wiring harness - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old December 3rd, 2009, 12:52 PM
41gpaws
Adison Colin

wiring harness

I am in the process of selling my 95 defender becasue I can't locate the main harness to get it put back together after an engine fire, can anybody help with the complete harness? 702-768-9972 or email me at colshlby65@aol.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 3rd, 2009, 12:53 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Just use the harness out of a Range Rover Classic or Disco I.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:04 PM
41gpaws
Adison Colin

Do these two vehicles you mentioned have the same fuse box?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:14 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Adison if it helps, I put a disco 1 motor into my D90 and the D90 harness mated up without a problem (same connectors etc). So the reverse should be true - the disco 1 harness should work fine for your D90. The harness is pretty simple anyway. Not sure about the fuse boxes - is yours ruined?
Old December 3rd, 2009, 02:30 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Adison,
There is a complete harness on ebay currently. Might be for a 97 though....not sure but you can try them or give George and Roversdownsouth a call.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 04:20 PM
41gpaws
Adison Colin

Thank you for the help, george reffered me to this site. What I am wondering is that the wires might connect to the engine but will the other end mate into the fuse box easily? George at rvdownsouth has the fuse box repair kit. I appreciate all the help guys. I am new to the defender and I am hooked already.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 04:30 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

What is burned exactly? Are you talking about the fuse box on the inside or the one with the big fuses on the bulkhead? Pics speak volumes.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 04:45 PM
41gpaws
Adison Colin

How can I post a picture. The fire was in the engine compt. and spread to the dash and melted the harness at the fusse box towards the steering wheel.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 05:18 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41gpaws
How can I post a picture. The fire was in the engine compt. and spread to the dash and melted the harness at the fusse box towards the steering wheel.
That one sounds like the one inside the engine compartment which would be a piece of cake to interface to.

But to answer your question, click the "Go Advanced" button instead of just doing a quick post below. Then click manage attackments and you'll see where you can browse for the image on your computer and upload them. If you have trouble with the size (they have to be no bigger than 1024x1024 iirc, then send them to me and I'll post them.

pictureResizer@lhsw.com

charles
Old December 4th, 2009, 05:25 AM
jetmech
Dave McHenry
1984 Landrover 90 CSW

Try Autosparks in the UK thay might have or custom make one for you.

http://www.autosparks.co.uk/index.ph...6eee9ld97gqsm2
Old December 9th, 2009, 01:20 PM
41gpaws
Adison Colin

Thank you for the help. Autosparks looks to be able to help me but I have one question would the harness from a right hand drive work on my left hand drive defender? My other question is is the main harness the one that connects into the fuse box?
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:07 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
The main harness is the one that goes through the bulkhead and is connected to the fusebox by the tunnel. You have a pre-97 truck, so you will use the older style harness that has the headlight leads integrated into it. I assume both your main harness and your engine harness are burned? We definitely need pix, sorry you're not closer.

Old December 9th, 2009, 05:26 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I still have the one out of JimC's 1995 D90, but you will have to come up with a really good offer on it as I don't want to sell it.

Ron

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
wiring