WTB - AA Driver's outer fender skin - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old October 23rd, 2010, 04:30 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

WTB - AA Driver's outer fender skin

Anyone have an undamaged AA yellow driver's side outer fender skin. Set the truck on it's side 2 days ago in Moab and crinkled the front fender. I know I am throwing this in the wrong place but I think you guys look at the for sale stuff more than the wanted stuff. Please let me know and it was a pleasure meeting some of you at the National Rally.
Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 23rd, 2010, 08:20 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan
Anyone have an undamaged AA yellow driver's side outer fender skin. Set the truck on it's side 2 days ago in Moab and crinkled the front fender. I know I am throwing this in the wrong place but I think you guys look at the for sale stuff more than the wanted stuff. Please let me know and it was a pleasure meeting some of you at the National Rally.
Thank you.
This thread is useless without pics.

RN has new ones for $130. Shoot with primer and some AA yellow rattle can from Tower Paint, clear coat, and you are done for about $180.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old October 23rd, 2010, 09:54 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

stupidity in action

I will try to get the pictures off of my phone as my camera ended up in the dirt when everything spilled sideways. I did manage to keep both hands on the wheel and just ride it over. At least I can say I did it and don't ever want to tip it again. Thank God it was in sand and not on Poison Spider or Hell's Revenge! The damn truck climbed up almost everything in low and at about 1000RPM. I could not get up Mickey's Hot tub or the other bowl on Hell's Revenge. So I am 0 for 2 in bowl games.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 26th, 2010, 12:05 AM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Forest Gump test drive

pictures posted. DAH.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sickly defender2 resized.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	32437   Click image for larger version

Name:	sickly defender resized.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	32438  

Old October 26th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan View Post
pictures posted. DAH.
Okay, so there is a story behind this. I don't see much that could put you on your side - what you do, swerve to miss a squirrel? I rolled a CJ years ago doing about 5mph in some mud, got turned sideways, and caught a tire just right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old October 26th, 2010, 03:31 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Utah Jakalope. Those are endengered and slow. I turned to the right slowly and was waiting for the guy behind me, soft sand took the turned front tire and before any brains kicked in to counter steering and punching it...I just rode it out. What a maroon.
Old October 26th, 2010, 03:46 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Do you have a skid plate for your AUX tank under the passenger seat? Did you put that on? And who made/makes it?

I hope you took plenty of shots of the undercarriage while it was on its side for if/when you try to sell it. Looks pretty rust free!
Old October 26th, 2010, 04:18 PM
AmityD90
Gery
1987 ROW D90

Registry
Perfect opportunity to POR15 and waxoyl the undercarriage
Old October 26th, 2010, 05:54 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

over end

Selling one never been trailed perfectly mint D-90 a regular urban cruiser with the only off road action is running over sprinkler heads. Beware of that ad.

horsey in regards to your question, Justin at Lucky 8 has those skid plate protectors for the tank. I used the European/UK spec tank that pumps the gas from the auxilliary tank into the fuel neck of the main tank works very well and I can go for about 350+ before even thinking about filing up. Just figure out where you want the filler neck to be. I choose inside the cab but I have some fumes coming through so I have to narrow down where they are coming from.

As for Por15 or Waxol, you only have a few minutes until oil starts leeking down the side of the truck .

I am working on an anti tip device that will shoot out faster than an air bag in case of an emergency. The alternative would be to admit to my self that was stupid and as they say "stupidity is the mother of inventions". Ask Ben Franklin as he accidently groped his assistant Jimie Galermo who punched him in his nose during a candle light experiment....hence the light bulb, no more broken Ben noses (Urban Legend).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted