Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old November 25th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Paul K
Paul Kennington
'85 Ninety V8 SW

Registry
WTB: set of 5 Freestyle/Tornado rims

All:

Looking for a set of Defender/Discovery 1 rims. Prefer Pacific NW to save on shipping.

PM me if you have a set.

Thanks,

Paul.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 25th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

PM sent
Old December 10th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Paul K
Paul Kennington
'85 Ninety V8 SW

Registry
Stmpede (Anthony/Andrew Najarian):

I bought a set of five wheels listed as 'Land Rover Defender 90 110 Discovery Range Rover Tornado Wheels 16" Oem Genuine' from you on eBay on November 26th. Item number: 321254484869. I paid via PayPal on the day the auction closed.

The wheels have not arrived, and you have not updated the status of the sale (shipped, etc.). You have not responded to my messages via eBay, emails, PM's here or phone messages, despite the fact that you have logged onto this board several times since the auction closed.

I can only presume that you do not intend to send me the wheels.

Please either send me the wheels or give me a full refund.

Thankyou.

Paul.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 10th, 2013, 02:40 PM
KSARover110
Dan
1983 Rover 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
Stmpede (Anthony/Andrew Najarian): I bought a set of five wheels listed as 'Land Rover Defender 90 110 Discovery Range Rover Tornado Wheels 16" Oem Genuine' from you on eBay on November 26th. Item number: 321254484869. I paid via PayPal on the day the auction closed. The wheels have not arrived, and you have not updated the status of the sale (shipped, etc.). You have not responded to my messages via eBay, emails, PM's here or phone messages, despite the fact that you have logged onto this board several times since the auction closed. I can only presume that you do not intend to send me the wheels. Please either send me the wheels or give me a full refund. Thankyou. Paul.

Paul he did the same thing to me. I just bought a pair of hella headlights and had to chase him for weeks to ship them. When they arrived the lens were cracked and he offered no reply to my messages. I would expect the decency to reply. Hope you have better luck
Old December 10th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Go to eBay PayPal protection limited by time

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old December 10th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
I'm on a vintage skateboard collecting forum and there is a section called "Bad people to deal with".

I think we may need a section like that on D90 source.

As well as a "Good people to deal with"... to balance things out.

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old December 10th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

I believe there is a thread on here that relates...I can't think of the name, but I've had failed dealings with a few but I'm always torn to post. On one side I feel it's my obligation to keep the community informed but when dealing with a misrepresented part or vehicle the benefit of doubt only goes so far...how the matter is resolved counts.

I will usually ping someone before they make my same mistake.
Old December 10th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Paul K
Paul Kennington
'85 Ninety V8 SW

Registry
Thanks for the input, guys. I had no idea he had a bad reputation, nor that he works at a LR dealership!

I just talked to him, and was assured the wheels will ship tomorrow. His work number is 1 877 971 8667.

I'll keep you updated.
Old December 10th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Good Luck Paul!
Old December 10th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Paul K
Paul Kennington
'85 Ninety V8 SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post
Good Luck Paul!
Thanks. I think he will ship them now he knows I have his number.

Let's see what shape they are in when they arrive...

On a side note, it really bugs me when people pull this shit on enthusiast boards. I watched with horror as Zack Monsieur (ZombieMotors here) pulled the same crap on a lot of people in the Porsche community- so it's good to have your support.

I understand that sh!t happens. People get sick, family emergencies happen. But zero communication is not acceptable. Even asking someone else to send a quick email would be fine. Hearing nothing after sending full payment back on November 26th is just not on.

Thanks,

Paul.
Old December 10th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

To all of you who seem intent on slander, why don't you try actually contacting the person rather than slandering him on a forum? I think I'm a pretty easy guy to deal with and I've sold countless items via ebay, craigslist and this forum with virtually no problems at all.

I haven't been on the forum much at all because I was really sick for the last week. I wasn't at work and I wasn't screwing around packaging wheels and shipping them while I was flat on my back. Had you contacted me directly via my phone or email rather than posting on websites and sending private messages I would have actually received the message.

I do apologize for the delay and I gladly offered you your choice of the wheels or your money back. You chose the wheels, after which you proceeded to slander me on public forums and call my work and threaten my boss, who has nothing at all to do with this transaction, that you will hold him and my place of business accountable for the EBAY transaction. THAT IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

I'm not typically a jerk, but quite frankly I've had it with you Paul. I hope you enjoy your wheels and do me a favor, don't ever buy anything from me again. There are plenty of people in the world I would prefer to do business with, it'd not about the money to me, I only sold them for the space anyway.

Dan - I never heard from you after shipping, I had no idea! Shoot me an email or give me a call. What was wrong? I packaged everything really well, I had each lamp individually wrapped in craft paper and cloth padding and then packaged everything in a padded box. Let me know what was broken and I'll be happy to work out a solution (refund or something), I am not difficult to deal with, I'm sure many other people here can attest to that as I've probably sold over 50 items on this site alone in the last few years.

By the way, for any of you who want to actually talk to me directly, try my cell rather than the 800 number that was posted...
cell: 224-383-4467
Old December 10th, 2013, 07:50 PM
usadventureracing
Brett

Post Positive/Negative Feedback from Sellers Here.

This is the thread name.
Old December 10th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Paul,

This is ridiculous! Now you keep posting more and more crap, insinuating that you won't receive them or that they are in any condition other than as described and pictured. You have absolutely NO REASON to believe they are any different or that they won't be shipped tomorrow and the Tracking Number emailed as I told you very clearly on the phone.

I honestly wish you would just take your money and go find wheels somewhere else, I have no desire to deal with people who complicate issues and can't simply communicate and handle a situation in a professional manner.

I know you want the wheels because they are in such great shape, and that is fine, I have no use for them any longer and need the space; however, I never expected this much headache and frustration over a simple transaction.

All that needed to be done was bid, pay, email/call, ship, done...there is no reason for anyone else to be involved, for any slander or any other BS.

The real kicker was when I called you to confront you about calling my business and my boss after just having spoken with me and you proceeded to yell at me, threaten me and then hang up on me...I don't know who you think you are but that is no way to conduct business Paul. Enjoy your wheels!

Quote:
Thanks. I think he will ship them now he knows I have his number.

Let's see what shape they are in when they arrive...

On a side note, it really bugs me when people pull this shit on enthusiast boards. I watched with horror as Zack Monsieur (ZombieMotors here) pulled the same crap on a lot of people in the Porsche community- so it's good to have your support.

I understand that sh!t happens. People get sick, family emergencies happen. But zero communication is not acceptable. Even asking someone else to send a quick email would be fine. Hearing nothing after sending full payment back on November 26th is just not on.

Thanks,

Paul.
Old December 10th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Paul K
Paul Kennington
'85 Ninety V8 SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede View Post
To all of you who seem intent on slander, why don't you try actually contacting the person rather than slandering him on a forum? I think I'm a pretty easy guy to deal with and I've sold countless items via ebay, craigslist and this forum with virtually no problems at all.
I did contact you. As for 'Virtually no problems at all" that depends on your definition of 'virtually'. You sold Land Rover wheels to another person on eBay and never sent them. And it seems there are a few people here who have had bad experiences with you.

Quote:
I haven't been on the forum much at all because I was really sick for the last week. I wasn't at work and I wasn't screwing around packaging wheels and shipping them while I was flat on my back. Had you contacted me directly via my phone or email rather than posting on websites and sending private messages I would have actually received the message.
On the phone, you told me that your 'Parts guy' was going to ship them tomorrow. So who is it? You or this parts guy? Who does the parts guy work for? Winnetka Land Rover maybe? As I said in my last post, I understand that bad stuff happens. But sending a quick not could have saved you all this trouble. Plus, the contract we have is via eBay- and that's how I contacted you first.

Quote:
I do apologize for the delay and I gladly offered you your choice of the wheels or your money back. You chose the wheels, after which you proceeded to slander me on public forums and call my work and threaten my boss, who has nothing at all to do with this transaction, that you will hold him and my place of business accountable for the EBAY transaction. THAT IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!
I see no slander. I made no threats to your boss. In fact, if indeed your boss had nothing to do with this transaction, he could have told me that. He didn't though, did he? Nope, he went to you. Then you called me (finally) and tried to harass me. To recap, I said that if you mail the 5 wheels tomorrow like you said you were going to, and they arrive in the condition you said they were, I would call your boss & apologize. As for the unacceptable part, you don't have a choice, because I already called him.

Quote:
I'm not typically a jerk, but quite frankly I've had it with you Paul. I hope you enjoy your wheels and do me a favor, don't ever buy anything from me again. There are plenty of people in the world I would prefer to do business with, it'd not about the money to me, I only sold them for the space anyway.
You have been a jerk to me. I have had it with you too- so we're pretty much even. I will never do business with you again- so no worries there.

I deleted the conversation for Dan. That is between you & him.

Quote:
By the way, for any of you who want to actually talk to me directly, try my cell rather than the 800 number that was posted...
cell: 224-383-4467
I already have your contact info.

Hopefully the wheels will be shipped tomorrow and will be as described. I will believe both when I see it.
Old December 10th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quite frankly I'm disgusted. I've sold countless items without any problems. I tried to clear out some space here at the shop and do someone a favor and sell him some really nice wheels at a great price. I guess this is the thanks I get, no good deed goes unpunished. Instead of having space in my shop and a few hundred extra bucks, I have to piss away time dealing with slander and BS to keep my name clean...

I take my word and my reputation seriously and I really don't appreciate being attacked, especially by some keyboard tough-guy who has never met me and knows nothing about me. Keep your comments and fiction to yourself and don't post things without some sort of reason or proof. You don't even have the wheels in your hand yet and you're accusing me of misrepresentation...get a grip Paul!

By the way, feel free to post a reply describing their condition and how wrong you were when you receive them, I am sure everyone here would like to know the true outcome now that you've already taken the liberty of naming yourself judge, jury and executioner...
Old December 10th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Paul K
Paul Kennington
'85 Ninety V8 SW

Registry
Quote:
Paul,

This is ridiculous! Now you keep posting more and more crap, insinuating that you won't receive them or that they are in any condition other than as described and pictured. You have absolutely NO REASON to believe they are any different or that they won't be shipped tomorrow and the Tracking Number emailed as I told you very clearly on the phone.

I honestly wish you would just take your money and go find wheels somewhere else, I have no desire to deal with people who complicate issues and can't simply communicate and handle a situation in a professional manner.

I know you want the wheels because they are in such great shape, and that is fine, I have no use for them any longer and need the space; however, I never expected this much headache and frustration over a simple transaction.

All that needed to be done was bid, pay, email/call, ship, done...there is no reason for anyone else to be involved, for any slander or any other BS.

The real kicker was when I called you to confront you about calling my business and my boss after just having spoken with me and you proceeded to yell at me, threaten me and then hang up on me...I don't know who you think you are but that is no way to conduct business Paul. Enjoy your wheels!
I have no reason to believe you.

If you had sent the wheels when I paid for them (or had your parts guy send them)
we would not be having this conversation.

As for yelling & threatening, you called me. You were accusatory & didn't listen. I have no time for people like that.

Summary:

If you had contacted me to let me know there would be a delay, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

If you had mailed the wheels, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

You are making things worse for yourself. Mail me the wheels and let's be done with this.

------ Follow up post added December 10th, 2013 05:11 PM ------

Quote:
Quite frankly I'm disgusted.
Me too.

Quote:
I've sold countless items without any problems. I tried to clear out some space here at the shop and do someone a favor and sell him some really nice wheels at a great price. I guess this is the thanks I get, no good deed goes unpunished. Instead of having space in my shop and a few hundred extra bucks, I have to piss away time dealing with slander and BS to keep my name clean...
What part of "I haven't heard from you since the auction closed and I still don't have my wheels" do you not understand?

Quote:
I take my word and my reputation seriously and I really don't appreciate being attacked, especially by some keyboard tough-guy who has never met me and knows nothing about me. Keep your comments and fiction to yourself and don't post things without some sort of reason or proof. You don't even have the wheels in your hand yet and you're accusing me of misrepresentation...get a grip Paul!
We will see when (if) they arrive. All I know about you is that you are in breach of contract. There is no fiction here. Oh, and the proof is that my wheels aren't here yet.

Quote:
By the way, feel free to post a reply describing their condition and how wrong you were when you receive them, I am sure everyone here would like to know the true outcome now that you've already taken the liberty of naming yourself judge, jury and executioner...
I hope to have that opportunity soon.
Old December 10th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
I did contact you. As for 'Virtually no problems at all" that depends on your definition of 'virtually'. You sold Land Rover wheels to another person on eBay and never sent them. And it seems there are a few people here who have had bad experiences with you.
The other wheels are still here. He is a local buyer who was supposed to pick them up. He has not paid for me nor picked them up yet. You're extrapolating your own theory regarding a transaction you have nothing to do with.

Quote:
On the phone, you told me that your 'Parts guy' was going to ship them tomorrow. So who is it? You or this parts guy? Who does the parts guy work for? Winnetka Land Rover maybe? As I said in my last post, I understand that bad stuff happens. But sending a quick not could have saved you all this trouble. Plus, the contract we have is via eBay- and that's how I contacted you first.
Really? We're going to split hairs over shipping. I boxed them and gave them to him along with your address. He is the one that actually fills out the form and the UPS guy picks up from our parts dept. so yes, technically he is shipping them. The point is they are being picked up tomorrow by UPS.

