WTB a AMR5919 Multifunction Computer for a 97 D90 NAS - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old February 27th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Edgtg
Edwin Velonskis
1997 Defender 90

WTB a AMR5919 Multifunction Computer for a 97 D90 NAS

Hi I am looking for a AMR 5919 module multifunction computer or courtesy computer that controls interior light dimming rear wiper and key in ignition tone for a 1997 D90 NAS it is located in the switch pod in the middle of the dash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 27th, 2013, 10:28 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgtg View Post
Hi I am looking for a AMR 5919 module multifunction computer or courtesy computer that controls interior light dimming rear wiper and key in ignition tone for a 1997 D90 NAS it is located in the switch pod in the middle of the dash.
I recently asked all the regular Rover sources - it's pretty much non-available anymore. Keep trying, though.
Old March 31st, 2013, 11:30 AM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

I'd love to get hold of a busted one to see what repair options there are, or maybe the possibility to build a compatible replacement internal for it.

-Hans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 31st, 2013, 12:18 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
I'd love to get hold of a busted one to see what repair options there are, or maybe the possibility to build a compatible replacement internal for it.

-Hans
ECR had a recent thread on the exact subject - unsure if they actually figured out a solution, worth sending a mail, I guess.
Old March 31st, 2013, 01:17 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

I'll see if I can find the thread. Been a bit out of the loop on things since I sold my truck.

Old March 31st, 2013, 01:30 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Wait, it was actually on their Facebook page. I'll dig it up and post.
Old March 31st, 2013, 01:33 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOB View Post
Wait, it was actually on their Facebook page. I'll dig it up and post.
Cool, and if you could actually cut/paste into here it would be appreciated. I prefer to keep my soul, so never signed up for facebook.

-Hans

Old March 31st, 2013, 03:01 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Cool, and if you could actually cut/paste into here it would be appreciated. I prefer to keep my soul, so never signed up for facebook.

-Hans
It's actually public, but yeah, I can cut/paste
Old March 31st, 2013, 07:02 PM
HeloBubba
Chris Murphy
'89 127 (D130), '16 LR4

Howdy, Gents-

With my imminent Uncle-Sam mandated move overseas and the resultant required sale of my 97 in a few months, I can probably part with the spare AMR5919 I've had in my stash for several years. My original stock one has held up well following some cleaning and solder-joint fixing a long time ago, so this one wasn't needed. (And hopefully won't be in the next few months.)

I bought this one online from one of the e-commerce front sites for a Jag/LR dealer (and noted in an old post). They had to order it from the UK, but were able to scratch one up that way back then. I expect it was spare stock for one of the UK 4.0L V8 50th Anniversary trucks which used most of the same parts as our 97 NAS ones minus the "steering wheel on the wrong side" stuff.

In any case, it came to me sealed in a Rover part bag with label and everything, but upon arrival looked a little like a used part in there due to some smudging on the case, etc. After taking a good look at it (and opening it, as it's easy), it's a good part and the pc board is flawless, I just expect that someone at Rover used it for troubleshooting or something. I just shot photos so you'll see what I do. I never ended up using it.

(On a more recent note about "new parts", a few weeks ago I received a replacement wiper motor cover dash piece from overseas, also in a sealed new original LR bag, to replace my stock one that I'd previously cut up for ARB switch mounting. It was also a "new" part and the vinyl was perfect, but it had screw marks from previous mounting and someone had already crappily cut the hole out for the dash light dimmer switch. I guess sort-of used/new parts are LR SOP. Makes me wonder if these parts may have come from a truck that didn't make it through final QA checks and were returned to parts inventory or something. Who am I kidding, QA checks in Solihull? )

As I recall, the part cast me about $150 with shipping, so I'll pass it on to one of you guys for that. Yes, $150 shipped in CONUS, via Paypal "Gift" so I don't get scalped.

