Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old July 5th, 2015, 01:12 PM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertrader View Post
Ken, are you in Florida or up north? We are in Satellite Bch and can run down to grab the top- lets chat tomorrow.
Thanks
Hey Dale,

I am down south. Sat. Beach is a great piece of Old Florida. You are welcome to come down for the top. Have lots of other bits too you may be interested in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 5th, 2015, 01:18 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCAT110 View Post
Hey Dale,

I am down south. Sat. Beach is a great piece of Old Florida. You are welcome to come down for the top. Have lots of other bits too you may be interested in.
Thanks- thats what scares me ;-) I'll touch base and coordinate schedules.

We love it here-we're all involved with Turtle Preservation Society, Eli surfs, and Eva Grace just did science camp building class G powered rocket- very cool stuff!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 5th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Dale's hooked....

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 5th, 2015, 01:32 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Ken doesn't need any help Chris!!

Old July 5th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
I don't get the no side window thing. The first batch of tops we ordered had no side windows. It was like a tunnel back there. Down right dangerous. We had side windows installed. This new batch was custom ordered with them.
I have gone the other way - windows on my first hood and ordered without windows on the latest one. Windows get scratched, hazed, and yellowed easily and eventually become useless - I believe that Chris plans to get around the visibility issue by rolling the sides up when weather permits - easier again without windows.
Old July 6th, 2015, 12:54 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
I don't get the no side window thing. The first batch of tops we ordered had no side windows. It was like a tunnel back there. Down right dangerous. We had side windows installed. This new batch was custom ordered with them .

I am sure you have very good reasons as to why you did not want side windows, Chris. Would love to hear it.
I much prefer a vanside with no windows. Most of my trips are to the desert and I like to sleep in the back of the truck. The blanked-out sides keep it dark and give me a extra sleepytime before it becomes an oven. Lots of vehicles drive without rear/side windows--every semi on the highway! It was very tough at first but you get good at using the side mirrors and becomes normal after a while. I wish I would have had time to custom-order the top--I would have had it blanked, too.

/
/
/
/
Old March 7th, 2016, 05:00 PM
Mike.Williams
Steven Williams
1987 Defender 110

Soft Top

I would like to know where you can get a soft top to fit the Tithonus roll cage as I am understanding that Exmoor does not make one at this time. I just got a 1987 Defender 110 Tithonus and need a new top for it. Windows preferable.

You guys seem to be quite knowledgeable on the subject.

Any advice on this?

Thanks//Mike
Old March 7th, 2016, 05:04 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I need two as well. One tan one grey, both with windows

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old March 7th, 2016, 05:28 PM
WBSurfer
Chris
1995 RRC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
I need two as well. One tan one grey, both with windows
If you find grey with windows then I'd be interested in one of those as well. I've only seen olive and tan with windows.
Old March 7th, 2016, 06:27 PM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
These people can do whatever you want.
http://www.trim-technology.com/markets/military/

------ Follow up post added March 7th, 2016 06:28 PM ------

Trim technology can do whatever you need.
Old March 7th, 2016, 07:15 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Williams View Post
I would like to know where you can get a soft top to fit the Tithonus roll cage as I am understanding that Exmoor does not make one at this time. I just got a 1987 Defender 110 Tithonus and need a new top for it. Windows preferable.

You guys seem to be quite knowledgeable on the subject.

Any advice on this?

Thanks//Mike
Call Brian Hall at Defenders NW. He can get you everything you need. Also, re-read this thread--it has all the details. Exmoor doesn't claim Tithonus compatibility with the Wolf 110 PVC top but it fits just fine. You just have to make a quick and easy modification to pass the B-pillar bolt through the top. This top is bomber.

------ Follow up post added March 7th, 2016 06:17 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarguy View Post
These people can do whatever you want.
Military – Trim Technology

------ Follow up post added March 7th, 2016 06:28 PM ------

Trim technology can do whatever you need.
Those tops look identical to what Exmoor sold me. Exmoor may very well be buying them from TT.

As for windows, the top is PVC. If the manufacturer won't add windows, any good tent and awning shop probably can.

/
/
/
/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
soft top, top