Wanted 19j 2.5td - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old June 20th, 2015, 07:50 PM
asif k.

Wanted 19j 2.5td

If anyone is upgrading their imported ROW defender to a tdi or V8 you are likely left with this engine, I need one. I am an importer and my defender needs an engine as I don't want to sell with a bad engine. This is in the Virginia area for reference. Thanks.

I should add one thats in decent shape, no point replacing one bad engine with another.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 21st, 2015, 12:21 AM
javelinadave
-
-

A 12J (2.5L NA Diesel) will bolt right in too and are probably more common than a 19J. They are only 10hp less and no turbo to fail.
Old June 21st, 2015, 10:24 AM
asif k.

The logical thing to do would be a tdi or V8. A tdi will cost at least 3k to source in the US making it expensive for something I am going to sell on, the V8 would be about half that but don't know whats needed to mate to the gearbox on an 88 ROW 90.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 21st, 2015, 05:19 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
FYI. There's a lot involved in a TDI install. Just ask those that do it for a living. Don't try to piece together sound bites from guys that don't do these swaps often enough to know. Especially if you don't have weeks of spare time and need to outsource the labor. In addition to the initial purchase of the engine there are a number of things you should consider doing, such as timing belt, tensioners, belts, hoses, seals, gaskets, clutch, etc. assuming rad, intercooler, starter, alternator and other parts are up to snuff. Many 20 year old engines simply aren't and is probably why the engine is for sale in the first place. The parts lists adds up incredibly fast and shop time flies by very quickly. Point is there's no cheap easy fix and you should really put a budget together before pulling a trigger.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
wanted