Thanks,
Murph
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5919-1.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	69324   Click image for larger version

Name:	5919-2.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	69325  

Click image for larger version

Name:	5919-5.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	69326   Click image for larger version

Name:	5919-6.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	69327  

'89 D110SW
'16 LR4

Former:
'97 D90SW - SOLD SEP '14
'94 D90ST - SOLD MAY '13
D90s sold while assigned overseas. You're welcome America!
'06 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
'8X FankenRover D100
Old March 31st, 2013, 07:12 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
I consider myself 2nd or 3rd in line here - Hans or Edwin, you guys should buy it if yours is busted (mine is failing from time to time, but seems to always work at inspections). I just want one as a backup because the current one will fail eventually. Murph, if they don't want it, I'll buy at asking price.
Old March 31st, 2013, 07:14 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

PM'ed
Old March 31st, 2013, 07:16 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post
PM'ed
Uh, shouldn't this go to people in line, in the thread?
Old March 31st, 2013, 07:19 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Yes, but I thought they were looking for a donor part...if that's not the case I'm standing in line with anyone else...
Old March 31st, 2013, 07:51 PM
HeloBubba
Chris Murphy
'89 127 (D130), '16 LR4

Thanks for the posts and PMs guys. Steve's timestamped post at 7:12 was met by Bill's PM at......7:12. So much for using that to see who jumped on the grenade. The online D90 buddy factor also doesn't help much, as I'm pretty sure I've conversed with both of you more than a few times over the years.

I'm happy to sell it to whomever can best use it. Does one of you have a truck that needs this now while the other is looking to hoard it like I did?

Murph
'89 D110SW
'16 LR4

Former:
'97 D90SW - SOLD SEP '14
'94 D90ST - SOLD MAY '13
'8X FankenRover D100
Old March 31st, 2013, 07:55 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

I only need it as a spare...so if he needs it I'm out. If he doesn't need it I'll take it.
Old March 31st, 2013, 08:05 PM
HeloBubba
Chris Murphy
'89 127 (D130), '16 LR4

Thanks, Bill. I'll get back with you guys via PM.

Have a good night.
'89 D110SW
'16 LR4

Former:
'97 D90SW - SOLD SEP '14
'94 D90ST - SOLD MAY '13
'8X FankenRover D100
Old March 31st, 2013, 08:08 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeloBubba View Post
Thanks for the posts and PMs guys. Steve's timestamped post at 7:12 was met by Bill's PM at......7:12. So much for using that to see who jumped on the grenade. The online D90 buddy factor also doesn't help much, as I'm pretty sure I've conversed with both of you more than a few times over the years.

I'm happy to sell it to whomever can best use it. Does one of you have a truck that needs this now while the other is looking to hoard it like I did?

Murph
Totally understood, and here's where the theory of the WTB section works in my twisted mind - since this started in a WTB thread, I personally think the WTB requestors should get first dibs and I consider myself third in line for that. I recognize there are other theories that may work better. Just trying to be fair. In my own mind, at least.

And mine's busted half the time. It's busted right now, but tomorrow is another day.

That said, Murph is free to sell to whomever he pleases.
Old March 31st, 2013, 08:11 PM
HeloBubba
Chris Murphy
'89 127 (D130), '16 LR4

You have PM with Paypal info, Steve!
'89 D110SW
'16 LR4

Former:
'97 D90SW - SOLD SEP '14
'94 D90ST - SOLD MAY '13
'8X FankenRover D100
Old March 31st, 2013, 09:07 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

I release all claims to WORKING parts, I'm looking for dead ones. I don't even actually have a Defender at the moment, more looking to see if this is something I can either offer repair service for or possibly reproduction of.

That square chip in the middle though may make things prohibitive, depending on what it is. If it's an off the shelf micro-controller, it's do-able for reproduction. If it's a PLCC or ASIC things get a lot more complicated and I may end up having to do a new design from scratch. That ramps up the complexity on my end quite a lot.

-Hans

Old April 1st, 2013, 01:38 AM
Edgtg
Edwin Velonskis
1997 Defender 90

Hi I am the original poster and the board didn't let me know about new posts my rear windshield wiper doesn't work even after cleaning and resoldering. If it is still available I could really use it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
90, 97, 97 d90, d90, nas