WTB - D90 rear trim and headliner - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old January 16th, 2015, 02:31 AM
fpdigit
Peter
1985 LR90 2.5NA

WTB - D90 rear trim and headliner

Sorry if I'm not being precise with terms - feel free to correct me. But I'm looking to add trim to the back of my D90 which is currently bare.

I'm looking for the following pieces.

- Rear Headliner, preferably without alpine windows cutouts, but since I'll be reupholstering, I can probably patch window cutouts with a little creativity. Condition is less important than cost (at least not RN/Laselle prices).

- The trim piece that goes vertically against the back of the roof above the hatch opening.

- Trim panels for the side walls.

I've got an older externally ribbed roof. Photo of where this is all going is attached.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150109_113752.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	111185  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 16th, 2015, 03:08 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Peter:
One thing I'd suggest to you before adding headliner is add soundproofing on the roof. I can't do that until temps warm up here, but having one less sound reflecting surface in the truck has to help.
Yes I have the same externally ribbed alpine free roof as you.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old January 16th, 2015, 05:19 AM
fpdigit
Peter
1985 LR90 2.5NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Peter:
One thing I'd suggest to you before adding headliner is add soundproofing on the roof. I can't do that until temps warm up here, but having one less sound reflecting surface in the truck has to help.
Yes I have the same externally ribbed alpine free roof as you.
You read my mind! I'm partly motivated by wanting the interior to feel a little less agricultural, but mostly I'm just hoping to reduce interior noise. I'm currently researching what type of acoustic measure to put under the headliner. Damping, mass loading, barrier, absorption - there's a lot of theory to sift through.

I didn't mention it but one concern I have is interference between the hatch hinges and the top-rear trim piece. But this would be a bridge to cross when I get there. First I'll need to source the pieces.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
90, d90