Wanted: Stock Radio for 1997 NAS D90 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 6th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Steve Bartley
1997 SW #160
Wanted: Stock Radio for 1997 NAS D90

Not sure what is going on with mine, the screen lights up but the display went caddywhompus.

I realize there are better units out there- but I don't want to chop up the wiring and connectors so is rather keep it stock.

Please send a message if you have one available.

Steve B-
Otterberg, Germany
"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers and warriors."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Old August 6th, 2014, 07:02 AM
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi
I feel your pain. Mine is intermittent and it is always worse when it is raining. It eventually comes back to life, just like my blinking odometer. Others here have had better results than I have with Roverville. In my case they did not fixed the problem and I have a 97 as well. I would like to keep it stock inside so eventually I might bite the bullet and buy a new one.

Old August 6th, 2014, 07:19 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW
pm sent
Old August 6th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Robert Davis
We have a stock one complete with cassette player from the same era, has the LR logo on it.
If you pay the shipping and donate another $25 to Will for his community legal efforts, then you can have it.

I say we start a surplus parts donation thread with buyer paying shipping and sales proceeds go to help pay Will's expenses.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)
Old August 6th, 2014, 07:56 AM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130
They do make an adaptor harness that allows you to plug into the factory harness without cutting it.. And then you can put whatever stereo you want in.. You could even step into this center and have an aux plug or usb stereo..or... Shock horror.. Have a remote control one so you don't have to keep reaching in between the seats to adjust volume etc.. Or even Bluetooth... Keep your stock one for the aficionados..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted