Used set of badger door tops D-90 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old June 24th, 2008, 03:51 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Used set of badger door tops D-90

Looking for a used set of badger door tops (or other soft door top) for a soft top 94 d-90. I know....maybe I will find one in the land of ferries and elves but if any one has set to let go of, please let me know. None of the tops that I run have a gutter system (but I don't think that is a requirement for these). Thank you in advance.
Clay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 24th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Treuwer
Trae Reuwer
94 D90

It's not a requirement. I run them with a FDS half-cab. They're great, much better view than the sliding tops and somehow seem quieter too.

I'm not selling mine though, just letting you know they'll work for you and they rock.
Old June 26th, 2008, 01:39 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Trae,
Thank you.... I most likely will have to order a set new as who in their right mind would want to give up a set . I am hoping someone got nocked in the peanut and wants to part with a set
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 26th, 2008, 11:08 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Clay-

Did you get a price from Badger on these? I emailed them but haven't heard back. After seeing your post I searched for pics on their site and see what Trae means by better visibility and I wouldn't mind something quieter too.
Old June 27th, 2008, 01:07 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Don,
I called and I believe the qoute I received was around $550-$575 for a set. I was infromed that they do have a zipper that runs up one side, accross the top and down the side closest to the B Pillar. No zipper on the bottom. This was done so you could use the window during drive throughs etc but should not be down normally as the clear plastic will get scratched up.
Clay
Old June 27th, 2008, 02:23 PM
rmuller
Ryan
1966 S2a 88" | 2006 LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan
Don,
I called and I believe the qoute I received was around $550-$575 for a set. I was infromed that they do have a zipper that runs up one side, accross the top and down the side closest to the B Pillar. No zipper on the bottom. This was done so you could use the window during drive throughs etc but should not be down normally as the clear plastic will get scratched up.
Clay
On my old Jeep TJ, the soft windows had the 3/4 zipper as well, but you could roll up the window and tie it together.
1966 Series IIa "Olive"
2001 Discovery II
2006 LR3 HSE7

Past: 1994 Defender 90 #416, 2001 Discovery II
Old June 27th, 2008, 08:13 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Clay - Thanks for the info. It turns out I just got an email back from Chris @ Badger with some hi-res pics that help a lot. I was hoping to ditch the sliders as they are sort of a PITA. But Chris's product looks like the ticket for the warm months when the top is off most of the time - keep the door tops off and the Badger's in a bag for when you need to cut down on the wind or it's a bit cold outside.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 11:08 AM
atlawson
Tracy Lawson
94' d90

DON,

Could you email me the pictures so I can get a look at them also.

email is atlawson at hotmail dot com

Thanks
Tracy
Old July 2nd, 2008, 12:19 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Tracy-

Just sent them over. BTW, Chris has been great thur the email. They are a little more coin than I want to spend right now (read - other stuff I want to get done first ) but they look dialed and they will be on the 90 fiscal budget for 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlawson
DON,

Could you email me the pictures so I can get a look at them also.

email is atlawson at hotmail dot com

Thanks
Tracy
Old July 2nd, 2008, 04:51 PM
pcscharfe
pcdefender
D90/NAS 110

Question Pics

Hey Don,

Can I bug you for those pics as well? I'd love to see them up close.

Thanks!

Paul

paul (at) reflexivedesign (dot) com
Old July 2nd, 2008, 09:41 PM
atlawson
Tracy Lawson
94' d90

Don,

Thanks for getting those sent over! I really like them because of the ease of on and off...
I might have to agree with you and put that in the next year budget since I just got a new top from badger...oh and a full surrey top for a gutter kit on my list as well....

Paul I forwarded the email on to you....

Tracy
Old July 3rd, 2008, 08:41 AM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Thumbs up

Thumps up on the Bager door tops, I have them and love em!
Old July 3rd, 2008, 09:21 AM
rmuller
Ryan
1966 S2a 88" | 2006 LR3

Can someone forward them to me too? my username (at) gmail.com ... I'll put them up somewhere to host them so we dont have to keep forwarding them around
1966 Series IIa "Olive"
2001 Discovery II
2006 LR3 HSE7

Past: 1994 Defender 90 #416, 2001 Discovery II
Old July 3rd, 2008, 10:12 AM
JBOD77
Jonathan
1995 D90 ST Beluga Black

I just got my pair a couple of weeks ago.... with the badger surrey for the gutter kit with sunroof. Those door tops are the sh*t. Don't leave home without them. The glass tops are stored in my shed for the summer, I keep the fabric tops in the bag for when the mornings are too chilly or you catch a thunderstorm in the afternoon. Chris is always so helpful I can't get enough of their products. I'm like a kid in a candy store....a broke kid in a candy store. Those hi res photos don't do them ANY justice. They are SO MUCH nicer than that. Buy with confidence and enjoy....like the rest of their products!!!
Old July 3rd, 2008, 10:24 AM
pcscharfe
pcdefender
D90/NAS 110

Thanks Tracy!
Old July 3rd, 2008, 03:24 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Guys....thinking out load, we have a bunch of broke bastard myself included and an item that has a price point that is out of our range for this years accessory budget which I blew last year. Do you think if we did a group buy where Chris obtains the money up front, we could end up with a discount?
It may be good business idea for Chris (and Badger) as it will set a production run for xx number of prepaid orders and assist with the planning of the required materials. I would be up for prepurchasing a set at a favorable discounted. Now on the other hand that may upset a few of you who have bought them and paid full price which you can PM the hate mail if it the deal goes through. So for information gather purposes we would need to do is:
1. How many people would be interested and have the funds source to prepay
2. Next, what would we agree that we would be willing to pay for a set
3. Present the offer
4. See if we are countered
This is not intended to upset Chris (or Badger) but to have a win win situation.

Any thoughts?
Old July 3rd, 2008, 03:32 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
My thoughts are, contact Chris directly and see if he would entertain the idea! He would be the one to decide first if he's willing and how many people it would take to get it at a price point he is comfortable with. I'm sure it isn't meant to, but it sure comes off like you're obligating him.

Good luck!
Old July 3rd, 2008, 05:28 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Your right, it does sound a bit coup-ish. I would not want to obligate him or paint him into a corner. Good suggestion!
Old July 3rd, 2008, 07:16 PM
Treuwer
Trae Reuwer
94 D90

He has months of waiting lists on tops...personally I would prefer he offered a few tops as an in stock "ship it now" thing at regular price.

Not saying he wouldn't do it, but I'm pretty sure the guy has a lot of work and a well deserved loyal customer base.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 09:05 PM
badgerman
Christopher Laws
1964 Land Badger
D-90 Source Vendor

Actually the waiting time for tops is a lot less than it use to be. It's down to 5 weeks right now. I have an employee that was part time for a while, and has recently become full time. She is sewing like a banshee! We have seat covers in stock, and she also helps out in the top production. I know how easy it is to assume that the wait time is way out, but all you need to do is check in with the badgerman.

I am waiting for my next batch of window frames to come in. I am already 3 orders into this next order. I will have to look at production time on the door tops to offer a group price to D90 source members.

I also spent some time making patterns for the cabin cover. I will be ordering material after the holiday to fill the 7 orders I have for those.

I just don't know which item will be the next have to have item- we offer so much!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
90, badger, d-90, door, door tops