WTB: XS Steering Wheel (Leather Wrapped) - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old November 9th, 2008, 11:21 PM
fleabus
Dan
None :(

WTB: XS Steering Wheel (Leather Wrapped)

Looking for a leather wrapped steering wheel from an XS defender.

Thanks!

-Dan
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 10th, 2008, 07:42 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
You could also just send your's to American Stitches and have them slap on a leather wrap for you. I'm sure perforated leather is available.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old November 10th, 2008, 10:40 AM
fleabus
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
You could also just send your's to American Stitches and have them slap on a leather wrap for you. I'm sure perforated leather is available.
Thanks for the suggestion Jim, but the D90 is my only vehicle...not sure how I would get around w/o a steering wheel while they were upgrading it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 10th, 2008, 11:41 AM
d90boy
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants

Registry
sorry to hi-jack.
jim have you used those guys? how long does it take? how much money?
i have an awful wheel i need wrapped.

thanks.
Old November 10th, 2008, 11:52 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleabus
Looking for a leather wrapped steering wheel from an XS defender.

Thanks!

-Dan
Remember that later model Defenders have a different spline on the steering column, so make sure it will fit your truck. I don't know what the actual dates and models are that do not cross, but I know that customers have shipped wheels to us to install on their NAS Defenders and they don't fit.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old November 10th, 2008, 12:32 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I haven't used the place, but I think it costs a couple hundred to have a wheel wrapped if the design is simple.

I have a loaner wheel that anyone can use as long as they pay shipping each way.

Old November 10th, 2008, 01:46 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

hee hee learn German. The word for steering wheel in lenkrad ....search ebay for leder lenkrad defender or just lenkrad and you should be able to find a german one with the leather on it. I think I paid about 75 plus shipping for mine and bolted right in.

Follow-up Post:

Or option #2 - I send you my stock wheel for you to use while you send yours out to American stiching and you send it back when your's is done. I am in San Diego. You will have to pay shipping though
Old November 10th, 2008, 03:43 PM
fleabus
Dan

Thanks for all the suggestions (and loaner offers). I have an e-mail out to American Stitches... I'll let you know what I find out.

-Dan
Old November 11th, 2008, 11:34 AM
fleabus
Dan

American stitches wants $300 + $20 shipping
Old November 11th, 2008, 11:44 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
That doesn't seem totally unreasonable, kinda spendy, but cheaper than buying a new wheel. I've never had much luck getting great rover goodies off ebay.de - Clay might have had a score with his leder lenkrad, but that hardly seems the norm. And if aren't fluent you need to run your messages through babelfish, and you never know how they'll come out...

Old November 11th, 2008, 04:02 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Jim is right on the babelfish, sometimes it is garbly-goop. I put my question in english and using "English to German" translation on Babelfish. I have found that most Germans posting on ebay converse fine in english. I used to hunt down R-Sport Volvo parts on ebay Germany buy'em, mark them up and post them on ebay us. I know sleezeball . When you do an advanced search on ebay just select items located anywhere. I have not had a bad experience dealing with overseas buyers or sellers.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
wheel