Wrap around Soft Bumper - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old October 9th, 2008, 01:17 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Wrap around Soft Bumper

Looking for the following bumper and headlight surronds: VUB501760. Any one have one that they want to part with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 9th, 2008, 05:38 PM
61rover
John Crouse
'93 NAS D110 (#8) / '61 Series II

Registry
Brushbar

I have one. PM me.
Old October 9th, 2008, 06:12 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I just gotta know - whats your fascination with that bumper anyway? Just want to make it more comfortable for pedestrians you run over?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 9th, 2008, 07:36 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Jim,
I don't know I am a dip_hit when it comes to my truck. it makes about as much sense as the LRX grill in the front.

Hey...but on a good note, this past weekend I did do some justifcation for the LRX front grill. The headlight surronds that come with the grill have vents in between the parking lights (which we all know that is where the horns go for certain models) and so not like you boys on the east coast who have the luxury of wading through streams, ponds, lakes, I am pretty much in a mudless climate so I took a 3 inch hole saw to the headlight mount sheetmetal and turned those lourvers into an actual function part of the vehicle. The holes and vents now have ducting behind them to both direct cooler air into the engine bay. .

I think the bumper looks goods and there is no justification in taste even if it is bad hee hee.

Follow-up Post:

Jim,
Also, your mail box is full but can I get a total from you for the paint so I can paypal?
Old October 9th, 2008, 08:05 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I wasn't trying to force a bout of self-flagellation, just wanted to know about that bumper because you've been seeking it for so long.

And I wont know a total for the paint until I get the shipping labels made. I still need your address too.

Follow-up Post:

Oh, and my inbox is cleared out now, but people have been filling it right back up...

Old October 9th, 2008, 09:03 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Jim,
I know, no offense taken at all. NO WORRIES. Besides a bout a self flagellation is not a bad think just smelly sometimes, just ask the wife (o...TMI). I will most likely end up buying one, having it a couple of years than selling it when the novelty wears off . I sent my address too and thanks again for ordering up those cans.
Clay
Old October 9th, 2008, 09:09 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Did you paint your hard top or did you buy my old one from some guy?

Old October 9th, 2008, 09:31 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Not sure I know Some-guy is he on the board?,
And here I thought I would be first to come up with an original idea of painting the hard top the same color as the truck....just goes to prove I am a newbie in the D-90 world..sad day .
I purchased the puzzle from Eddie at West Coast Rovers had, the glass repaired, had the inside sprayed with sound deadening and then a white overcoat so it is nice and bright inside and the outside in AA yellow. I would not advise anyone to buy one that has got a bunch of cracks in it -supper pain in the rear to get it fixed. Took me 2 body shops and over year to get it back as one guy had it for about 9 months and eventually came to the conclusion that is ways more work than what he wanted to do.
I am currently running a fast back top on the truck. While I am babbling - I also purchased about 2 years ago a military top out of the U.K. for about $150 (green) and had it modified to fit the 94. It is a great top to have as a trail top as you can roll back the front like the original tickfords to open up the cab. Hard top only goes on in winter.
Old July 16th, 2010, 03:13 AM
knab
Brandon Donald
97 ST, few RRCs, P38 HSE

I'd be interested in one of these too, if anyone has one for sale. No interest in having an ROW looking truck... simply concerned about the safety any pedestrians that I run over. Seriously though, if anyone has one for sale, let me know. Thanks.
Old July 16th, 2010, 04:53 PM
knab
Brandon Donald
97 ST, few RRCs, P38 HSE

I found what I was looking for in the post above...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
bumper