Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old December 11th, 2015, 08:30 AM
signalMTB
Rusty
'97 NAS D90 / '94 RRC / '05 L322

Registry
WTB: air compressor for '05 L322

I'm continuing to get a 'reservoir pressure static when filling' EAS fault code on my '05 L322. I have checked for leaks, nothing gross appears (little if any sag over night/days), I've rebuilt the air compressor piston with a new seal kit...only thing left that's somewhat affordable/easy is to try a new compressor. It doesn't 100% point to this being a problem, though it was a little slow to raise to off-road height, but nothing offensive.

So, I'm looking for a known-to-be-in-good-working-order wabco air compressor unit. I can buy a new one for shipped for $475 so something much under that I would be interested in.

Thanks in advance.
many others that have sold
Instagram: @SecondDailyClassics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 11th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
I've got a rebuilt one

I had ordered the rebuild kit from that Scottish dude and it was taking so long I just bought a used one locally and then when the rebuild kit arrived I rebuilt the compressor as a spare.

I'll take some pictures and post them when I grab the compressor out of my garage.
how soon do you need it?
Old December 11th, 2015, 09:18 AM
signalMTB
Rusty

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
I've got a rebuilt one

I had ordered the rebuild kit from that Scottish dude and it was taking so long I just bought a used one locally and then when the rebuild kit arrived I rebuilt the compressor as a spare.

I'll take some pictures and post them when I grab the compressor out of my garage.
how soon do you need it?

ok great, thanks. not immediately needed, so don't kill yourself. so this is a rebuilt one that you owned? hold old/miles? I rebuilt mine using the same kit, so curious if yours would be any better. no real way to test that I don't believe??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 11th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
yeah, this is a rebuilt OEM unit (of course it was the 3rd unit in my '04), so it's hard to say how many miles.
I'd even go so far as to say, the miles don't matter so much as the condition of the bags/struts during the life.
In other words, you could have a low-mileage compressor that is completely stressed and on death's doorstep because it was overworked keeping failing air struts inflated.

Just my thought.

You're right, I have no way to test my unit and who knows how long it would last. Id give it to you for $100 plus the ride. any less and it's not with 2-hours of my time to pack and ship.
Unless you're local or can hook up a RURR transport, then I'd give it to you for $50
Old December 11th, 2015, 02:31 PM
signalMTB
Rusty

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
yeah, this is a rebuilt OEM unit (of course it was the 3rd unit in my '04), so it's hard to say how many miles.
I'd even go so far as to say, the miles don't matter so much as the condition of the bags/struts during the life.
In other words, you could have a low-mileage compressor that is completely stressed and on death's doorstep because it was overworked keeping failing air struts inflated.

Just my thought.

You're right, I have no way to test my unit and who knows how long it would last. Id give it to you for $100 plus the ride. any less and it's not with 2-hours of my time to pack and ship.
Unless you're local or can hook up a RURR transport, then I'd give it to you for $50

Yeah, you know what...if it's rebuilt then chances are it wont last long unless you did that purely as preventative. Buying a used one probably isn't the best of ideas unless it's local and easy enough to test out. Thanks, I think I may just bight the $475 bullet.

dang these trucks...I hate that I love them so much.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
compressor