WTB: RRC Silencer, door pocket, cargo cover, etc. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old November 29th, 2015, 01:22 AM
knab
Brandon Donald
97 ST, few RRCs, P38 HSE

WTB: RRC Silencer, door pocket, cargo cover, etc.

I'm looking for the following for an 88 RRC with grey cloth interior. Part numbers are my best guess...

2nd muffler / silencer with rolled tailpipe - NTC4059 - NEW

Driver side power seat finisher - PRC8096 or PRC5469

Front Spoiler - MXC6828 but I think that part number is later years with ABS vents - NEW

Transmission selector knob - FRC9357 ?

Drivers door map pocket - MXC1324LE

Rear cargo cover - MWC5271LE... new or perfect and will pay $$!

Hood/Bonnet plastic vents near windshield cowl - BTR4442, BTR5382, and BTR5383... again, i think those are part numbers for later years.

Illuminated transmission surround - MWC2976 or BTR1955 (like this one, but brand new)

Thanks all / thanks D-90
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 29th, 2015, 05:08 PM
mpruiks
Marc
1991 Classic

Pm sent
Old November 30th, 2015, 12:31 PM
knab
Brandon Donald
97 ST, few RRCs, P38 HSE

I think the correct part number for the power seat module that i need is MWC6165LCS... just the plastic cover, not the whole unit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 13th, 2016, 08:55 PM
knab
Brandon Donald
97 ST, few RRCs, P38 HSE

I'm still looking for a driver's side door pocket in grey (old style door card from 87/88) or will buy a whole door card. Also in need of driver's side power seat control... I don't need the whole thing, just the top piece of plastic that covers the mechanism... will buy the whole mechanism if I have to. Thanks d-90 for helping me find everything else!

Also, does anyone know if there is a source for osprey grey cloth? I have little flaw that I'd like to replace, but haven't been able to source the fabric for the upholstery shop. There are two kinds of cloth on the inside, and I'd need a bit of both.

I wish d-90 had an RRC section...
Old February 16th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Kevin88RRC
Kevin Keith
1988 RRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by knab View Post
Also, does anyone know if there is a source for osprey grey cloth? I have little flaw that I'd like to replace, but haven't been able to source the fabric for the upholstery shop. There are two kinds of cloth on the inside, and I'd need a bit of both.

How much fabric do you need? I have some front seats in not so good condition that have not made it to the dump yet that I would be willing to harvest some fabric for you. They are from an 88 RRC.
Old February 16th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Quote:

Have you checked for these on RANGEROVERS.NET HOME ?

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old February 16th, 2016, 12:58 PM
knab
Brandon Donald
97 ST, few RRCs, P38 HSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin88RRC View Post
How much fabric do you need? I have some front seats in not so good condition that have not made it to the dump yet that I would be willing to harvest some fabric for you. They are from an 88 RRC.
The fabric from one seat would be more than enough, as long as it is clean or can be cleaned up. I could also kind of use the back/side piece from the passenger seat.. mine is slightly bowed out. Do you want to just sell me the passenger seat or the cover and that back piece if easier to ship? Thanks... this is great.

------ Follow up post added February 16th, 2016 11:02 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
Have you checked for these on RANGEROVERS.NET HOME ?

Yeah and it is a pretty helpful site. The OCD and depth of knowledge here is awesome though.
Old February 16th, 2016, 01:21 PM
Kevin88RRC
Kevin Keith
1988 RRC

Given you're in Denver, I think it will be easier & cheaper to remove the fabric & back piece. It's a little dirty but should clean up nicely. My schedule is full right know so I will not be able to get to for about a week. When I do, I'll send you some pics.
Old February 16th, 2016, 01:45 PM
knab
Brandon Donald
97 ST, few RRCs, P38 HSE

Quote:
Given you're in Denver, I think it will be easier & cheaper to remove the fabric & back piece. It's a little dirty but should clean up nicely. My schedule is full right know so I will not be able to get to for about a week. When I do, I'll send you some pics.
Thanks much... really appreciate it.
Old March 4th, 2016, 10:38 AM
Kevin88RRC
Kevin Keith
1988 RRC

Here are some pics. Bottom is toast but the upper is decent and should clean up nicely... no stains. Just one little rip. Also have two headrests in good shape.

Any pointer how to get the back & fabric off? Would like to pull this off today & ship it tomorrow... or it will be a long wait. We can work out cost later if it works for your needs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_478797929.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	144207   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_478797944.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	144208  

Name:	IMG_478797952.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	144209   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_478797962.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	144210  

Name:	IMG_478797980.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	144211  
Old March 6th, 2016, 11:32 AM
JohnC
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
95 DI SR Extreme Kit - 94 RRC LWB
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
I'm still looking for a driver's side door pocket in grey (old style door card from 87/88) or will buy a whole door card. Also in need of driver's side power seat control... I don't need the whole thing, just the top piece of plastic that covers the mechanism... will buy the whole mechanism if I have to. Thanks d-90 for helping me find everything else!

I recently replaced my leather seats with brown cloth seats in my 94 LWB. The seats I got were in perfect condition except for the rear pockets (the elastic was stretched). I was able to pull the pockets out and had my wife sew in new elastic, looks perfect now.

