94 ST #395

look good. your tires could use some more meat though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 23rd, 2010, 08:33 PM
the_eaze
Eric Brown
1997 Arles SW

I love that tire cover. Would like to put one of those on the back of my truck!
Old October 23rd, 2010, 10:58 PM
Heathbarcrunch
Heath Glassman
In-between Rovers

Thanks guys for all your help. Your truck rocks. I only own black, white or silver/grey vehicles...

Love the wheels... right now I am just trying to figure out how much this project will cost me... I need a new project to work on. I had 2 black d90s 1994 and sold them to start my company.. its time to get back in the game...

I am even considering purchasing an SVX overseas and paying someone to take it part and send it to me... [oh wait I need to buy more mega-millions tickets for tonight's drawing]

Also contacted this guy on ebay, who is selling a 2009 d90 110.. which he claims he legally imported into the states... by signing a waiver of liability... not sure I want to turn the SVX project or this thread into an import /export fiasco.

------ Follow up post added October 23rd, 2010 11:03 PM ------

I forgot to ask. Does any one know of a crack for Microcat... I keep getting denied when trying to run a disk it tells me that I dont have Microcat Dongle.
I was sent a disk containing all the parts for 2007/8 Defender SVX... but cant use the damm thing.
Any suggestions....
Advertisement

Old October 24th, 2010, 12:48 AM
knab
Brandon Donald
97 ST, few RRCs, P38 HSE

I mostly just drive this one to work and back. The wheel/tire combo would be a very poor choice if you want to accomplish much more than that. If you want to accomplish an SVX replica, the wheels would be step 1. Here is a pic of a different wheel/tire combo that is not for not driving to the office and back!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	defender5.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	32401  
Old October 24th, 2010, 04:19 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I might be able to help you with the diassembly project when I get back to Germany. Parts that aren't too large I could send you through the APO. For the bigger stuff I could just arrange for a container.

The nice thing about buying an SVX is that you'd get the box for the top and the top frame etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old November 25th, 2010, 11:53 AM
mrdoiron
mike doiron
1961 Series IIa Hybrid Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
I might be able to help you with the diassembly project when I get back to Germany. Parts that aren't too large I could send you through the APO. For the bigger stuff I could just arrange for a container.

The nice thing about buying an SVX is that you'd get the box for the top and the top frame etc.
Did you ever source the SVX grill and light surrounds ? Curious of fit/connections challenges, and price paid ??? Thanks, mike
Old December 15th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Whatever happened to this project? I'm also interested in the SVX grill/lights as well.

Robert Deniro
Old December 15th, 2011, 09:22 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Neil

You can buy this light kit from any of the large uk suppliers or even eBay. Just make sure you get it for a lhd vehicle. Of I recall correctly there is a lhd and a rhd vehicle. It is plug and play for your 2011 puma. No ghettosled is complete without these lights.

They are super expensive though. I think you buy the lights, grill etc separate.
Old December 15th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Your talking about the official grill right? Not the thinner aftermarket one.

Robert Deniro
Old December 15th, 2011, 09:26 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Yes I would only go genuine. Kbx grill looks like a cheap copy and doesn't have the whole new light set up. I know how you roll. You need the good shit on the sled.
Old December 16th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Stormer
JP
2008 RRSC

Registry
I will have 2 SVX front seats coming over in early 2012 if anyone is interested still and yes, they are stupid expensive.

As to the lights, grill, and surrounds, a complete package is £1,100 or so.
Old December 16th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

So around $1700 bucks, not bad. Stormer how do you take orders, paypal? Do you have a online store?

Robert Deniro
Old December 16th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Stormer
JP
2008 RRSC

Registry
Don't run a store. I have just bought various random parts for a few different 110 projects. Sometimes I end up with items like the SVX seats for which I ultimately don't have a good use.

I had a guy in the UK buy the light package, surrounds, and grill for a truck he was finishing for me. I can see if the seller has another set and pass on his details if you like.
Old December 16th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Yes please, thank you.

Robert Deniro
Old June 22nd, 2015, 11:43 PM
mrdoiron
mike doiron

Quote:
Originally Posted by knab View Post
Here some pics of the wheels.
Looking to buy a set of Defender SVX wheels like this - and hoping they fit a 1988 LR90 turbo diesel RHD ok....
I believe the P/N is : VPLDW0001YCM
I see them on Rovers North, for ~$2000 for 4... so seeking an alternate source for a used or cheaper USA-available set.

Any source recommendations well appreciated - mrdoiron@gmail.com, 469 298-8055

thx, mike
Attached Images

1980 SerIII Lightweight ex-MOD RHD 24v
1988 LR 90 Turbo Diesel RHD

Old June 23rd, 2015, 07:50 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Just buy boost wheels.
Old June 24th, 2015, 12:24 AM
mrdoiron
mike doiron

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Just buy boost wheels.
I thought the bolt pattern on the 88 LR 90 was 5 x 6.5 (165.1mm) - does the Boost wheels come in this bolt pattern ? Unless I'm wrong on the 5 x 6.5...

Old June 24th, 2015, 01:35 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
It's all 5 on 6.5

Dual finish wheels come up for sale regularly on UK sites. Shipping on a 16x16x8 box isn't bad. If you buy used w/o tires and the seller will ship, you can have the right wheels for under 1k USD if you're good.

Old June 24th, 2015, 11:24 PM
mrdoiron
mike doiron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
It's all 5 on 6.5

Dual finish wheels come up for sale regularly on UK sites. Shipping on a 16x16x8 box isn't bad. If you buy used w/o tires and the seller will ship, you can have the right wheels for under 1k USD if you're good.
Many thanks Jim.

appreciated, mike

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
svx