Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old December 3rd, 2006, 05:51 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Wanted: SW Roll Cage RH "horn" or POE "horns"

Looking for the piece above the window for the right side of a SW roll cage, or a POE top. I'll take both sides of the POE parts if anyone has those, or the RH SW part.

Thanks01
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 3rd, 2006, 09:01 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I have a complete NAS SW roll cage from my 97 sitting up at Tonys but cant for the life of me figure out what you are looking for.. what are theses "horns"?

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old December 3rd, 2006, 09:52 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Hey Chris - The easiest answer to my dillema is buying your SW roll cage - I just didnt figure anyone would have a complete set-up sitting around. If you want to sell the cage and dont want my first-born for it, I'd be game.

By complete do you mean interior and exterior?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:23 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Yes its totally complete, all exterior and interior parts including the rear supports and jump seat supports, pads, including a new set of the underside x-body mounting bars and the supports for under the front wings.

When I received the Safety Devices full external roll cage, it comes complete with every part you would need to install the cage on a non-NAS truck but on a NAS truck you already have the underside mounts and the front supports (so these are brand new). The install of the full external cage on a NAS D90 requires the complete removal of the existing internal and external system. We took a million pictures of the removal. Let me dig up the link.

PM me a non-first born offer but I need to say I have it on the table to someone else who is currently getting some other stuff for me but I should know in the next day or so. So if they are going to pass on it I will be looking to move it.

Before anyone else asks, no I wont break it out at moment.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:24 PM
Gkase
George Kase
1983 110 200Tdi CSW LHD

Jim,
let me caution you that the cage pieces that bolt to the hardtop SW and the pieces that bolt to the hardtop of the POE are not the same...the POE pieces are shorter than the SW pieces...close study of the front cages of 94 and 95 model cages will reveal the truth...at least that is what I have found
George
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:31 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Hey George - I realize what you are talking about is the case, and my plan was to shorten the pieces. Problem remains though that the POE cag bolts to the top (and thats all!) at an angle. Having not seen one in person, I dont know if I could deal with that.
Old December 4th, 2006, 06:40 AM
Gkase
George Kase
1983 110 200Tdi CSW LHD

Jim,
that's what I am considering doing to finish off my SW to POE conversion project (shortening a pair of SW pieces)...but first I'm going to see if I can have the pieces fabricated so I don't sacrifice the SW pieces ($350 each)...by the way what do you mean by at an angle? I used to own a POE and the pieces are the same except for length...no?
Old December 5th, 2006, 11:37 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

"Having not seen one in person, I dont know if I could deal with that."

It does not look bad. Whether it is safe or not is another matter entirely.

The ST cage (as on a POE) is 1in lower in the front than the SW cage. Ergo, the thing that bolts to the top on a POE is slightly angled up.
Old December 5th, 2006, 03:35 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Fortunately, the question is now moot - since CvC and I were able to reach an agreement on his SW cage.

Incidentally, I did some measuring on a local SW, and the horizontal bar is clearly higher, but the SW hoop isnt exactly 1" different in one particular dimension. Rather, it differs in more than one suble way. The hoop is slightly higher, and the horizontal bar is welded on higer up on the hoop.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
cage, horn