I do have the grey rear parcel tray and I think the rear side cover. I also have the rear headrests in perfect condition and plastic cover for seat switch.
Old April 30th, 2016, 02:15 AM
azarmadillo
Chad Manz
1991 Range Rover Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
I recently replaced my leather seats with brown cloth seats in my 94 LWB. The seats I got were in perfect condition except for the rear pockets (the elastic was stretched). I was able to pull the pockets out and had my wife sew in new elastic, looks perfect now.

I do have the grey rear parcel tray and I think the rear side cover. I also have the rear headrests in perfect condition and plastic cover for seat switch.
Can I send you my cloth seat pockets for repair? How do you remove the rear pockets safely?
Old May 2nd, 2016, 08:47 AM
RoverMike
Michael Shea
Need one...

I have the seat switch (prc5469), and I'll check to see if I have a cargo cover in the right color for you.
Old May 6th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Kevin88RRC
Kevin Keith
1988 RRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarmadillo View Post
Can I send you my cloth seat pockets for repair? How do you remove the rear pockets safely?
IIRC there are three screws in the bottom of the panel and one on each upper corner that are hidden under the fabric. The fabric is not glued but just tucked in allowing access to the screws.
Old May 23rd, 2016, 08:36 AM
Kevin88RRC
Kevin Keith
1988 RRC

Quote:
I'm still looking for a driver's side door pocket in grey (old style door card from 87/88) or will buy a whole door card.
Did you get this sorted? Found this on listing today on CL.... Range Rover Classic Interior Door Panels and more
Old May 26th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Paul Grant
Paul Grant

Quote:
Did you get this sorted? Found this on listing today on CL.... Range Rover Classic Interior Door Panels and more
Make sure about compatibility. I'm always wary when someone quotes years that are simply not compatibile for the part they're selling. Simply put, 1988 and 1989 door cards are completely different.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 26th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Paul Grant
Paul Grant

Quote:
I'm looking for the following for an 88 RRC with grey cloth interior. Part numbers are my best guess...

2nd muffler / silencer with rolled tailpipe - NTC4059 - NEW

Driver side power seat finisher - PRC8096 or PRC5469

Front Spoiler - MXC6828 but I think that part number is later years with ABS vents - NEW

Transmission selector knob - FRC9357 ?

Drivers door map pocket - MXC1324LE

Rear cargo cover - MWC5271LE... new or perfect and will pay $$!

Hood/Bonnet plastic vents near windshield cowl - BTR4442, BTR5382, and BTR5383... again, i think those are part numbers for later years.

Illuminated transmission surround - MWC2976 or BTR1955 (like this one, but brand new)

Thanks all / thanks D-90

I have an extremely nice transmission surround with clean film, not new but good luck finding that.

I also have a set of the original cowl vents, minus one of the triangular end pieces. I also have a set of the later style (whose part numbers you quoted) in great shape. They will fit.

I also have a complete transmission shift knob w/o the wood insert that was on later models.

Keep in mind that any plastic interior bits from 1989 through 1994 will be more brownish grey than the blueish grey finish in your 1988 model. I mention this because it sounds like you're looking to spend real money on getting you 1988 done correctly. That being the case the vast majority of interior pieces you'll find will be from 1989 or later Classics, including the pieces I have for sale (off a 1989). Also, to add further frustration to the attempt at doing justice to a 1987 or 1988 model is the fact that anything being sold as "new" for all Classics, will most certainly be in the brownish grey color. To new parts suppliers it's as though 1987 and 1988 (never mind 1985 or 1986 for the ROW & grey market) never existed.

Old May 26th, 2016, 02:49 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Grant View Post
Make sure about compatibility. I'm always wary when someone quotes years that are simply not compatibile for the part they're selling. Simply put, 1988 and 1989 door cards are completely different.
Yup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Grant View Post
I have an extremely nice transmission surround with clean film, not new but good luck finding that.

I also have a set of the original cowl vents, minus one of the triangular end pieces. I also have a set of the later style (whose part numbers you quoted) in great shape. They will fit.

I also have a complete transmission shift knob w/o the wood insert that was on later models.

Keep in mind that any plastic interior bits from 1989 through 1994 will be more brownish grey than the blueish grey finish in your 1988 model. I mention this because it sounds like you're looking to spend real money on getting you 1988 done correctly. That being the case the vast majority of interior pieces you'll find will be from 1989 or later Classics, including the pieces I have for sale (off a 1989). Also, to add further frustration to the attempt at doing justice to a 1987 or 1988 model is the fact that anything being sold as "new" for all Classics, will most certainly be in the brownish grey color. To new parts suppliers it's as though 1987 and 1988 (never mind 1985 or 1986 for the ROW & grey market) never existed.
I have a 1988 and the search for parts has been interesting. Thank goodness it is in pretty decent shape, all things considered and I don't need much...that's all I have to say
Car Camping Collective founding member - Badge #88 ...with 4 whole fried chickens and a coke.
Old May 26th, 2016, 03:12 PM
Kevin88RRC
Kevin Keith
1988 RRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfritz_03 View Post
I have a 1988 and the search for parts has been interesting. Thank goodness it is in pretty decent shape, all things considered and I don't need much...that's all I have to say
That's why I have half of one in my basement.
Except for the 3.5, I feel it's the best year.
Old May 26th, 2016, 03:40 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Quote:
That's why I have half of one in my basement.
Except for the 3.5, I feel it's the best year.
I'm very happy to have it. Love the older body style LRs. You don't want to see my garage... ..omg lol
Car Camping Collective founding member - Badge #88 ...with 4 whole fried chickens and a coke.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
cover, door