Wtb: Nas d-90 st - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old July 29th, 2010, 02:25 PM
kenco
Ken D
94 / D-90 soft top - arles blue

Wtb: Nas d-90 st

I am new to the forum so apologize if I get the terminology wrong. I have wanted to own a defender for years and am thinking now is the time (turn 40 this year). I have been looking around a bunch (mostly on-line) and would much prefer to buy from an enthusiast who is knowledgeable and took good care of the car rather than a dealer.

I am pretty flexible, but ideally looking for a reasonable priced D-90 soft top with manual transmission and the rear bench seat. Definately under 100k miles (but not so far under as to be priced like a new range rover). Live in the Denver area, so Colorado or surrounding states would be nice.

Will move fast and pay cash for the right car. Recognizing I am no expert in these cars, will want to make sure it is mechanically & structurally sound (advice on this front appreciated).

To give an idea of what I am thinking. I really like this D-90 (Arles Blue being my favorite color)

http://www.landrovercenterville.com/...dd5f05907a.htm

but subsequently saw it on the forums here for $10k less and nicer seats (before the dealer got it).

In any case, appreciate the feedback and helpful info on the forums.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 29th, 2010, 02:41 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Yeah, that's my favorite one ever. I had actually called the dealer on that one. They bought it from someone else who had removed all of the awesome interior before them (supposedly). Sucks, because there was a bench, front seats, etc...all removed. Now, no bench and $10k more!

What about this:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/1869859806.html
Old July 29th, 2010, 03:07 PM
kenco
Ken D
94 / D-90 soft top - arles blue

The guy deserves credit for the hilarious (and probably honest) post. Definately like it, but soft-top, manual transmission and under 100k miles will ultimately be a higher priority for me than the color. Not so for my wife who puts color ahead of any other concerns when making a purchase (car or otherwise).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 29th, 2010, 03:21 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Just lurk here and on craigslist for a while and be prepared to bounce on a good deal within a few hours or days at most. Cirbo sold a low miles near pristine 1994 with a 300tdi and ZF auto for 28,500. I bought my old rough around the edges d90 back for 12k it had been at that price for like 2 hours when I did. ECR sold a blue 1994 completely restored D90 for 50ish (I forget the exact price as it sold in a day, apologies to Mike or the new owner if I recalled the price wrong). Good deals don't last.

Most all of the dealer trucks are ones that were bought from someone out in the world as you can see with the one at LR Centerville.
Old July 29th, 2010, 03:59 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Jamie_Deck has a real nice black one too that he bought last year, did a bunch of work to, and is now reselling. Look him up.
Old July 29th, 2010, 05:05 PM
DMSLongLake
Dave Sherwood
1994 D90 ST

Registry
Here is one to check out:
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=25654

It is in Denver...
Old July 29th, 2010, 06:10 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Alex's is as good as it gets from what I've seen, fairly priced, well cared for. Jamie's is sweet as well in NM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 29th, 2010, 06:12 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Yeah, that's my favorite one ever. I had actually called the dealer on that one. They bought it from someone else who had removed all of the awesome interior before them (supposedly). Sucks, because there was a bench, front seats, etc...all removed. Now, no bench and $10k more!

What about this:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/1869859806.html
man horsey that is your favorite one ever? shoot for the stars.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
90, d-90, nas