Want to buy: 94 or 95 soft top - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old April 11th, 2012, 12:52 AM
scoutsout
Jason
NONE

Want to buy: 94 or 95 soft top

I'm looking to buy a 94 or 95 Soft top, with low miles (like everyone else in the country). I have a wish list, but when used car shopping for an exotic, that was produced in limited numbers its just that, "wishing".
-White, Blue, or Green
-As little rust as possible, hoping to not jump right into floor and door repairs just yet.
-maintenance history, mechanically sound
-stock truck(minor non-drivetrain/suspension mods ok)
-accident free history
-under 90k miles
-located eastern half of US, but will consider any location for the perfect one for me.
I'm sure you folks get the idea, i'm envisioning a $45k vehicle on a $30k budget. Again for the right vehicle im sure we can talk.
Jlocke403@yahoo.com

A little about me since its my first post:
I'm married to an amazing lady, and I have two kids under 3 who love adventures with their dad. They'd love it that much more in a Defender. I'm active duty living in Hawaii, so my father or brother on the mainland will be handling the transaction after we work out the details, and I give the go ahead. The truck will then have a two year vacation in Hawaii before returning to the South.

I've owned a few Land Cruisers, 80's and 100's, and since day one had always wished it was a D-90. My plan is to bring home a truck I can keep indefinately, im an automotive enthusiast and do all my own work, I won't let it go to hell.

I know there are a few folks on the forum who catch most of the good deals as a business and a hobby, but I thought it couldn't hurt to try.

Send me an email with the basics and your phone number and we can chat. I'm looking forward to joining the club!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 12th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Burke
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158

Registry
Welcome! You have come to the right place. These guys know all there is on D's. Good luck with your search.
Old April 12th, 2012, 08:23 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Let the addiction burn in slow... Welcome aboard.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 14th, 2012, 08:24 AM
rd10014
Ronnie
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Both sellers seem to be motivated.
http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/2951123353.html
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/2952466672.html
Old April 14th, 2012, 02:54 PM
scoutsout
Jason
NONE

Thank you for the welcome's guys. I've come accross those two in new york, I have no interest in the fastbacks without the full roll cage. I'm pretty convinced i've found every publically offered D90, and do a quick scrub of all the major sources every day.

I think I jumped aboard your forum about two months too late. I found at least 3 on the forum classifieds that were sold already in the last few months (I wish the titles could get updated to SOLD, so I don't get let down after reading 40 posts), that I would have snagged in a heart beat. I also called a couple from autotrader to find them sold. Hopefully if I'm patient another one will come up!
Old April 14th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Shawn
shawn Orth
1994 Defender 90

Registry
I have a friend in Atlanta who has a 94 White soft top who has been thinking about selling. email me at sorth@wmbob.com and I will pass you his information.
Old April 14th, 2012, 04:49 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Keep waiting and pounce. A ton come on the market at this time of year.
Old April 15th, 2012, 02:00 AM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Check the Karma of the truck as well. I bought mine with 260K on the clock for a great price and it was in excellent shape. The POs used nothing but synthetics and changed them faithfully. I am the dope who overheated the motor and turned it on its side (not at the same time).
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:02 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
And don't only check the For Sale - Vehicles, check the Flea Market on here as well. I posted a yellow ST the other day with 44k miles and at least one badger top, for $22k - it has already sold, and the seller included the whole cage with it. Screaming deal if it had a clean title, but you said you saw all public listings, so I'm sure you've already seen it.
Old April 15th, 2012, 09:01 AM
rd10014
Ronnie
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Keep waiting and pounce. A ton come on the market at this time of year.
"pounce", this is action is so true, I just went through it.
Old April 15th, 2012, 02:12 PM
scoutsout
Jason
NONE

I have emailed Shawn, crossing my fingers on his lead. Rijosho, I do quick nationwide craigslist searches, cars, autotrader, etc. I did see that one when it came out, i just can't do yellow. The yellow and red seem to pop up daily with low miles and low prices, as well as black.

Cdewan- you're right about the karma, I have seen sub 60k mile vehicles on the market that look pretty ragged, probably worse mechanically than your 260k.

Im ready to pounce, just looking for that right one to pop up! I've never been patient with car buying, so im confident it will pay off for me this time... (I hope) haha
Old May 4th, 2012, 01:57 AM
scoutsout
Jason
NONE

Sorry to bump this, my 2 and a half months of searching has come to an end. I bought a Jeep... Too much hastle bringing a 90 out here just to let it rust away. Ill ditch the wrangler on my way back home, so in two years ill be back to the mainland searching again for my White D90. Thanks for the help and PM's for those that did. See y'all in a couple years.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
95, soft top