WTB: D90 Dash Dimmer Switch - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 10th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Gary Young
'94 90ST -> SW
WTB: D90 Dash Dimmer Switch

My D90 Dash Light Dimmer switch self destructed so I am looking for a new or used replacement.

Old January 11th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Len Bruffett
NAS '97 ST /SW-POE Config
dim switch

My guage dim switch died 3 days ago but I didn't know it. When it died it created a major headache for me. My alpine alarm crapped out at the same time so I spent three days hunting down the source. My alarm flashes both my extierior running lights and the interior gauge lights when it is engaged and disengaged. When I engaged the alarm I would blow , my alarm fuse, radio fuse, and the left (front, rear and side marker) lights fuse. I didn't know it but this last fuse also controls the gauge lamps. So I spent a butt load if time focused on touble shooting my alarm. It wasn't until I read your post and a couple other posts regarding gauge dim switch issues. So this a.m. I popped out my switch and ran a jumper at the dimmer switch harness plug to bypass the dimmer switch. All of my problems were solved with that simple solution. I found out you do not have to have the jumper to run the gauge lights. They are default in the dim mode with the switch turned off - or totally disconnected. When I put the jumper in place the gauge lights were in the bright mode. I attached a few picks of what I did. I put the switch back in place but not pluged into the harness. (after I put the jumper inplace I put a pice of electrical tape arounf the jumper to hold it in place. (not pictured). So if you can live without having easy control to dim the gauge lights you relly don't have to replace the switch. If you want them dim - just remove the harness plug from the switch - if you want them brighter - install a jumer as I did.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dimswitch1.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	11625   Click image for larger version

Name:	dimswitch2.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	11626  

Click image for larger version

Name:	dimswitch3.jpg