Quote:
I see no slander. I made no threats to your boss. In fact, if indeed your boss had nothing to do with this transaction, he could have told me that. He didn't though, did he? Nope, he went to you. Then you called me (finally) and tried to harass me. To recap, I said that if you mail the 5 wheels tomorrow like you said you were going to, and they arrive in the condition you said they were, I would call your boss & apologize. As for the unacceptable part, you don't have a choice, because I already called him.
Neither he nor ANY Land Rover Dealer in the world had anything to do our transaction and there was never any miscommunication about that. You said yourself that you didn't even know I worked at a Dealership, so why on earth would you contact that dealership and accuse them of any wrong-doing. My boss had no idea what you were even talking about, that was totally out of line and absurd, and lets be clear...I didn't "Finally call you back after that" we had just spoken, you then hung up and called him, that is when I called you back to discuss your ridiculous actions.

Were you asleep when they were teaching the golden rule? How would you like it if I call your boss tomorrow and threaten him and tell him what I think of you and your actions in your life? Would you think I was out of line? I imagine so!

Quote:
You have been a jerk to me. I have had it with you too- so we're pretty much even. I will never do business with you again- so no worries there.
How have I been a "jerk", you just said you haven't even talked to me? Which is it? You just keep twisting the facts to suit your accusations and I'm sick and tired of it.

Quote:
I deleted the conversation for Dan. That is between you & him.

I already have your contact info.

Hopefully the wheels will be shipped tomorrow and will be as described. I will believe both when I see it.
Believe whatever you like...

------ Follow up post added December 10th, 2013 07:29 PM ------

Paul,

I did tell you there was a delay. I explained that I was incredibly sick and wasn't able to go anywhere or ship anything. You said you understood, then called my work, gave my boss a mouthful of crap about me and how you were going to hold him responsible and then you came on here and started posting more crap!

I guess you've never been sick, never had a delay, never had ask someone for a little patience, well good for you. Unfortunately for the rest of us humans, occasionally things happen and we just have to deal with them the best we can.

In this instance, that means that unfortunately you had to wait a few extra days until I was healthier and able to make it into work to pack them up and ship them.

Hopefully in the future you can relax for a minute or two and give someone an opportunity. Next time I'll get out my crystal ball & Ouija board and make sure I won't be sick 7 days in the future when my ebay listing ends.

-Andrew

Quote:
I have no reason to believe you.

If you had sent the wheels when I paid for them (or had your parts guy send them)
we would not be having this conversation.

As for yelling & threatening, you called me. You were accusatory & didn't listen. I have no time for people like that.

Summary:

If you had contacted me to let me know there would be a delay, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

If you had mailed the wheels, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

You are making things worse for yourself. Mail me the wheels and let's be done with this.

------ Follow up post added December 10th, 2013 05:11 PM ------

Me too.

What part of "I haven't heard from you since the auction closed and I still don't have my wheels" do you not understand?

We will see when (if) they arrive. All I know about you is that you are in breach of contract. There is no fiction here. Oh, and the proof is that my wheels aren't here yet.

I hope to have that opportunity soon.
Old December 10th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Paul K
Paul Kennington
'85 Ninety V8 SW

Registry
Andrew:

We're going in circles, so I am done with this conversation. You apparently think it's okay to have zero communication with a buyer despite a 2 week delay. I disagree. Unless you were in a coma, you could have sent me a quick note, or had someone else do it for you. You sounded fine when we talked earlier, yet you had still not contacted me to explain the delay.

I look forward to the wheels arriving.

Paul.
Old December 10th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

I miss the good olde days when you could buy the tee shirt...who still has Wolf Nuts shirts? Mine have holes in them which eludes to the fact that I got screwed over by him on the quality...I'll just let it go though...he is protecting my freedom overseas...
Old December 11th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Wolf Nuts T Shirts? Do you have a picture? I've never seen one.

Paul,

Hopefully we can just be adults and get past this. I apologize, I just became really upset with the passive aggressiveness. I wish that when we were on the phone you would have just talked to me rather than saying everything was ok and that you understood I was sick and they were going out tomorrow. To me, you understood and we were ok, then I find out you turned around, hung up and called my boss, then went on an internet forum, especially on a board I frequent and have a good reputation on and started trashing me, and on top of that, started implying additional things like misrepresentation, for which you have absolutely no grounds whatsoever.

I also don't understand why, if you felt comfortable enough with me and the transaction to proceed and ask me to send the wheels rather than refund you, you would turn around and suggest that they will be anything other than I pictured and described. If you really feel they won't be what you want, why not ask for the money back, and if you do believe they are what you saw and bought, why go online and suggest otherwise, making me look bad to future person't who purchase something from me?

Regardless, I admit my communication was poor and I apologize. I thought we were ok and was really upset to find out all these things were happening behind my back. I hope we can both be adults about this go on without trashing each other for no reason.

-Andrew

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
rims