tune resistor and connector - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old September 18th, 2013, 02:03 PM
robertf
Robert F
1995 Discovery

tune resistor and connector

Looking for the factory plug for the tune resistor and for the resistor itself. Don't care what color/ohm resistor. It'll probably have to come from a pre 1990 range rover harness or maybe an imported defender harness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 24th, 2013, 05:30 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

All Defenders are imported and none of them had tune select resistors (AFAIK).......I have many harnesses and they have the location for the resistor but none found.
Pretty sure that the RRC didnt either. The ECU's NAS(?) dont require it. Other rest of world tuning maps are accessed through the tune select resistor. For instance I use the Saudi spec non cat tune select resistor if putting a V8 in a Series truck that does not require cats.
The plug for the tune select resistor is in the harness, there is just nothing in it. I have photos and measurements of the location.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"
Old September 24th, 2013, 07:26 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyddog11 View Post
All Defenders are imported and none of them had tune select resistors (AFAIK).......I have many harnesses and they have the location for the resistor but none found.
Pretty sure that the RRC didnt either. The ECU's NAS(?) dont require it. Other rest of world tuning maps are accessed through the tune select resistor. For instance I use the Saudi spec non cat tune select resistor if putting a V8 in a Series truck that does not require cats.
The plug for the tune select resistor is in the harness, there is just nothing in it. I have photos and measurements of the location.
Matt would you care to share photos and locations, do you have to adjust the MAF with the Saudi "tune resistor"? Thanks.
Advertisement

Old September 24th, 2013, 08:40 AM
robertf
Robert F
1995 Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyddog11 View Post
All Defenders are imported

I meant gray market/owner imported as opposed to 93,94,95,97. but you probably knew that.

do any of your harnesses have the plug for one? I've got the resistor on its way, just need the plug for it.
Old September 25th, 2013, 06:02 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertf View Post
I meant gray market/owner imported as opposed to 93,94,95,97. but you probably knew that.

do any of your harnesses have the plug for one? I've got the resistor on its way, just need the plug for it.
Im not sure that many if any grey market Defenders where EFI V8. You'd do better looking in a Disco or RRC, but the NAS version of them didnt use a resistor either.You really dont need the plug if your harness doesnt have one.
I can show you where it might be if I could get my camera and computer to talk. More to come.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

Old September 25th, 2013, 06:56 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

I cant remember what this harness was from. mid 90's something. This is the location where the tune select resistor would normally reside. Under much black tape. The other photo is what you are looking for. I ususally remove tape and pull these wires back out to where the ECU is. Allows for access after install. Any 2 wire plug will do. If you really want a factory plug the best place is the dealer. I probably have them but personally prefer to just use a weather pack.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1139.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	80809   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1141.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	80810  

Old September 25th, 2013, 07:01 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4 View Post
Matt would you care to share photos and locations, do you have to adjust the MAF with the Saudi "tune resistor"? Thanks.
I generally will be checking that when adjusting tune, so yes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted