Wolf PVC soft top - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old June 20th, 2015, 07:26 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Wolf PVC soft top

Looking for a PVC soft top for a Wolf/Tithonus roll cage, shipped to 98407 (business). Let me know what you have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 25th, 2015, 01:54 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Bump. Surely one of the rebuilders here has imported a Tithonus and replaced the MOD soft top with something else.

/
/
/
/
Old June 25th, 2015, 07:09 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Looking for one, or anything, as well- after Chris obviously.

Chris- have you decided against shortening the cage? Also, have you considered add a hoop system under the cage, and add sleeves for the cage to pass through, similar to the B hoop on a NAS? That would make the cage an exocage so to speak- thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 25th, 2015, 09:32 AM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

I have an extra one in stock at the moment and have a few more in the U.K. Brand new and custom ordered with side windows.

Dale is first in line , as he recently purchased a Tithonus from me and inquired about a soft top.

Old June 25th, 2015, 09:53 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Couldn't Dale just take it off the truck he had on eBay or was that the hard top one
Old June 25th, 2015, 10:00 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

I found one. Thanks all. I was looking for one with the standard blanked-out sides. Sourced an Exmoor in the UK.

/
/
/
/
Old June 25th, 2015, 10:10 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertrader View Post
Looking for one, or anything, as well- after Chris obviously.

Chris- have you decided against shortening the cage? Also, have you considered add a hoop system under the cage, and add sleeves for the cage to pass through, similar to the B hoop on a NAS? That would make the cage an exocage so to speak- thoughts?
I decided against shortening because I don't care much for the X-bars over the tub bulkhead. I'm headed out to the desert for a few weeks and needed some kind of soft top quickly and didn't have time to do the full cage the way I want to.

Eventual plan is to have a low cage built up to pattern the hoop set but still connect to the front cage where it comes back over the tops of the doors and meets the bulkhead part. I recently scored some super-rare Genuine "clip, SLR" mounts so I can mount my L1A1 on the bulkhead once the X-bars are gone.

/
/
/
/
Old June 25th, 2015, 10:25 AM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
I found one. Thanks all. I was looking for one with the standard blanked-out sides. Sourced an Exmoor in the UK.
Chris, I don't think Exmoor Tops will fit a Tithonus.

Old June 25th, 2015, 10:30 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
I'm headed out to the desert for a few weeks and needed some kind of soft top quickly and didn't have time to do the full cage the way I want to.
Do you need a full top? You could always just do a bikini or half cab if you don't need the whole thing for the trip.
Old June 25th, 2015, 12:29 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCAT110 View Post
Chris, I don't think Exmoor Tops will fit a Tithonus.
They make a Wolf-specific top that's supposed to fit:

Hoods : WOLF HOODS

Have you heard otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Do you need a full top? You could always just do a bikini or half cab if you don't need the whole thing for the trip.
No, a bikini would probably be okay but the shape of the Tithonus roll cage is different. The added height creates a different shape for the part that sits over the cab.

/
/
/
/
Old June 25th, 2015, 12:36 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:

No, a bikini would probably be okay but the shape of the Tithonus roll cage is different. The added height creates a different shape for the part that sits over the cab.
Yeah I meant a bikini with straps would work in a pinch since they're fairly versatile. The material provided for the actual bikini should be enough to cover the cabin (even for a Tithonus), and if not then it wouldn't be by much...but would still be enough to provide plenty of shade for the cabin.
Old June 25th, 2015, 12:37 PM
rovertrader
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Couldn't Dale just take it off the truck he had on eBay or was that the hard top one
Hardtop, in fact both of mine are HT, hence the need for a s/t kit.

Thanks Ken, keep me posted.

Chris, I am still thinking the whole cage alteration through, but had not heard of the Exmoor option....

Old June 25th, 2015, 03:57 PM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

Quote:
They make a Wolf-specific top that's supposed to fit:

Hoods : WOLF HOODS

Have you heard otherwise?

I don't see the roll cage on the trucks in the pics. Also, we sent Exmoor a brand new 110 Tithonus top about a year and a half ago so they could make a pattern. They said they needed to take apart my top to do so. We declined and asked for it back. With that said , it has yet to be returned to us.

Old June 25th, 2015, 04:31 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Didn't Pablo Cocito just fit a standard 110 soft top to his tithonus with minor modification ?

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...tml#post649299

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old June 25th, 2015, 05:14 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Didn't Pablo Cocito just fit a standard 110 soft top to his tithonus with minor modification ?

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...tml#post649299
That's the approach that Dale and I have been chatting about. It's a pretty good way to do it if you're otherwise happy with the Tithonus cage. It's just not an option for me because the x-bars get in the way of a gun rack. Sleeping in the truck is also an issue. I'm tall and I would need to make a little extension of my sleeping platform to fit my feet forward of the bulkhead but it's just not possible with the x-bars.

/
/
/
/
Old June 25th, 2015, 07:06 PM
rovertrader
Dale

Also, if a 'subframe' could be fitted allowing the cage to remain, it could become an exocage above the roof, allowing for rack attachment. Just new parameters to play with on the erector set.

Got confirmation the Wolf Exmoor will NOT fit Tithonus, sorry.

Old June 25th, 2015, 10:07 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertrader View Post
Got confirmation the Wolf Exmoor will NOT fit Tithonus, sorry.
Is there a particular reason why? I just dropped the coin to airfreight one in. People on the Tithonus/Wolf group on Facebook are saying that the cages are identical.

The only difference I see is the tube that comes from the front windscreen rollcage, above the door, and then screws into the main rollcage about 9" behind and just above the doors. I figured that I would cut a keyhole out of the top to slide it over the connection between the cages, similar to how a NAS stop top does it.

/
/
/
/
Old June 25th, 2015, 10:31 PM
rovertrader
Dale

Quote:
Is there a particular reason why? I just dropped the coin to airfreight one in. People on the Tithonus/Wolf group on Facebook are saying that the cages are identical.

The only difference I see is the tube that comes from the front windscreen rollcage, above the door, and then screws into the main rollcage about 9" behind and just above the doors. I figured that I would cut a keyhole out of the top to slide it over the connection between the cages, similar to how a NAS stop top does it.
Chris, we are away on vacation, but I did get to talk to RN, and they checked with Exmoor to find out. Sadly I didn't get the why, sorry

Old June 25th, 2015, 11:21 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Maybe Zack can chime in.

/
/
/
/
Old June 26th, 2015, 08:59 AM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
My research has led me to this. The Wolf and the Tithonus are identical except the front exo cage. My understanding is that there wasn't a top made for the Tithonus, it was a Wolf top that was manipulated to fit the Tithonus. I spoke to the manufacture and that is what they told me. I followed what they told me to do and it worked out fine. The cutting of the top is a hard thing to swallow.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
soft top, top