WTB: 1995 LWB 25th Anniversary - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old April 14th, 2015, 08:09 PM
wchristie
Status: Offline
Bill Christie
95 Classic LWB
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Asheville, NC, USA
Posts: 11
Registry
WTB: 1995 LWB 25th Anniversary

Looking for a 95 LWB with black interior, lifted, exterior goodies and engine work (not asking for much). Sold my HSE a while back to fund the home and the sickness remains. Thanks for any leads.
Bill C., Asheville, NC.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old April 14th, 2015, 08:23 PM
D90Overkill's Avatar
D90Overkill
Status: Offline
David Frank
1995 ST #2615
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Napa, CA. United States
Posts: 4,865
Registry
Did you see the two on fleabay last month? Not so perfect sold for 6k and the real gem for around 17k.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old April 14th, 2015, 08:43 PM
wchristie
Status: Offline
Bill Christie
95 Classic LWB
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Asheville, NC, USA
Posts: 11
Registry
yes I did, re: the 6k grey in CA, I spoke with the guy and it had upgraded air suspension with 4-separate hose connections under to hood, you'd have to fill each bag individually, kind of a turn-off, and the 17k one is out of my range. There was a great one on CL out of Athens, GA in Jan/Feb on ebay, went for 6k, built, goodies, blue/blk int., still kicking myself. these pups are rare. cheers.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old April 14th, 2015, 08:53 PM
D90Overkill's Avatar
D90Overkill
Status: Offline
David Frank
1995 ST #2615
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Napa, CA. United States
Posts: 4,865
Registry
I hear ya. The 6k Grey was local for me. Talked to him too. Had holes through the metal deck in the cargo area! No thanks.

I'll keep my ears on!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old April 14th, 2015, 08:59 PM
wchristie
Status: Offline
Bill Christie
95 Classic LWB
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Asheville, NC, USA
Posts: 11
Registry
he didn't tell me any of that #$%!
thanks bud.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old April 14th, 2015, 09:21 PM
D90Overkill's Avatar
D90Overkill
Status: Offline
David Frank
1995 ST #2615
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Napa, CA. United States
Posts: 4,865
Registry
Ha! You made the right call! I dodged a bullet too, thanks to Josh (Crash303). He laid eyes on that "bulletproof" '95 lwb down in San Diego for me in August. Same one that sold for $27k on fleabay last month. I was gonna buy it for 6k. Funny thing is, it's not bulletproof anymore! Ebay seller, not the guy I was buying from but rather the restorer's rep, wasn't being straight with bidders. Front windshield and driver's window had been broken and replaced with non ballistic glass, but the seller referred to all the armoring as original from work done. I know as I had tried to get bids on replacing them from Texas Armoring Corp. but all molds destroyed, fab was cost prohibitive, and the glass was NLA. I kinda reported him to try to help bidders be aware. The restoration could have poly-lammed the glass, but it wouldn't be to spec. Might stop really small arms fire. Maybe. Thanks again, Josh!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old April 15th, 2015, 03:08 AM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
Ha! You made the right call! I dodged a bullet too, thanks to Josh (Crash303). He laid eyes on that "bulletproof" '95 lwb down in San Diego for me in August. Same one that sold for $27k on fleabay last month. I was gonna buy it for 6k. Funny thing is, it's not bulletproof anymore! Ebay seller, not the guy I was buying from but rather the restorer's rep, wasn't being straight with bidders. Front windshield and driver's window had been broken and replaced with non ballistic glass, but the seller referred to all the armoring as original from work done. I know as I had tried to get bids on replacing them from Texas Armoring Corp. but all molds destroyed, fab was cost prohibitive, and the glass was NLA. I kinda reported him to try to help bidders be aware. The restoration could have poly-lammed the glass, but it wouldn't be to spec. Might stop really small arms fire. Maybe. Thanks again, Josh!
How'd I miss this. Pics?
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old April 15th, 2015, 03:09 AM
D90Overkill's Avatar
D90Overkill
Status: Offline
David Frank
1995 ST #2615
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Napa, CA. United States
Posts: 4,865
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
How'd I miss this. Pics?
Before shots or afters? Josh took a ton for me last summer, and there were 40+ in the fleabay ad. Anything in particular you wanted to see?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old April 15th, 2015, 03:48 AM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
Before shots or afters? Josh took a ton for me last summer, and there were 40+ in the fleabay ad. Anything in particular you wanted to see?
Just wanted to see what a bullet-proof RRC looked like.
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old April 15th, 2015, 03:58 AM
D90Overkill's Avatar
D90Overkill
Status: Offline
David Frank
1995 ST #2615
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Napa, CA. United States
Posts: 4,865
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Just wanted to see what a bullet-proof RRC looked like.
You'd never know it. Looked stock. I'll find some pics tomorrow when I get on my pc.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old April 15th, 2015, 09:47 AM
jrose609's Avatar
jrose609
Status: Offline
Jason Rose
1983 110 County 200tdi
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 648
Registry
are you talking this 1995 RRC?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old April 15th, 2015, 10:52 AM
D90Overkill's Avatar
D90Overkill
Status: Offline
David Frank
1995 ST #2615
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Napa, CA. United States
Posts: 4,865
Registry
Nope. But that is a very fine example. The bulletproof-ish one wound up selling for $27k, with the last 7k adding up in the final minute. I watched it just for fun.!ill post a pic of it here in a minute.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old April 16th, 2015, 12:37 AM
D90Overkill's Avatar
D90Overkill
Status: Offline
David Frank
1995 ST #2615
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Napa, CA. United States
Posts: 4,865
Registry
It was this one offered by world proven land rover. And it was a one owner car before the guy who I was going to buy it from owned it, who then sold it to the guy who restored it. But that shouldn't matter for this "one owner" bulletproof (except for the driving compartment) classic! ;-)

http://www.autobia.com/car-detail/ra...408220465.html
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old April 18th, 2015, 05:33 PM
signalMTB's Avatar
signalMTB
Status: Offline
Rusty
'97 NAS D90 / '94 RRC / '05 L322
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 634
Registry
I've got a gem of a 25th anniversary LWB ( the US ones, not the UK one), all original...not looking to sell but I am looking for a D110 to bring to the states. Would love any help if you have one or willing to assist.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old April 18th, 2015, 05:53 PM
roverguy's Avatar
roverguy
Status: Offline
Robert
1995 RRC
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,029
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by signalMTB View Post
I've got a gem of a 25th anniversary LWB ( the US ones, not the UK one), all original...not looking to sell but I am looking for a D110 to bring to the states. Would love any help if you have one or willing to assist.
I'll be driving my 25th through Chattanooga next weekend, we should grab a beer.
__________________
1965 IIa 88
1995 RRC 25th Anniversary
98 Discovery LE7
2000 DII (SOLD)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old April 18th, 2015, 05:55 PM
D90Overkill's Avatar
D90Overkill
Status: Offline
David Frank
1995 ST #2615
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Napa, CA. United States
Posts: 4,865
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by signalMTB View Post
I've got a gem of a 25th anniversary LWB ( the US ones, not the UK one), all original...not looking to sell but I am looking for a D110 to bring to the states. Would love any help if you have one or willing to assist.
This is a good thread to post a pic of your '95LWB. I'd love to see it.

Plenty of guys here that can help you. Why, may I ask, do you want to bring a 110 over yourself? An older vehicle to tinker with or restore? Maybe keep the costs down? Or are you looking for a 110 that's turnkey? If it's the later, have you seen some of the one's RiverMike (on this board) has restored and listed for sale? Beautiful turnkey trucks. One 110 is available now for a reasonable sum, albeit a lot, but considering its restored condition, a fair price. Just my .02

I wish you the best of luck with whatever you should decide and you have definitely found the right site for knowledgeable people in the realm of defenders and importation.

P.S. I'm not one of them, I just reiterate the obvious! ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old April 18th, 2015, 06:44 PM
roverguy's Avatar
roverguy
Status: Offline
Robert
1995 RRC
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,029
Registry
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1909500724.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	952.6 KB
ID:	118646
__________________
1965 IIa 88
1995 RRC 25th Anniversary
98 Discovery LE7
2000 DII (SOLD)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old April 18th, 2015, 07:57 PM
signalMTB's Avatar
signalMTB
Status: Offline
Rusty
'97 NAS D90 / '94 RRC / '05 L322
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 634
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
This is a good thread to post a pic of your '95LWB. I'd love to see it.

Plenty of guys here that can help you. Why, may I ask, do you want to bring a 110 over yourself? An older vehicle to tinker with or restore? Maybe keep the costs down? Or are you looking for a 110 that's turnkey? If it's the later, have you seen some of the one's RiverMike (on this board) has restored and listed for sale? Beautiful turnkey trucks. One 110 is available now for a reasonable sum, albeit a lot, but considering its restored condition, a fair price. Just my .02

I wish you the best of luck with whatever you should decide and you have definitely found the right site for knowledgeable people in the realm of defenders and importation.

P.S. I'm not one of them, I just reiterate the obvious! ;-)

Yes, looking to bring one (or two over) for a couple reasons...one for me as a rolling project, and I've got two buddies that are looking (one more serious than the other). I'd like to bring one or two over a year, spend some time and $$ on them, and sell here in the states. Just as a side project where I can drive for awhile while light rolling restore then sell, and start all over again. I've got 2 Rovers now and just always love to tinker.

------ Follow up post added April 18th, 2015 07:58 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverguy View Post
I'll be driving my 25th through Chattanooga next weekend, we should grab a beer.
definitely! I'll send you a PM with my contact info.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old April 18th, 2015, 08:02 PM
D90Overkill's Avatar
D90Overkill
Status: Offline
David Frank
1995 ST #2615
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Napa, CA. United States
Posts: 4,865
Registry
Well, you'll be in good company here! Lots of guys in that camp. All the best.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old May 1st, 2015, 10:53 PM
crown14's Avatar
crown14
Status: Offline
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 44 Nas Row, Inter Net, USA
Posts: 3,285
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
Ha! You made the right call! I dodged a bullet too, thanks to Josh (Crash303). He laid eyes on that "bulletproof" '95 lwb down in San Diego for me in August. Same one that sold for $27k on fleabay last month. I was gonna buy it for 6k. Funny thing is, it's not bulletproof anymore! Ebay seller, not the guy I was buying from but rather the restorer's rep, wasn't being straight with bidders. Front windshield and driver's window had been broken and replaced with non ballistic glass, but the seller referred to all the armoring as original from work done. I know as I had tried to get bids on replacing them from Texas Armoring Corp. but all molds destroyed, fab was cost prohibitive, and the glass was NLA. I kinda reported him to try to help bidders be aware. The restoration could have poly-lammed the glass, but it wouldn't be to spec. Might stop really small arms fire. Maybe. Thanks again, Josh!
Hey this just popped back on eBay. Still marketed as bulletproof.

Item 221759847464
__________________
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
1995, 95, lwb

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: 25th Anniversary LWB (urgent opportunity) rrinsma For Sale - Vehicles 14 August 10th, 2015 02:48 PM
25th Anniversary Classic 1995 CL CDeWan The Flea Market 0 May 2nd, 2013 03:32 AM
1995 Range Rover 25th Anniversary RoverDude For Sale - Vehicles 6 September 29th, 2010 04:56 PM
Rok-Park, Saturday July 25th. Lyman Trips, Trails and Events 3 July 20th, 2009 01:52 PM
NOVA wheeling: Dry River Sunday 25th cgalpin Trips, Trails and Events 5 July 25th, 2008 06:58 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Copyright