WTB - Disco Brake Booster Check Valve - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old December 16th, 2014, 12:02 PM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

WTB - Disco Brake Booster Check Valve

I need the little plastic check valve / nipple that comes out of the brake booster that connects to the vacuum line from the intake manifold (GEMS D1 if that makes any difference)

I cracked mine a while back while working on some stuff in the engine bay. I bodged it together with some superglue and JB weld about a year ago and it held up well until last night on the way home from work when all the sudden I had a really firm brake pedal and hardly any brakes. Pulled over and it had re-cracked at the point where i had repaired it. I had some stuff in the truck so i bodged it together again enough to get me going but would like to fix it correctly since having little to no vacuum assist in the brakes make stopping a bit hairy.

If someone has a brake booster sitting around from a truck they have parted and could strip it off and send it out it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jake

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 16th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
I've got one... seems like it doesnt want to come out. If you pay for shipping I'll send the whole booster
Old December 16th, 2014, 12:43 PM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.G View Post
I've got one... seems like it doesnt want to come out. If you pay for shipping I'll send the whole booster
Zack,

Sounds good, get me a figure for the shipping of the whole booster.

Conversely, it looks like the bit i've managed to break off is part number STC780. Is that something you can order? If its cheaper to just get the check valve let me know as i'd rather not swap out the whole booster unless I absolutely had to. One less can of worms to open up..

Cheers,

Jake

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 16th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Actually yeah I can get probably get an aftermarket one in for around $7-8 or so if you'd like?
Old December 16th, 2014, 01:24 PM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.G View Post
Actually yeah I can get probably get an aftermarket one in for around $7-8 or so if you'd like?
Sounds good, lmk how much shipped to 90058, commercial address.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
boost, brake, disco