Tickford reinforcement bar wanted - or measurements - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 14th, 2016, 06:00 AM
1994 NAS Defender 90
Tickford reinforcement bar wanted - or measurements

I posted a request this time last year. Still looking for the reinforcement bar that slides into the very front of the Tickford top, which then goes into the channel of the header bar above the windscreen.

I tried using a flat steel bar, about 4' long, from the hardware store, but at least twice on days with a crosswind, it popped out. I don't want to risk tearing any of the material - and it's a PITA to put it back since it necessitates loosening up many of the straps/snaps to gain enough movement to put back in place.

If not available from anyone (I've asked Chris Laws, but don't want to pester again), would someone mind giving me the measurements? (H,L,W?). Thanks.

Old March 14th, 2016, 06:18 AM
'94 Arles #1741, '94 Portifino #86
This is similar to what you've already done but, I am using a piece of vinyl trim from Lowes. I trimmed it so that it fills up the entire space and put some blue painters tape on the sharp edges so that they won't damage the top. I've ran up and down the interstate many times with no issues.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted