WTB: RRC Silencer, door pocket, cargo cover, etc. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old November 29th, 2015, 01:22 AM
knab's Avatar
knab
Status: Offline
Brandon Donald
97 ST, few RRCs, P38 HSE
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Denver, CO, USA
Posts: 120
WTB: RRC Silencer, door pocket, cargo cover, etc.

I'm looking for the following for an 88 RRC with grey cloth interior. Part numbers are my best guess...

2nd muffler / silencer with rolled tailpipe - NTC4059 - NEW

Driver side power seat finisher - PRC8096 or PRC5469

Front Spoiler - MXC6828 but I think that part number is later years with ABS vents - NEW

Transmission selector knob - FRC9357 ?

Drivers door map pocket - MXC1324LE

Rear cargo cover - MWC5271LE... new or perfect and will pay $$!

Hood/Bonnet plastic vents near windshield cowl - BTR4442, BTR5382, and BTR5383... again, i think those are part numbers for later years.

Illuminated transmission surround - MWC2976 or BTR1955 (like this one, but brand new)

Thanks all / thanks D-90
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old November 29th, 2015, 05:08 PM
mpruiks
Status: Offline
Marc
1991 Classic
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Manville, NJ USA
Posts: 23
Pm sent
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old November 30th, 2015, 12:31 PM
knab's Avatar
knab
Status: Offline
Brandon Donald
97 ST, few RRCs, P38 HSE
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Denver, CO, USA
Posts: 120
I think the correct part number for the power seat module that i need is MWC6165LCS... just the plastic cover, not the whole unit.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old February 13th, 2016, 08:55 PM
knab's Avatar
knab
Status: Offline
Brandon Donald
97 ST, few RRCs, P38 HSE
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Denver, CO, USA
Posts: 120
I'm still looking for a driver's side door pocket in grey (old style door card from 87/88) or will buy a whole door card. Also in need of driver's side power seat control... I don't need the whole thing, just the top piece of plastic that covers the mechanism... will buy the whole mechanism if I have to. Thanks d-90 for helping me find everything else!

Also, does anyone know if there is a source for osprey grey cloth? I have little flaw that I'd like to replace, but haven't been able to source the fabric for the upholstery shop. There are two kinds of cloth on the inside, and I'd need a bit of both.

I wish d-90 had an RRC section...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old February 16th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Kevin88RRC's Avatar
Kevin88RRC
Status: Offline
Kevin Keith
1988 RRC
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Portland, Maine
Posts: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by knab View Post
Also, does anyone know if there is a source for osprey grey cloth? I have little flaw that I'd like to replace, but haven't been able to source the fabric for the upholstery shop. There are two kinds of cloth on the inside, and I'd need a bit of both.

I wish d-90 had an RRC section...
How much fabric do you need? I have some front seats in not so good condition that have not made it to the dump yet that I would be willing to harvest some fabric for you. They are from an 88 RRC.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old February 16th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Nomar's Avatar
Nomar
Status: Offline
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Central,Virginia
Posts: 4,290
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by knab View Post

I wish d-90 had an RRC section...

Have you checked for these on RANGEROVERS.NET HOME ?



.
__________________


Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old February 16th, 2016, 12:58 PM
knab's Avatar
knab
Status: Offline
Brandon Donald
97 ST, few RRCs, P38 HSE
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Denver, CO, USA
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin88RRC View Post
How much fabric do you need? I have some front seats in not so good condition that have not made it to the dump yet that I would be willing to harvest some fabric for you. They are from an 88 RRC.
The fabric from one seat would be more than enough, as long as it is clean or can be cleaned up. I could also kind of use the back/side piece from the passenger seat.. mine is slightly bowed out. Do you want to just sell me the passenger seat or the cover and that back piece if easier to ship? Thanks... this is great.

------ Follow up post added February 16th, 2016 11:02 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
Have you checked for these on RANGEROVERS.NET HOME ?



.
Yeah and it is a pretty helpful site. The OCD and depth of knowledge here is awesome though.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old February 16th, 2016, 01:21 PM
Kevin88RRC's Avatar
Kevin88RRC
Status: Offline
Kevin Keith
1988 RRC
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Portland, Maine
Posts: 1,045
Given you're in Denver, I think it will be easier & cheaper to remove the fabric & back piece. It's a little dirty but should clean up nicely. My schedule is full right know so I will not be able to get to for about a week. When I do, I'll send you some pics.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old February 16th, 2016, 01:45 PM
knab's Avatar
knab
Status: Offline
Brandon Donald
97 ST, few RRCs, P38 HSE
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Denver, CO, USA
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin88RRC View Post
Given you're in Denver, I think it will be easier & cheaper to remove the fabric & back piece. It's a little dirty but should clean up nicely. My schedule is full right know so I will not be able to get to for about a week. When I do, I'll send you some pics.
Thanks much... really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old March 4th, 2016, 10:38 AM
Kevin88RRC's Avatar
Kevin88RRC
Status: Offline
Kevin Keith
1988 RRC
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Portland, Maine
Posts: 1,045
Here are some pics. Bottom is toast but the upper is decent and should clean up nicely... no stains. Just one little rip. Also have two headrests in good shape.

Any pointer how to get the back & fabric off? Would like to pull this off today & ship it tomorrow... or it will be a long wait. We can work out cost later if it works for your needs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_478797929.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	144207   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_478797944.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	144208  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_478797952.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	144209   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_478797962.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	144210  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_478797980.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	144211  
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old March 6th, 2016, 11:32 AM
JohnC
Status: Offline
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
95 DI SR Extreme Kit - 94 RRC LWB
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tappan, NY
Posts: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by knab View Post
I'm still looking for a driver's side door pocket in grey (old style door card from 87/88) or will buy a whole door card. Also in need of driver's side power seat control... I don't need the whole thing, just the top piece of plastic that covers the mechanism... will buy the whole mechanism if I have to. Thanks d-90 for helping me find everything else!

Also, does anyone know if there is a source for osprey grey cloth? I have little flaw that I'd like to replace, but haven't been able to source the fabric for the upholstery shop. There are two kinds of cloth on the inside, and I'd need a bit of both.

I wish d-90 had an RRC section...
I recently replaced my leather seats with brown cloth seats in my 94 LWB. The seats I got were in perfect condition except for the rear pockets (the elastic was stretched). I was able to pull the pockets out and had my wife sew in new elastic, looks perfect now.

I do have the grey rear parcel tray and I think the rear side cover. I also have the rear headrests in perfect condition and plastic cover for seat switch.
__________________
John C.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old April 30th, 2016, 02:15 AM
azarmadillo's Avatar
azarmadillo
Status: Offline
Chad Manz
1991 Range Rover Hunter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
I recently replaced my leather seats with brown cloth seats in my 94 LWB. The seats I got were in perfect condition except for the rear pockets (the elastic was stretched). I was able to pull the pockets out and had my wife sew in new elastic, looks perfect now.

I do have the grey rear parcel tray and I think the rear side cover. I also have the rear headrests in perfect condition and plastic cover for seat switch.
Can I send you my cloth seat pockets for repair? How do you remove the rear pockets safely?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old May 2nd, 2016, 08:47 AM
RoverMike
Status: Offline
Michael Shea
Need one...
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: West Kingston, RI, USA
Posts: 50
I have the seat switch (prc5469), and I'll check to see if I have a cargo cover in the right color for you.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old May 6th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Kevin88RRC's Avatar
Kevin88RRC
Status: Offline
Kevin Keith
1988 RRC
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Portland, Maine
Posts: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by azarmadillo View Post
Can I send you my cloth seat pockets for repair? How do you remove the rear pockets safely?
IIRC there are three screws in the bottom of the panel and one on each upper corner that are hidden under the fabric. The fabric is not glued but just tucked in allowing access to the screws.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old May 23rd, 2016, 08:36 AM
Kevin88RRC's Avatar
Kevin88RRC
Status: Offline
Kevin Keith
1988 RRC
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Portland, Maine
Posts: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by knab View Post
I'm still looking for a driver's side door pocket in grey (old style door card from 87/88) or will buy a whole door card.
Did you get this sorted? Found this on listing today on CL.... Range Rover Classic Interior Door Panels and more
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old May 26th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Paul Grant
Status: Offline
Paul Grant
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Milford, CT USA
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin88RRC View Post
Did you get this sorted? Found this on listing today on CL.... Range Rover Classic Interior Door Panels and more
Make sure about compatibility. I'm always wary when someone quotes years that are simply not compatibile for the part they're selling. Simply put, 1988 and 1989 door cards are completely different.
__________________
Paul Grant
203-770-1699

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old May 26th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Paul Grant
Status: Offline
Paul Grant
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Milford, CT USA
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by knab View Post
I'm looking for the following for an 88 RRC with grey cloth interior. Part numbers are my best guess...

2nd muffler / silencer with rolled tailpipe - NTC4059 - NEW

Driver side power seat finisher - PRC8096 or PRC5469

Front Spoiler - MXC6828 but I think that part number is later years with ABS vents - NEW

Transmission selector knob - FRC9357 ?

Drivers door map pocket - MXC1324LE

Rear cargo cover - MWC5271LE... new or perfect and will pay $$!

Hood/Bonnet plastic vents near windshield cowl - BTR4442, BTR5382, and BTR5383... again, i think those are part numbers for later years.

Illuminated transmission surround - MWC2976 or BTR1955 (like this one, but brand new)

Thanks all / thanks D-90

I have an extremely nice transmission surround with clean film, not new but good luck finding that.

I also have a set of the original cowl vents, minus one of the triangular end pieces. I also have a set of the later style (whose part numbers you quoted) in great shape. They will fit.

I also have a complete transmission shift knob w/o the wood insert that was on later models.

Keep in mind that any plastic interior bits from 1989 through 1994 will be more brownish grey than the blueish grey finish in your 1988 model. I mention this because it sounds like you're looking to spend real money on getting you 1988 done correctly. That being the case the vast majority of interior pieces you'll find will be from 1989 or later Classics, including the pieces I have for sale (off a 1989). Also, to add further frustration to the attempt at doing justice to a 1987 or 1988 model is the fact that anything being sold as "new" for all Classics, will most certainly be in the brownish grey color. To new parts suppliers it's as though 1987 and 1988 (never mind 1985 or 1986 for the ROW & grey market) never existed.
__________________
Paul Grant
203-770-1699

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old May 26th, 2016, 02:49 PM
cbfritz_03
Status: Offline
Carmen
none
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: TX
Posts: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Grant View Post
Make sure about compatibility. I'm always wary when someone quotes years that are simply not compatibile for the part they're selling. Simply put, 1988 and 1989 door cards are completely different.
Yup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Grant View Post
I have an extremely nice transmission surround with clean film, not new but good luck finding that.

I also have a set of the original cowl vents, minus one of the triangular end pieces. I also have a set of the later style (whose part numbers you quoted) in great shape. They will fit.

I also have a complete transmission shift knob w/o the wood insert that was on later models.

Keep in mind that any plastic interior bits from 1989 through 1994 will be more brownish grey than the blueish grey finish in your 1988 model. I mention this because it sounds like you're looking to spend real money on getting you 1988 done correctly. That being the case the vast majority of interior pieces you'll find will be from 1989 or later Classics, including the pieces I have for sale (off a 1989). Also, to add further frustration to the attempt at doing justice to a 1987 or 1988 model is the fact that anything being sold as "new" for all Classics, will most certainly be in the brownish grey color. To new parts suppliers it's as though 1987 and 1988 (never mind 1985 or 1986 for the ROW & grey market) never existed.
I have a 1988 and the search for parts has been interesting. Thank goodness it is in pretty decent shape, all things considered and I don't need much...that's all I have to say
__________________
Car Camping Collective founding member - Badge #88 ...with 4 whole fried chickens and a coke.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old May 26th, 2016, 03:12 PM
Kevin88RRC's Avatar
Kevin88RRC
Status: Offline
Kevin Keith
1988 RRC
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Portland, Maine
Posts: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfritz_03 View Post
I have a 1988 and the search for parts has been interesting. Thank goodness it is in pretty decent shape, all things considered and I don't need much...that's all I have to say
That's why I have half of one in my basement.
Except for the 3.5, I feel it's the best year.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old May 26th, 2016, 03:40 PM
cbfritz_03
Status: Offline
Carmen
none
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: TX
Posts: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin88RRC View Post
That's why I have half of one in my basement.
Except for the 3.5, I feel it's the best year.
I'm very happy to have it. Love the older body style LRs. You don't want to see my garage... ..omg lol
__________________
Car Camping Collective founding member - Badge #88 ...with 4 whole fried chickens and a coke.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
cover, door

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transmission silencer Himalaya For Sale - Parts 2 July 10th, 2015 01:14 PM
Defender muffler/exhaust mid-silencer mid-box Ben01 For Sale - Parts 2 February 23rd, 2015 01:04 PM
Parcel tray owners manual pocket door pulls o2batsea Wanted 0 September 28th, 2014 11:24 PM
Muffler & Silencer for an NAS 110 rd10014 Wanted 9 December 13th, 2013 03:38 PM
Door Handle Pocket - RUST Flagg Defender Technical Discussions 17 November 28th, 2008 04:55 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.


Copyright