WTB Series III - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old January 15th, 2012, 05:03 PM
bstraw
Byron Straw
1994 POE/ST

WTB Series III

Anyone have or know of someone who has a series III 88 or 109 for sale. Would like something that needs work, a lot or a little does not matter. I have been checking all of the usual places, craigslist, LRX, rovers North Forums, ebay, etc etc. Close to Colorado would be great but not necessary. Needs to be left hand drive and a true series III not a II or IIa. Not looking for a show truck or a 7k+ truck. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 2nd, 2012, 04:46 PM
bstraw
Byron Straw
1994 POE/ST

No one knows of any piece of crap series III's out there? Come on guys, I am going through withdrawal here.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 05:56 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Byron, you cover a broad spectrum here. Perhaps give a maximum amount you are looking to spend?

There is a series 3 on lrx for $2900:

Advertisement to SELL; Product: 1980 SERIES III ; Price: 2900; (Currency: US Dollars);
1980 109'' Series III RHD
The truck is gutted. Seats need new foam and reuppolstery but the seat frames are good. The dash needs to be replaced with a RHD top. The doors look great from the outside, but they need to be replaced. If you're good with metal work, have time and a welder, they are definately salvagable. They are rusted on the inside and it was my plan from day one to scrap them and get new doors. The overall frame is solid. The out rigger from the forward spring mount for the left rear spring is in need of replacment. It holds weight well but it is on the way out due to metal rot. The bulkhead is great. Floorpan is great. The safari roof, vents, headliner, and cap are in fantastic shape. All glass is in tact and the channels are still in decent shape. These are two unavoidable issues with series trucks imported from the UK. The left rear spring forward mount and the doors are just those sensitive spots that just about all series trucks have to replace or fix at somepoint. The Transmission, LT25, with fairey overdrive and salsbury rear end, is in fantastic shape, does not grind, and does not pop out of gear. Overdrive, 4X4 hi and low are excellent. Truck had a steve parker 2.8 NA diahatsu diesel conversion that was in poor shape so i pulled it out. Just to be clear, there is no engine in the truck as it sits right now. Ford and chevy small blocks are very popular conversions for this truck. I would've liked to keep this truck and finish my build on it, but I'm barred from having it where I live as a project and am looking at having to redeploy very soon. I wish i could keep this truck and replace the entire drive train with that from a range rover classic with the V8, R380 and borg warner case and make it a beast of a land rover because it's literally at the point where it could be anything. That would be my suggestion to you actually. Take the RRC drive train and axles, some parabolics and convert the truck to a v8 and replace the doors. I am very willing to negotiate. thiessendd at hotmail dot com and I have many pictures of the vehicle. The truck is located in Yucca Valley, CA. Will not arrange any shipping.

Dave Thiessen <david.thiessen at usmc.mil>
San Diego, California, United States of America - 31 January 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 2nd, 2012, 06:51 PM
bstraw
Byron Straw
1994 POE/ST

Thanks cgalpin but that one is RHD. Looking to spend up to 4k. Quote from original ad: "Needs to be left hand drive and a true series III not a II or IIa. Not looking for a show truck or a 7k+ truck." But if you know of any that fall into the above requisites PLEASE let me know.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 06:59 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Converting from RHD to LHD falls under "Would like something that needs work, a lot or a little does not matter" IMO. It needs an engine too, but hey looked like a pretty good fit to me
Old February 2nd, 2012, 07:45 PM
kjva
Ken Jackson
1985 110 Wagon

Have a couple of LHD 5 door wagons with the correct roof etc. One is a 2a and the other a 3. Both built as daily drivers. Recon gearboxes and new clutches in both. Paintwork is crap due to children putiing decals on at various MARs. You are a hell of a way off in Colorado. They mostly just sit at the 200tdi 110 is a blast to drive. They owe me nothing so not about to give them away but looking for stupid money either. let me know if any interest.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 07:50 PM
bstraw
Byron Straw
1994 POE/ST

Charles, I never thought of it like that . Ken can you send me a picture or two to byron dot straw at g mail dot com.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 08:06 PM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

I have a couple of original US spec SIII's that both need work but not junk at all. Complete and fairly unmolested with decent frames. They are located in Maine (not originally from Maine) which may be an issue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"
Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:23 PM
Jpayne
Jeff Payne
'83 110 3 Door

Registry
Here's a couple

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=35504
Old February 2nd, 2012, 10:10 PM
kjva
Ken Jackson
1985 110 Wagon

Pic of Rovers 2A is the one next to the Lightweight, S3 nearest
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	038.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	46965  
Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:41 PM
bstraw
Byron Straw
1994 POE/ST

e-mail sent!
Old February 8th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Apocalypse Vehicle
Evian Degree
none yet

Interested in the series 2a 109. Can I get more info please?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
series, series iii