Wanted: 1995 d90 sw - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old March 10th, 2013, 12:02 PM
mhwolf
mark h wolfson
1995 D90 SW Conniston Green

Wanted: 1995 d90 sw

I am a private party looking to pay top dollar for a low miles, clean above model to keep long term (not white color). I will also consider a soft top. Clean means well kept, no rust. Call mark, 206-715-6306, seattle area. Thank you for your consideration. I have been looking for some time and have been very disappointed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 10th, 2013, 12:34 PM
kylesrover
Kyle
97 D90 ST #1018

Hey Mark, welcome to the board. The guys on here find just about every D90 for sale throughout the country. I know the feeling on trying to find something rust free. I picked up a rust free 97 last month, but had to settle for highter miles to find one. I consider low miles on these under 100k. You might want to specify since everyone has a different idea on these.
Old March 10th, 2013, 02:01 PM
mhwolf
mark h wolfson
1995 D90 SW Conniston Green

Hi Kyle. I am already getting emails from 1994 owners. I will take each one on its merits. I was a long-time LR service advisor. Say, I do have one in mind but it has surface rust underneath the vehicle. I negotiated downward but I am miles away in Seattle, the veh is in Costa Mesa. What I want to know is, if I need to pay a body shop for taking care of surface rust only, no cutting out and welding of floor boards, battery boxes, how much would I typically spend to get rid of the rust? Its a hardtop with 45k on it. I look forward to your advice. I realize the final cost would be applied only after further sanding, but just want to get a general idea. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 10th, 2013, 05:51 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
User na78 has two trucks priced $50k+ here in the For Sale - Vehicles section. Both have under 25k miles and appear to have the minimal CA rust. Buy one of those if you're looking to pay top dollar.
Old March 10th, 2013, 11:00 PM
kylesrover
Kyle
97 D90 ST #1018

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhwolf View Post
Hi Kyle. I am already getting emails from 1994 owners. I will take each one on its merits. I was a long-time LR service advisor. Say, I do have one in mind but it has surface rust underneath the vehicle. I negotiated downward but I am miles away in Seattle, the veh is in Costa Mesa. What I want to know is, if I need to pay a body shop for taking care of surface rust only, no cutting out and welding of floor boards, battery boxes, how much would I typically spend to get rid of the rust? Its a hardtop with 45k on it. I look forward to your advice. I realize the final cost would be applied only after further sanding, but just want to get a general idea. Thanks.
Good question. I've never had underside work done so I can't say for sure. Seems like a pretty easy blast and spray though. Call West Coast Rovers wcr4x4.com and have them get ballpark idea from their paint guy. They are just down the road from Costa Mesa and a very well respected shop in the area.
Old March 11th, 2013, 04:08 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
For a truck that you just want a surface rust treatment on, I would go the waxoyl route. Here in Germany, I had it done on my new 110 to keep rust from even starting. The guy used CO2 blasting to clean everything perfectly, and then waxoyl'd the living daylights out of the underside, inside and out. I'm from Seattle and I think that would be all the rust prevention/protection you'd ever need up there.
BTW - the complete blast and wax cost me 700 Euro on a new vehicle. Not a comparison for sure, but maybe a guideline...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
1995, 90, 95, d90, wanted