ryan, I take it you are coming out? Are you bringing the d90 or the DII?
Old July 31st, 2008, 09:43 PM
rmuller
Ryan
1966 S2a 88" | 2006 LR3

Quote:
sweet. I'll be getting there too late on Wednesday for cocktails that night.

Ryan, I take it you are coming out? Are you bringing the d90 or the DII?
Jeff -- Taking the d2, it's better for a 2100 mile (each way) journey, plus it's locked & 4.11s .. Be there Tuesday to Tuesday mostly, got a house w/ 8 other jersey people.
1966 Series IIa "Olive"
2001 Discovery II
2006 LR3 HSE7

Past: 1994 Defender 90 #416, 2001 Discovery II
Old August 1st, 2008, 12:01 AM
LenB
Len Bruffett
NAS '97 ST /SW-POE Config

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloharover
I guess this has not been clear, after you log in you should see the date you registered and the date you paid.

http://www.landrovernationalrally.org/reg/index.aspx

Pete
Hi Pete,

I regularly just checked the last page of the online registration.... the "Congratulations Page"... to see if I was paid up. http://www.landrovernationalrally.org/reg/Confirm.aspx - after loging in I will blast through to the "confrim" page to check my status. The"Date Paid" field has always been blank and is still blank today.

As I found out today The confirmation of registration and payment is under the "Driver Details" page.

Len

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 6th, 2008, 11:26 AM
aloharover
Peter
1970 Series IIa 105

Quote:
Tuesday Sep 16th: PM Registration

Wednesday Sep 17th: AM Registration, Trails, Training Class

Thursday Sep 18th: AM Registration, Trails, PM Cocktail Party

Friday Sep 19th: AM Registration, OPEN DAY - NO TRAILS
Friday Sep 19th: PM CAR SHOW, PM Vendor Night

Saturday Sep 20th: AM Registration, Trails, PM Banquet

Follow-up Post:

BTW there are only 9 days left to pay your registration, after the 15th the late fee applies.
Thanks
Pete
Old August 18th, 2008, 03:03 PM
ron
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90

Help, I am planning on attending the rally but need a room. I called around to all the hotels and they are booked.

Anybody have a spare bed for a clean and quiet roommate? and of course share room expenses.
Cheers Ron

781640 264zero

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events