Wanted NAS D90 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old July 9th, 2016, 07:46 PM
popeohana's Avatar
popeohana
Status: Offline
Jeremy
94 Arles ST
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 295
Registry
Wanted NAS D90

Hi, I am a previous Defender owner looking to get back into an NAS D90. I have been monitoring the usual sites, but haven't been able to find the right truck so thought I would post up here. I am looking for a good condition 94 or 95 (manual transmission) NAS soft top, rust free, good mechanically and cosmetically, prefer stock cofiguration. Color preference is Blue or Green, but would consider other colors. If you have or know of something that may fit the bill, please send me a message. Thank you, Wilson.

Edited to add - budget around $40k, but could go a bit above depending on condition, miles, etc.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old July 11th, 2016, 12:32 PM
1of40's Avatar
1of40
Status: Offline
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Potomac Falls & Wintergreen, Virginia
Posts: 5,675
Registry
I have a good friend looking for the same thing. Prices are well north of that as you know. He's so pissed he didn't pull the trigger last year when the same trucks were in the low to mid $30's.

I told him to get his pennies lined up and ready to launch if/when hits the market or just pony up the cash for what you want and play the float. The cost of borrowing money is less than the appreciation, especially with home equity or a 401k loan.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old July 11th, 2016, 12:36 PM
Chip's Avatar
Chip
Status: Offline
Andrew
1994 NAS Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Fairview, Oregon
Posts: 1,354
I don't know if it's still available, but here's a red 95 NAS ST that looks pretty nice in WA for $40k.

1995 Land Rover Defender 90 4WD
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old July 11th, 2016, 12:55 PM
javelinadave
Status: Offline
-
-
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: -
Posts: 5,394
Why did the hipster burn his tongue when he drank his coffee?

Because he drank it before it was cool.


Prices usually dip in the fall/winter months when it isn't hip to be cruising around in a Defender. Summer prices are always at a premium.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old July 11th, 2016, 01:02 PM
bjf's Avatar
bjf
Status: Offline
barry f
94 ST #395
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by popeohana View Post
Hi, I am a previous Defender owner looking to get back into an NAS D90. I have been monitoring the usual sites, but haven't been able to find the right truck so thought I would post up here. I am looking for a good condition 94 or 95 (manual transmission) NAS soft top, rust free, good mechanically and cosmetically, prefer stock cofiguration. Color preference is Blue or Green, but would consider other colors. If you have or know of something that may fit the bill, please send me a message. Thank you, Wilson. Edited to add - budget around $40k, but could go a bit above depending on condition, miles, etc.
I thought you had a black one now.
__________________
Quote:
Are there shocks that I can addjust up and down like my friends LX460? That would be very cool!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old July 11th, 2016, 01:50 PM
lithium1330's Avatar
lithium1330
Status: Offline
Chris
'97 SW NAS 4.6
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 287
Registry
1995 Arles Blue SW in SF Bay Area... 70k miles for $46k.
It was listed at 50k few weeks back. Surprised it hasn't sold.
Hopefully, not a scam.

1995 Defender 90 Landrover

Click image for larger version

Name:	D90Blue.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	153564
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old July 11th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Himalaya's Avatar
Himalaya
Status: Offline
Mark WS
1995 Nas, 86 D110, 97 Hummer H1
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: HHI S.C.
Posts: 1,094
Perfect 94 NAS chassis, clear title, axles (missing diffs)
used 3.9 V8 engine.
Some parts of wiring harness are missing.
Brand new Puma body (white) that still in the wrapping.
Includes NTO wings, puma bonnet, ext rad panel, puma doors glazed, NAS ST cage- some parts are missing.
perfect Arles blue NAS bulkhead with brake booster and heater. The VIN is in place.
New black and brown diamond pattern leather seats front and rear (forward facing)
Wheels and tires on the axles are the OEM. No rash.

Yes its a project in pieces. Make me an offer.

This was going to have an LS engine. No longer interested.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old July 11th, 2016, 03:23 PM
kurtisblo's Avatar
kurtisblo
Status: Offline
Kurt
1991 Defender 110, LHD 200TDI
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Francisco, California, USA
Posts: 266
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by lithium1330 View Post
1995 Arles Blue SW in SF Bay Area... 70k miles for $46k. It was listed at 50k few weeks back. Surprised it hasn't sold. Hopefully, not a scam. 1995 Defender 90 Landrover
my friend went to look at it. He said it looked very clean
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old July 11th, 2016, 03:31 PM
lithium1330's Avatar
lithium1330
Status: Offline
Chris
'97 SW NAS 4.6
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 287
Registry
That's good to get confirm it's a real deal.
Considering other trucks on the market, this AR 95 is a good deal.
If i didn't buy my 97 earlier this year, with 2x the miles as this one, I'd make an offer in it.
No brainier.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old July 11th, 2016, 05:35 PM
popeohana's Avatar
popeohana
Status: Offline
Jeremy
94 Arles ST
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 295
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
I thought you had a black one now.
Not me, haven't had a black one...yet. ------ Follow up post added July 11th, 2016 06:36 PM ------
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtisblo View Post
my friend went to look at it. He said it looked very clean
Any chance you can put me in touch with your friend? I have been in contact with then seller, looks good, but wouldn't mind getting someone else's impression.

Anyone else in SF feel like going check out at a Defender?

------ Follow up post added July 11th, 2016 06:37 PM ------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himalaya View Post
Perfect 94 NAS chassis, clear title, axles (missing diffs) used 3.9 V8 engine. Some parts of wiring harness are missing. Brand new Puma body (white) that still in the wrapping. Includes NTO wings, puma bonnet, ext rad panel, puma doors glazed, NAS ST cage- some parts are missing. perfect Arles blue NAS bulkhead with brake booster and heater. The VIN is in place. New black and brown diamond pattern leather seats front and rear (forward facing) Wheels and tires on the axles are the OEM. No rash. Yes its a project in pieces. Make me an offer. This was going to have an LS engine. No longer interested.
Thanks for the offer, but this sound like an awful lot of work.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old July 24th, 2016, 03:40 PM
popeohana's Avatar
popeohana
Status: Offline
Jeremy
94 Arles ST
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 295
Registry
Still looking.

Wanting a good condition 94 or 95 soft top, Arles, Coniston, Portifino, preferred but would consider others. Would also consider Arles or Willow (LE) hardtop. Not interested in projects at this time. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old July 24th, 2016, 03:50 PM
Arcadeus's Avatar
Arcadeus
Status: Offline
Mark Bichin
97 NAS Station Wagon LE
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,209
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by popeohana View Post
Still looking. Wanting a good condition 94 or 95 soft top, Arles, Coniston, Portifino, preferred but would consider others. Would also consider Arles or Willow (LE) hardtop. Not interested in projects at this time. Thanks.
I'm sure you probably know this but all LE models are 97 automatics unless someone was playing with them.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old July 24th, 2016, 04:09 PM
popeohana's Avatar
popeohana
Status: Offline
Jeremy
94 Arles ST
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 295
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadeus View Post
I'm sure you probably know this but all LE models are 97 automatics unless someone was playing with them.
Yes, I know, but have always wanted an LE. I looked at one new in 97 but didn't buy it...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old July 24th, 2016, 05:37 PM
Arcadeus's Avatar
Arcadeus
Status: Offline
Mark Bichin
97 NAS Station Wagon LE
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,209
Registry
Ahh I get it. When they first came out in 94 all I could afford was the magazine with a defender on the cover. Hope you find one that makes you happy!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old July 24th, 2016, 07:27 PM
popeohana's Avatar
popeohana
Status: Offline
Jeremy
94 Arles ST
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 295
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadeus View Post
Ahh I get it. When they first came out in 94 all I could afford was the magazine with a defender on the cover. Hope you find one that makes you happy!
I looked at an LE in 97 brand new and decided I wouldn't pay $30k+ for a truck. Little did I know the same truck would fetch double that 20+ years later.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old July 24th, 2016, 08:12 PM
D90Overkill's Avatar
D90Overkill
Status: Offline
David Frank
1995 ST #2615
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Napa, CA. United States
Posts: 4,562
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by popeohana View Post
Anyone else in SF feel like going check out at a Defender?
There are plenty of guys in the city that could probably do it, but I believe I'll be there on Wednesday. Just let me know.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old July 24th, 2016, 11:11 PM
lithium1330's Avatar
lithium1330
Status: Offline
Chris
'97 SW NAS 4.6
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 287
Registry
looks like the 95 Arles is gone from CL.

There are a few trucks on ebay... one LE has BIN for 47.9k.
Most on ebay are selling in the 40's. Except, for the low mileage yellow ST that I posted about, it sold within a few hours (maybe minutes) with BIN of $36k.

Good luck with search!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old July 25th, 2016, 04:57 AM
popeohana's Avatar
popeohana
Status: Offline
Jeremy
94 Arles ST
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 295
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by lithium1330 View Post
looks like the 95 Arles is gone from CL. There are a few trucks on ebay... one LE has BIN for 47.9k. Most on ebay are selling in the 40's. Except, for the low mileage yellow ST that I posted about, it sold within a few hours (maybe minutes) with BIN of $36k. Good luck with search!
I communicated with the seller of the Arles in CA when it was listed for $50k. I missed the price drop.

The majority of the trucks on EBay have BIN prices (well) above $50k. I just don't see much moving though. Many appear to run full auction duration without meeting reserve and relisting at the same price.

I just need to be patient and diligent and another one like that yellow soft top will show up. Thanks for the input!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old July 25th, 2016, 09:12 AM
El Solis's Avatar
El Solis
Status: Offline
Chris Solis
Camel Trophy 110 sorta :)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Livermore, CA USA
Posts: 523
This one seems well sorted. https://www.ebay.com/itm/232009029596
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old July 25th, 2016, 07:24 PM
popeohana's Avatar
popeohana
Status: Offline
Jeremy
94 Arles ST
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 295
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Solis View Post
This one seems well sorted. https://www.ebay.com/itm/232009029596
Thanks, I have seem this one, looks,like a pretty nice truck. A bit too modified for my taste. This looks off-road ready, I prefer as close to stock as possible.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
90, d90, nas, wanted

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1997 NAS D90 Y-Pipe (ESR4106) on a 1995 NAS D90?? RobTheGob Defender Technical Discussions 4 January 11th, 2016 05:06 PM
NAS D90 :: 1994 Land Rover NAS D90 Sned Defender & Series Truck Registry 0 April 27th, 2014 11:55 AM
Wanted - NAS Rear Complete Lamps for '93 NAS 110 EStocks Wanted 1 October 24th, 2011 11:50 AM
WANTED: 1997 NAS D90 AC system parts ECR Wanted 4 April 15th, 2008 09:01 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 AM.


Copyright