Want a Project Truck - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old June 21st, 2005, 09:01 PM
Brent Nevin
Brent Nevin
95 st

Want a Project Truck

Any defender 90's out there that need some love and attention? my dad and i have fallen in love with d 90's and want one we could work on this summer. im hoping someone has one or knows of one that needs some work and would be willing to part with. Let me know. thank you much!
NevinB@cwu.edu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 21st, 2005, 09:32 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
If you just want a trail truck you can pick up ex-mod d90 200tdi's in BC.
Old June 22nd, 2005, 02:33 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
I've got a solid 94POE completley stock, used but not abused w/ 92K miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 22nd, 2005, 08:31 PM
Brent Nevin
Brent Nevin
95 st

What is the difference exactly with the POE and other 90's. is it just the internal cage that is different? did you have a price in mind? thanks
brent
Old June 23rd, 2005, 10:50 AM
DaveHuny
Van Der Waal
none

From the FAQ:

"The port of entry fit top was done as a test by Landrover to see if a kit to put a metal top onto a Defender could be practical. approximately 43 vehicles were converted at port. The idea was abandoned and the fiberglass top was subsequently developed instead. The POE top has sliding rear windows and alpine windows like the station wagon but there is no sunroof and instead of a one piece rear door, there is a sideswing tailgate with upper hatch. Some of the cars have a front headliner, some do not. the rest of the interior is untrimmed. the roll cage bolts to the upper brace in the top but there is no internal rollcage like the wagons have. Most or all of the cars went to dealers on the east coast as far as I can tell. There is a part number in the catalog for a front headlining but what came in was a headlining for a pickup cab. My project is to fit a complete interior and either a Safety Devices or station wagon roll cage. For now, I am just very glad to be rid of the soft top. I finally have the vehicle that I wanted to buy in 1994."

- Posted by Rob D. in the FAQ
Old June 23rd, 2005, 11:41 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Well said Dave. Worth mentioning isl the portion of roll cage that runs along floor (behind the seats) and stubs out right above the tub ridge. I think SD produces parts to continue that front hoop.
Old June 27th, 2005, 01:31 PM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

Brent,
Look to the newly posted white 94 in the Carolinas. Salvage title but...
The price is good.

Just an idea
Old June 27th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Brent Nevin
Brent Nevin
95 st

yea i was considering that, i dunno.im not too sure about having a 90 with a salvage title on it.
but then again trying to find one in my price range is frusterating, every one i call on is sold!
Old June 29th, 2005, 02:28 PM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

A LR or D specific?

There have been several LR on this site and E-Bay. Costs there are $3-15k so if a Defender is not 100% mandatory, and idea. Another is to turn to Canada (you are in WA so closer than many) and a 1980 or younger SIII. I posted the US gov regs on imports so that could work. Yet another - fly to the UK for a vacation ($1000.00), buy a SIII $3 - 8k), ship it back (??$10k) but for that amount you can get one here.

Salvage as a title is seemingly difficult. Guess the first stoip is your insurance agent, then the State transportation board to look into the difficulties, if any. If you go that way, I WOULD lay out the $500 or so for an official Land Rover all points inspection.

Good hunting

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted