WTB: Power Steering for 2.5NA - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old November 3rd, 2015, 10:18 PM
WBSurfer's Avatar
WBSurfer
Status: Online
Chris
1995 RRC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,218
Registry
WTB: Power Steering for 2.5NA

Looking to add PS to a 2.5NA. Let me know what you have.

Thanks in advance!👍🏼

------ Follow up post added November 3rd, 2015 10:21 PM ------

Looking for an ARB front bumper for an 87' Defender.

Thanks in advance! 👍🏼
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old November 4th, 2015, 08:06 AM
1of40's Avatar
1of40
Status: Offline
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Potomac Falls & Wintergreen, Virginia
Posts: 6,081
Registry
That shop in Atlanta has the whole kit, soup to nuts.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old November 4th, 2015, 11:09 AM
mtsl500
Status: Offline
MT
1986 90 (ex-MoD)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Riding
Posts: 47
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of40 View Post
That shop in Atlanta has the whole kit, soup to nuts.
yes but given everything going on with them, are they reliable?

Also, in a similar boat to the TS, what should I expect to pay for such a get up, regardless of if one were to source parts individually or as a complete kit?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old November 4th, 2015, 11:17 AM
1of40's Avatar
1of40
Status: Offline
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Potomac Falls & Wintergreen, Virginia
Posts: 6,081
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtsl500 View Post
yes but given everything going on with them, are they reliable? Also, in a similar boat to the TS, what should I expect to pay for such a get up, regardless of if one were to source parts individually or as a complete kit?
I have noticed they sell through eBay so maybe that's the protection you need and can leverage from. I'd pay via credit card PayPal so there is some recourse.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old November 4th, 2015, 11:27 AM
mtsl500
Status: Offline
MT
1986 90 (ex-MoD)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Riding
Posts: 47
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of40 View Post
I have noticed they sell through eBay so maybe that's the protection you need and can leverage from. I'd pay via credit card PayPal so there is some recourse.
They've got a sizeable webstore front on their site as well (stuff not on ebay)

Hardest part is trying to figure out where I'm going to source rhd friendly hoses from (and part numbers) ... I have a good lead on a PAS box, and from what I read there are a wide array of donor vehicles I can use the pump from (and rhd/lhd doesn't matter)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old November 4th, 2015, 11:27 AM
jafir's Avatar
jafir
Status: Offline
Jafir Elkurd
Flaky Green 198something ex-mod 90
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Centerton, AR
Posts: 1,580
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtsl500 View Post
yes but given everything going on with them, are they reliable?

Also, in a similar boat to the TS, what should I expect to pay for such a get up, regardless of if one were to source parts individually or as a complete kit?
No way to put a price on it because it depends on what you choose to buy. All new parts, you could easily be at $2000. All used parts and you could get lucky and be in it for $200. I think I'm at around $500-600 with a mixture of used and new parts, depending on what I could find.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old November 4th, 2015, 11:38 AM
mtsl500
Status: Offline
MT
1986 90 (ex-MoD)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Riding
Posts: 47
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafir View Post
No way to put a price on it because it depends on what you choose to buy. All new parts, you could easily be at $2000. All used parts and you could get lucky and be in it for $200. I think I'm at around $500-600 with a mixture of used and new parts, depending on what I could find.
yeah I figured I was going to have to source used and possibly "refurbish"

i'm figuring north of your number but it gives anyone an idea of budget as I know in searching a lot of people have had similar questions. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old November 4th, 2015, 11:44 AM
1of40's Avatar
1of40
Status: Offline
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Potomac Falls & Wintergreen, Virginia
Posts: 6,081
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtsl500 View Post
yeah I figured I was going to have to source used and possibly "refurbish" i'm figuring north of your number but it gives anyone an idea of budget as I know in searching a lot of people have had similar questions. Thanks!
Might check out Dingocroft.com as a point of reference and possibly a point of purchase. $2Grand sounds rich.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old November 4th, 2015, 12:01 PM
jafir's Avatar
jafir
Status: Offline
Jafir Elkurd
Flaky Green 198something ex-mod 90
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Centerton, AR
Posts: 1,580
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of40 View Post
Might check out Dingocroft.com as a point of reference and possibly a point of purchase. $2Grand sounds rich.
I'm just saying $2000 if you want all new or refurb stuff. A new steering box already in the states for a LHD is like $700. A new pump is like $350. That's over $1000 and you aren't even to hoses, brackets, the pulley, etc.

It was too rich for my blood, so I went used for as much as I could find.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old November 4th, 2015, 02:10 PM
WBSurfer's Avatar
WBSurfer
Status: Online
Chris
1995 RRC
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,218
Registry
Are these all the bits I need for the job:

Steering box
Steering pipes & reservoir
Pump
Link Shaft
Bracket
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old November 4th, 2015, 02:15 PM
jafir's Avatar
jafir
Status: Offline
Jafir Elkurd
Flaky Green 198something ex-mod 90
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Centerton, AR
Posts: 1,580
Registry
And the crank pulley, most likely.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old November 4th, 2015, 02:17 PM
mtsl500
Status: Offline
MT
1986 90 (ex-MoD)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Riding
Posts: 47
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBSurfer View Post
Are these all the bits I need for the job:

Steering box
Steering pipes & reservoir
Pump
Link Shaft
Bracket
assuming you mean the swan neck drop when you say link shaft

Also:
crank pulley (you'll need a 3 groove)
belt

Sorry to hijack your thread ... LHD or RHD? If I come across a good source I'll definitely share
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2.5na power steering bits Hache Wanted 4 March 20th, 2016 11:18 AM
Attempting to add power steering to 2.5na jafir Defender Technical Discussions 42 October 22nd, 2015 10:13 PM
2.5na power steering bits Baldewin For Sale - Parts 7 March 31st, 2014 08:41 AM
Power steering for 2.5NA jafir Wanted 17 March 16th, 2013 03:11 PM
WTB:Power steering pump for a 1997 D90 pmd Wanted 1 February 5th, 2008 03:26 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 PM.


Copyright