Wtb: 5 speed D1 - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 1st, 2015, 08:05 AM
300Tdi 95 D1
Originally Posted by TigerDan View Post
It's a little different than than, Jeff. The Disco pedal plate will interchange with a '95 RRC, (but you can simply swap the pedals onto the '95 RRC plate too) But to fit a '94 and earlier (hard dash) RRC, the Disco plate is taller and the steering column goes through it too. There's also a dash support between the pedals on the hard dash RRC and the pedals are on separate pivots whereas the '95 RRC/DI pedals are on a common shaft. I wound up cutting the pedal mounting brackets off of both plates and fabbing them a bit to make everything work, rather than sourcing an early pedal plate from England.

BTW, you in the house yet?
Dan- I've heard mixed stories in the past. You are saying without uncertainty that the D1 5 speed pedal box will bolt right into the soft dash 95?

Old July 1st, 2015, 10:45 AM
Neil Hanekom
75 109 exMOD
PM sent

Old July 1st, 2015, 10:46 AM
1991 RRC
Well...I guess I can't say it without a slight bit of uncertainty as I haven't actually tried to do it. But I've compared the pedal boxes from both and haven't been able to find any difference between them. For that matter, as I mentioned before the pedals are on a common shaft for the soft dash RRC/DI, and the single pedal for the automatic is the same way, it's on a long shaft which goes all the way across so it should be simple enough to unbolt the shaft and slide it out, remove the single brake pedal and install the brake and clutch pedals from a DI, then drill the hole for the clutch master cylinder. I don't know if there's room under the dash to do this in place, but I plan on giving it a shot when I find a '95 that I want to keep and convert it to 5-speed.

1991 RRC 4.2, R380, LT230, TrueTrac, Detroit, sliders, 33s, blahblahblah....
1994 RRC LWB
1994 RRC SWB
1995 RRC LWB 25th Anniversary Edition
1995 D90 project
1961 SII

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted