12/21 CT/RI Outing - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 16th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Rob Wollschlager
72 SIII 88
12/21 CT/RI Outing

Same meet up as the one from November 30th of last year: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=49481
BUT this time I called ahead and Allie's will actually be open!

Here are the details:
Starting point: Allie's Donuts 3661 Quaker Lane, North Kingstown, RI 02852. Meet at Allie's around 9am, leave for the trail at 10:00am. We will take the same route more or less we did last year after Thanksgiving. If anyone want's specific names and directions let me know I can post those. We will end up in the Voluntown CT area. The trails leading into Voluntown will be easy, some rock, some water crossings. After Shetucket Turnpike, I can lead a group through the more difficult "rock garden trail". This trail is more challenging, with an increased risk of damage, but provides a great challenge for a stock/modified vehicle (*keyword is risk, I've led many stock rovers through here before without damage, but the option is there). As always, there is no guarantee on a finish time, so dress warm and bring a lunch.
If anybody is passing through Mystic on their way to Allie's feel free to stop at my place ~8:15 and we can convoy.

Keep looking here for the latest updates and revisions, and please post here or PM if you're planning on attending so I can get a head count.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events